Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder should include recommended gear level

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Group Finder should include recommended gear level
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FlyinSpaghetti
01.07.2013 , 08:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We did recently add recommended gear levels to Group Finder content to give players a better idea of where they should be before attempting the content (as some others have mentioned). We do appreciate your feedback on this feature and we'll be continuing to watch it!
Except trying to find where it says it is a cryptic clue in itself.

I had to have someone on the forums tell me about it, surely that information should be clearly visible instead of being a popup where you have to hold your mouse over as certain point just to get it?
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Masterjoruus
01.08.2013 , 11:24 AM | #12
When using the Flashpoint and Operation finder there should be a Flat out min gear level requirement to queue for it. Let's take Lost Island Hard-mode Flashpoint for example With new update to 1.5 at level 50 characters get 99 Tionese Commendations they can use to equipped Tionese gear level 126. I have seen players Queue for Lost Island Hard-mode and not even have 1 Piece of Tionese gear equipped there highest gear level was 116. (I have seen this more than once.) Since Lost Island Hard mode is at the top of the hardest Flashpoints to run I would suggest that 1/2 of the gear needs to be Columi gear or better to queue for it. Granted that means a live gear level meter needs to be installed at the character sheet but I think that would be a good thing to have for the game. However if players want to group up and run a flashpoint or Operation and not use the Flashpoint finder then there should be a recommended gear level at that point for the players. . Note: There is that no one reads but it is in the mission log it reads: {(Hard Mode) this mission is for a well-equipped group of four players.} If you like what you read please copy and paste it to SWTOR customer service.
You Control Your Destiny.

Moestuin
01.09.2013 , 03:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Masterjoruus View Post
When using the Flashpoint and Operation finder there should be a Flat out min gear level requirement to queue for it. Let's take Lost Island Hard-mode Flashpoint for example With new update to 1.5 at level 50 characters get 99 Tionese Commendations they can use to equipped Tionese gear level 126. I have seen players Queue for Lost Island Hard-mode and not even have 1 Piece of Tionese gear equipped there highest gear level was 116. (I have seen this more than once.) Since Lost Island Hard mode is at the top of the hardest Flashpoints to run I would suggest that 1/2 of the gear needs to be Columi gear or better to queue for it. Granted that means a live gear level meter needs to be installed at the character sheet but I think that would be a good thing to have for the game. However if players want to group up and run a flashpoint or Operation and not use the Flashpoint finder then there should be a recommended gear level at that point for the players. . Note: There is that no one reads but it is in the mission log it reads: {(Hard Mode) this mission is for a well-equipped group of four players.} If you like what you read please copy and paste it to SWTOR customer service.
I have also seen an influx of people queuing for LI HM for the weekly but not even wearing the free set of Tionese gear. After asking why they are almost always F2P people who can't wear purple armor. The rest usually dinged level 50 only shortly before and didn't know about the free gear.