Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Want to Test RotHC (and live in Austin)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Want to Test RotHC (and live in Austin)?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Screaming_Ziva
01.09.2013 , 01:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwence View Post
pretty dumb you have to live in austin to do this
Why? It's on-site using their machines. They don't want screenshots, movies, etc leaking out and that's gonna be a lot tougher using one of their machines than it would be sitting at home.

ErinWentworth
01.09.2013 , 02:59 PM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello,

I have been fortunate enough to be a part of some of the on-site player tests that we've hosted here at the studio and I can honestly say it has been a tremendous help. So if you happen to be in the area and have some time to do it we would really appreciate any feedback.

As a UI Programmer, having players come on site gives me an opportunity to observe where UI may or may not be working and hear first hand what their suggestions are for what features they might want to see. It is also great to be able to ask them questions on the fly that the discussions bring up.
Erin Wentworth
UI Programmer

Painted
01.09.2013 , 03:32 PM | #23
Erin I saw your post in the game testing thread and would love to suggest two things for the UI

1) I would also love to have the ability to set Ground Targets with the in game icons you can use to mark characters or Mobs it would be very beneficial in raids. That way in a raid you could set the ground target before the fight and tell everyone to move to flame during a certain phase it would be of great assistance for a raid leader.

2) A easier way for a healer to see debuff's on a target that need to be removed by making the raid frame change color to indicate what type of affliction a character in the raid now suffers from as a example if it was a poison the outline of that persons raid frame could turn green, etc.
Beta Tester from 12/08/2010
All the way to Alderaan!
Squadron 14-610

bahdasz
01.09.2013 , 03:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ErinWentworth View Post
Hello,

I have been fortunate enough to be a part of some of the on-site player tests that we've hosted here at the studio and I can honestly say it has been a tremendous help. So if you happen to be in the area and have some time to do it we would really appreciate any feedback.

As a UI Programmer, having players come on site gives me an opportunity to observe where UI may or may not be working and hear first hand what their suggestions are for what features they might want to see. It is also great to be able to ask them questions on the fly that the discussions bring up.
God I hope somebody that loves the game and has a clue tests this, because we all know the people that develop the game don't play it or have any clue about anything in the game.

Glower
01.09.2013 , 03:47 PM | #25
Hello,

As a UI Programmer,
****! PLS MAKE BUFFS/DEBUFFS LARGER (player frames, target frames, raid frames etc.). You just need to create new ui regions in UI editor and make it scalable by player. UI Programmer... yeah...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Polebreaker
01.09.2013 , 03:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Why? It's on-site using their machines. They don't want screenshots, movies, etc leaking out and that's gonna be a lot tougher using one of their machines than it would be sitting at home.
Because that might expose... ?

What is there to hide lol... they are only asking for our money...

Side note... Erin thanks for posting but be prepared to get roasted. The swtor UI is actually quite good (imho) since the customization update, and barring any sort of end user mods is one of my favs. But as others have said, often and loudly.. the game depends SO much on buffs/debuffs that for those icons to NOT be resizeable/movable/seperatable in any way is a freakin crime to gameplay.

Hey, I didnt even have to live in Austin to come up with that!

veyl
01.09.2013 , 03:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
****! PLS MAKE BUFFS/DEBUFFS LARGER (player frames, target frames, raid frames etc.). You just need to create new ui regions in UI editor and make it scalable by player. UI Programmer... yeah...
Wey've only been saying this since beta. Give the player a way to decipher which debuff/buff/ HoT is actually theirs and yet ours are still lost in the sea of SAME SHARED ICONS. If they can put CD timers on our abilities, they sure as hell should have them on the buff//debuff as well.

There is no reason that every debuff in this game shouldnt have its own Distinct icon either.

iamthehoyden
01.09.2013 , 03:57 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
LOL! Live IN Texas? There are a few things I'd do ON Texas long before I'd even consider that, I don't care how much a job there pays or how much fun it's supposed to be.
I'm located in Austin and it's a great city. Very laid back, accepting, and friendly. Hippies and techies had a baby, and it was Austin, lol. Plus the food and music is awesome

I would like to apply, but the site's saying the job has been pulled for whatever reason (too many applications maybe).
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

SuperGrunt
01.09.2013 , 05:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Painted View Post
Erin I saw your post in the game testing thread and would love to suggest two things for the UI

1) I would also love to have the ability to set Ground Targets with the in game icons you can use to mark characters or Mobs it would be very beneficial in raids. That way in a raid you could set the ground target before the fight and tell everyone to move to flame during a certain phase it would be of great assistance for a raid leader.

2) A easier way for a healer to see debuff's on a target that need to be removed by making the raid frame change color to indicate what type of affliction a character in the raid now suffers from as a example if it was a poison the outline of that persons raid frame could turn green, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
These would be awesome!!!!!!!!!
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

Glzmo
01.09.2013 , 06:31 PM | #30
Hello,

Are chat bubbles part of the UI in RotHC, by any chance (rumour is they are, but it hasn't been confirmed)? If so, I may be interested to travel to Austin and check them out and give you some feedback to help you ensure that this UI feature will make it live in the best quality possible. If not, I'll pass.