Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech: Armoring?

TunaF
01.09.2013 , 12:00 PM | #1
Why do the Armoring mods start at level 9 when the only equipment you can use it in are level 11 and higher?
Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

_Darkstar
01.09.2013 , 12:03 PM | #2
Sure I have seen plenty of orange gear with no level limits
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

TunaF
01.09.2013 , 12:04 PM | #3
Yes, but most of that stuff is from Cartel coins which weren't in the game when it was first released.

psandak
01.09.2013 , 12:47 PM | #4
Gives you the opportunity to RE and create better armoring for when you hit level 11 /shrug

Mozivicus
01.09.2013 , 01:36 PM | #5
There are many orange (custom) crafted armors that can be worn at level 9.....look on the GTN.

TunaF
01.09.2013 , 02:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
There are many orange (custom) crafted armors that can be worn at level 9.....look on the GTN.
I did look, for the last couple of days and I didn't see a single one.

Mozivicus
01.09.2013 , 03:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TunaF View Post
I did look, for the last couple of days and I didn't see a single one.
The crafting schematics for the level 9 orange gear are pretty rare to come by. If someone has one, they'll usually buy any other schematic they see so they can keep ahold on the market. Trust me though, there is a lot of orange armor available at level 9

DawnAskham
01.09.2013 , 04:38 PM | #8
I don't believe there are any craftable custom armor sets that only require level 9.

There are some vendor items along with some random drops available that only require level 9.

Though with CM armor being available without a level requirement, the question shouldn't be why do level 9 mods exist, but rather why don't mods exist before level 9.

Mozivicus
01.10.2013 , 09:27 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
I don't believe there are any craftable custom armor sets that only require level 9.

There are some vendor items along with some random drops available that only require level 9.

Though with CM armor being available without a level requirement, the question shouldn't be why do level 9 mods exist, but rather why don't mods exist before level 9.
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/222...panther-gloves

One of many orange (custom) armors that are able to be used at level 9.

_Darkstar
01.10.2013 , 09:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
why don't mods exist before level 9.
How would you get them? You can't craft until 9 at least.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!