Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage weaksauce in PVP

MusicRider
12.30.2012 , 01:50 PM | #11
relics = pvp power ones. if you want confirmation just check the gear of some good sages if you know any in your server.

Ballzz
01.06.2013 , 07:44 PM | #12
I made the mistake of resubbing to this game after being gone for many months. Worst 15 bucks I have spent in a while. I used to play a full heal spec'd sage but after 1.2 that wasn't really viable against even a couple people on a team who know how to interrupt. I was hoping pvp had improved somewhat but I see that it's essentially the same as it was (a huge dps cluster****). I even tried switching to a hybrid spec which did improve my survivability somewhat but gimped my healing. As someone who wants to heal and doesn't care about dps or utility this is an unsatisfactory solution.

I see the advice for healing sages hasn't changed, either. Oh just run around like an idiot (even though you can't heal and run at the same time, no other class has to do that and you are constantly getting cc'd/pulled/knocked around like a pinata).

If they want a dps-centric pvp game they should at least make it so that you don't take damage when you are not in control of your character. That would force people to either dps you OR cc you not both at the same time.

Fastest sub cancellation ever. Yeah, I know "good riddance", "you suck" and all that. Enjoy the ***** pvp.

Black-Cell
01.07.2013 , 12:40 AM | #13
As others have said just practice kiting, get better gear, watch some videos for some good tricks- Use your egress at the right moments and not at random. For example, if a knight/warrior leaps at you, don't run ASAP, wait until you see them using master strike and then sprint (use force mend while sprinting!) and use Los, drop your HoT, heal trance, and bam you saved your butt. Find a good tank too, preferably a guardian who can force push annoying pests like operative/scoundrel far away and can't leap or sprint back to u lol.

I stack 80 power and ~50 surge on almost all pieces of gear, with the exception of two where I focus on crit mods and enhancements. I use EWH power relics. I have almost 0 alacrity besides my implants. I can consistently heal 4-600k in a full match. I just broke my own record yesterday in hyper gates (yes, went down to the last second), achieving close to 800k in heals. I think I hit 760k or something like that.

Also, make sure you put points into absorbing 20% with your bubble if you don't do that already. I laugh when someone derp smashes me and I see "absorbed" flash on me . Anyway, hope this helps. Definitely a lot of good tips on your post

MusicRider
01.07.2013 , 04:57 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ballzz View Post
I made the mistake of resubbing to this game after being gone for many months. Worst 15 bucks I have spent in a while. I used to play a full heal spec'd sage but after 1.2 that wasn't really viable against even a couple people on a team who know how to interrupt. I was hoping pvp had improved somewhat but I see that it's essentially the same as it was (a huge dps cluster****). I even tried switching to a hybrid spec which did improve my survivability somewhat but gimped my healing. As someone who wants to heal and doesn't care about dps or utility this is an unsatisfactory solution.

I see the advice for healing sages hasn't changed, either. Oh just run around like an idiot (even though you can't heal and run at the same time, no other class has to do that and you are constantly getting cc'd/pulled/knocked around like a pinata).

If they want a dps-centric pvp game they should at least make it so that you don't take damage when you are not in control of your character. That would force people to either dps you OR cc you not both at the same time.

Fastest sub cancellation ever. Yeah, I know "good riddance", "you suck" and all that. Enjoy the ***** pvp.
Actually having a hybrid sage healer in the team can be a game changer and hybrid hardly punishes their healing. I have no clue what you are talking about.

Kovaos
01.09.2013 , 01:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisronline View Post
I'm full balance and I don't find it difficult to perform well in PuG warzones (99% of how I play).

Please, please, please understand that you're a support class, especially as a hybrid healer. You excel at controlling the enemy - force lift, force slow, stun, etc. If you're interested, I can post some videos of how I play (I don't pretend to be the best, but I'm not bad).
I can understand a hybrid healing spec to be a support role. A full DPS spec, however, for any squishy AC class should throw some dominate damage numbers. The key word is should. In comparison look at a mara/sent; decent survivability but great damage. In respect, Sages/Sorcs should be comparable.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."