Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Belacose
01.09.2013 , 01:42 PM | #861
carry on

TheNahash
01.09.2013 , 01:45 PM | #862
Quote: Originally Posted by Kierman View Post
For instance, the Phantom Armor chest piece... Why does it now have the same ruffled shoulders the Revan top has? Why add shoulders to it at all?? One of the reasons I liked it was because it was a hoodless top, black, no fancy WoW shoulder stuff etc. It was a nice simple plain 'casual' top if you like.
The lead designer has already replied in this thread regarding the changes, but here's the short version of the story:

The Phantom Armor chest piece was initially advertised on the Blockade Runner's packshot WITH the shoulders thingie.
Those people that bought the packs for a chance to get it (because they actually liked the way it looked) were disappointed that it looked as simple as it did and voiced their dissatisfaction in the forum (you can search and you will find the thread I'm talking about).
Bioware then promised to fix the bug.
When Bioware did fix the bug, another group of people was disappointed because they liked the simple look.
A million threads and mod/dev replies later, we know that they will provide a way for people who liked the "incorrect" design to keep it just like that.

Groncho
01.09.2013 , 01:53 PM | #863
release a copy of the former armors (the ones that ppl were using before this patch) that are tradeable for the new patched and corrected ones., If u want to keep the new ones in the current form them fine, if not u change the shell and voila. Not big deal. Put a temp vendor in both fleets and thats it. Only binded shells can be replaced so theres no way to flood the market with any duplicate piece
btw the new ones are AWFULL
Ch
LATIN LOVER

Ciridemarr
01.09.2013 , 01:54 PM | #864
OK - how about such solution:
Devs will add NPC vendor that holds 4 versions of each set - ie. MK-1 with/without augment slot and MK-2 with/without augmentslot (feel free to find them other nice names :P ). This NPC would allow to EXCHANGE pieces 1:1 without any costs.
The only disadvantage would be cost of extracting mods from our current gear but 24k Cr per piece wouldn't ruin our purses and at least this we can sacrifce for BW mistake.

OK - what do you think folks ?
Ciridemarr
Guild Leader of Order of the Nameless
The Progenitor server EU

Ciridemarr
01.09.2013 , 01:54 PM | #865
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
release a copy of the former armors (the ones that ppl were using before this patch) that are tradeable for the new patched and corrected ones., If u want to keep the new ones in the current form them fine, if not u change the shell and voila. Not big deal. Put a temp vendor in both fleets and thats it. Only binded shells can be replaced so theres no way to flood the market with any duplicate piece
btw the new ones are AWFULL
LOL.. great minds think alike

I was late 1 min ....
Ciridemarr
Guild Leader of Order of the Nameless
The Progenitor server EU

Asuka
01.09.2013 , 01:57 PM | #866
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
If we had more communication like this, a lot of the fallout of problems could be generally avoided.

As to discussing the fix(es) - there have already been suggestions about having a vendor who can exchange the "corrected" version of the gear into the "incorrect" version of the gear, using the gear piece in question as a token. Will that be part of your meeting?
It would have been avoided if people read the Dev Tracker and made themselves aware that the armor designs were bugged and that a fix was coming then asked Bioware to implement the unintended set as well. All this drama was simply brought on by the ignorance of those refusing to make themselves aware of the known issues then complain when something unintended gets fixed.

Tatile
01.09.2013 , 02:03 PM | #867
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
It would have been avoided if people read the Dev Tracker and made themselves aware that the armor designs were bugged and that a fix was coming then asked Bioware to implement the unintended set as well. All this drama was simply brought on by the ignorance of those refusing to make themselves aware of the known issues then complain when something unintended gets fixed.
At the time I wasn't aware that the Phantom Armour was the same as the un-named armour in some of the Cash Shop pictures - I don't make a habit of finding out everything in each and every cartel box. I suppose I'll have to do so in the future (or simply avoid buying anything that comes from the Cash Shop).

I still don't understand why wanting a compromise on the armour design (particularly given that the incorrect Phantom armour design was allowed to exist for so long) makes me such a terrible, awful person, but I guess I'll just have to live with being a terrible, awful person.

Joesixxpack
01.09.2013 , 02:31 PM | #868
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
What a stupid and overplayed argument. You get bonus pontification points though.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

iamthehoyden
01.09.2013 , 02:33 PM | #869
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --
-snip-
Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
Now THIS is communication. Thank you for this. And CM team, please take note, this is what we're looking for when it comes to issues in the game.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

TUXs
01.09.2013 , 02:34 PM | #870
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
What about if the add a new item which has the old, "incorrect" look, for people who like it and the current Phantom set gets to stay all frilly and glowy, does that work?
I think it's a great suggestion.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)