Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aizen
01.09.2013 , 09:18 AM | #791
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post

Next time, take time to read a post before you respond to it.

I included my post that you responed to since it has been buried by 145 other posts
Oh your post was read. Clearly you didn't understand why you got the response you did.

bickering over a correction is pointless. Correction Noun: A change that rectifies an error or inaccuracy.

Reppical
01.09.2013 , 09:20 AM | #792
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Bioware releases bugged content.

Group A complains because it's bugged, Bioware puts it into the queue to fix.

Bioware fixes the content and then Group B complains because they liked the bugged version. Group A is happy.

Now, you guys want them to change it back, which would make you happy all the while making group A complain again. In other words, changing it back really isn't an option. It would become a never ending loop.

At this point, Bioware just needs to release a few cheap "painted on" armor skins to appease both groups.
I agree with what you have said. As for the painted on skin... I hope not.... I enjoy seeing people cry and complain about something so small when this game has bigger issues to cry about, if it didn't, I'd be with them crying about the smaller things... but why be upset over a peanut when the bowl is what needs attention.

Ryscandor
01.09.2013 , 09:25 AM | #793
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayeri View Post
Both sides who want different looking armor have valid issues that need resolution. I, for one, have faith in Joveth, but this thread is no longer serving any valid purpose as it has devolved into pointless back-and-forthing about who is right or wrong.

That is NOT the point here. The point is that all of us had certain expectations of the armor and it was changed from whichever you had to something else, or from something that didn't match your expectations into something you did. Neither side is invalid at all and I hope Bioware will be able to give those of us who liked the previous look back the sets we loved.

That said, I will take my leave and urge you all to a little more respect and courtesy of each other's viewpoints.
I can't agree more. This really has nothing to do with one side being right. Both sides are right.

Nobody should be advocating returning the pieces to their old state - some people want them in their new state. That's no better than what happened with the patch when armors suddenly changed. (I noted I had a headpiece that now has goggles! Had the blasted thing for 3-4 months, and suddenly I wake up and it has goggles.)

Just re-release the old pieces as new armor. Please.

And Bioware should think carefully about updating stuff cosmetically when they've been out on the server for any length of time. You're just begging to irritate people with that method.

Sentanta
01.09.2013 , 09:34 AM | #794
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
Now if only BW would finally make that patch that gets rid of annoying people ************ about every little thing.
This is rich - you were probably one of the players whinging about it not looking like it did in the picture!!
“Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

A home for SWG vets!

Marctraider
01.09.2013 , 09:37 AM | #795
Either fix this and make us have the option or I want my money back on all the stuff including my Trailblazer jacket.
Cyrix 166MHz - 128MB EDOram - Tseng Labs WD4000 1MB VRAM + 3DFx Voodoo 2 12MB 2x SLI - Quantum Bigfoot 6GB - Adlib Gold 8-bit soundcard with real OPL3 Synthesis.
--- 45~ FPS in Fleet/Warzones ---

DamionSchubert
01.09.2013 , 09:50 AM | #796 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
SWTOR Lead Designer

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 09:50 AM | #797
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSkate View Post
No they don't.
I receive 600 complimentary cartel coins per month at no charge for being a subscriber and having a security key. At no "real world currency" cost to me.
So a cartel market purchase is not necessarily a "real money" purchase.
So...You don't pay real world currency for you Sub?

Terro_Fett
01.09.2013 , 09:56 AM | #798
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
Now this is what I like to see!

winterjane
01.09.2013 , 09:58 AM | #799
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayeri View Post
Both sides who want different looking armor have valid issues that need resolution. I, for one, have faith in Joveth, but this thread is no longer serving any valid purpose as it has devolved into pointless back-and-forthing about who is right or wrong.

That is NOT the point here. The point is that all of us had certain expectations of the armor and it was changed from whichever you had to something else, or from something that didn't match your expectations into something you did. Neither side is invalid at all and I hope Bioware will be able to give those of us who liked the previous look back the sets we loved.

That said, I will take my leave and urge you all to a little more respect and courtesy of each other's viewpoints.
And I will agree with you and stop posting also. If a 60+ page thread hasn't alerted BW to the fact that their communication on this issue was a massive fail, and that many customers (on both 'sides' of the old/new divide) are very unhappy with the way this has been handled, I'm not sure what else we can do.

The utterly simple suggestion of offering a choice of 'look' to those people who already have altered/corrected items bound to them, given that programming for both looks already exists, has been made many times and in several threads. The looks could then be sold as different sets in the future. I for one hope that will happen (and BW ought to realise it could give them happy customers AND make them MORE money for very little effort), but I'm going to go away now, have a cup of tea and wait to see what happens.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun.” - C.S. Lewis

Devlonir
01.09.2013 , 09:59 AM | #800
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
Thank you for coming in Damion!

I know a fix to this issue that is a middle ground and keeps all people pleased is not a thing implemented quickly, and the 'choosing which look you want' may be a simple solution on paper but is, of course, not something you can deliver within a few hours. We all look forward to seeing what Bioware does to solve this issue for the players that did enjoy the old look of the items.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman