Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vhaegrant
01.09.2013 , 02:05 AM | #671
As an addition to what I said earlier about selling items you don't want from the cartel packs on the GTN.

The 'incorrect' Phantom chestpiece had great utility and offered a look many players scross the classes wanted. I'm seeing as many Imperial Agents wanting the 'incorrect' look back as well as Shadows and Inquisitors. Of the defenders of this change the majority seem to be Inquisitors. I've certainly not seen any Imperial Agents defending the choice.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that you'd be upset if you were buying a cartel pack to get a certain look that was advertised (Only the female version) and it wasn't in the pack. But you'd likely be a lot quicker to spot any mention of such issues on the forum and then stop buying the packs. Sell of the gear you did get on the GTN or if you were hoping for a change but unsure keep it unequipped (unbound) in your bank until the issue was resolved.

I'm not asking for a rollback or change that affects all the sets affected in this way. Ideally I would like to see both parties get to keep the look they want.

Just remember the bottom line is...

If you bought the cartel packs you had the option to hold onto item (unbound) or sell it.

If you bought the item because you liked how it looked in preview mode on the GTN and equipped it, then you've just lost all that investment.

DerTaran
01.09.2013 , 02:05 AM | #672
Both groups are right and Bioware is wrong, they should offer everybody to switch back to the old look. In my case, I've got the Spymaster hat and I don't like the blue glas attached to it, please give us back the old version.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 60 Commando; Annakami 55 Vanguard; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 55 Scoundrel; Orokriste 55 Shadow
Amitha 55 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 02:05 AM | #673
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
It's kind of funny to me. Here we are 3:00 AM 1-9-13 and finally the 3 BW supporters on this issue have arrived, where have you been all day? Well I guess we'll have to wait for the masses when they wake up tomorrow. In the meantime you 3 go ahead and fill in this thread with as much counter- argument as you can (if it really is 3 and not 1). I'm sure your just adding plenty of fuel to the fire.
I was in game....enjoying my corrected sets. Its not 3 am where I'm at...nor 9 Jan 2013....yet.

Vhaegrant
01.09.2013 , 02:09 AM | #674
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
The statement on 12/12/12 stated it was incorrect and was supposed to look as the promo and Joveth confirmed the exact same thing today. That's all there is to it.
That statement was easy to miss in Dev tracker due to the vaguness of the thread and players may not have been looking to purchase items on the GTN at that time. Certainly there was no easy point of reference to the specific items mentioned in Dev response or Thread title. Not to mention some items that had their model changed were not represented in the cartel pack artwork.

For example the Spymaster set was shown on a male, the Phantom on a female. There is no reason to think they would look exactly the same on the opposite sex.

To be sure you use the preview mode to see how an item looks on your character as Species, Body Type and Gender can all play a part in how the ensemble looks.

Asuka
01.09.2013 , 02:10 AM | #675
Quote: Originally Posted by DerTaran View Post
Both groups are right and Bioware is wrong, they should offer everybody to switch back to the old look. In my case, I've got the Spymaster hat and I don't like the blue glas attached to it, please give us back the old version.
Petition them to add the variant unintended set to the market.

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 02:12 AM | #676
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
As an addition to what I said earlier about selling items you don't want from the cartel packs on the GTN.

The 'incorrect' Phantom chestpiece had great utility and offered a look many players scross the classes wanted. I'm seeing as many Imperial Agents wanting the 'incorrect' look back as well as Shadows and Inquisitors. Of the defenders of this change the majority seem to be Inquisitors. I've certainly not seen any Imperial Agents defending the choice.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that you'd be upset if you were buying a cartel pack to get a certain look that was advertised (Only the female version) and it wasn't in the pack. But you'd likely be a lot quicker to spot any mention of such issues on the forum and then stop buying the packs. Sell of the gear you did get on the GTN or if you were hoping for a change but unsure keep it unequipped (unbound) in your bank until the issue was resolved.

I'm not asking for a rollback or change that affects all the sets affected in this way. Ideally I would like to see both parties get to keep the look they want.

Just remember the bottom line is...

If you bought the cartel packs you had the option to hold onto item (unbound) or sell it.
Cartel packs cost Cartel Credits...which cost real world currency.
If you bought the item because you liked how it looked in preview mode on the GTN and equipped it, then you've just lost all that investment. Items purchased from GTN are purchased with in game credits. They have no real world value.
see highlights in red.

You do know the difference between a gaming currency and real world currency?

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 02:14 AM | #677
That statement was easy to miss in Dev tracker due to the vaguness of the thread and players may not have been looking to purchase items on the GTN at that time. Certainly there was no easy point of reference to the specific items mentioned in Dev response or Thread title. Not to mention some items that had their model changed were not represented in the cartel pack artwork.

For example the Spymaster set was shown on a male, the Phantom on a female. There is no reason to think they would look exactly the same on the opposite sex.

To be sure you use the preview mode to see how an item looks on your character as Species, Body Type and Gender can all play a part in how the ensemble looks.
You do know preview mode doesn't work on Cartel packs? So I had to go buy the picture on the cartel pack was the item I was buying.

homeloard
01.09.2013 , 02:18 AM | #678
NO we do not love the changes to the Trailblazer Jacket. Why do we have to have these stupid non functional things hanging off simple clothing. There is now no plain jacket, everything now makes you look like a fugitive from some old time WW1 movie or a scuba diver. I just want Levis and a shirt.
Cunning over comes everything.

Vhaegrant
01.09.2013 , 02:18 AM | #679
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
see highlights in red.

You do know the difference between a gaming currency and real world currency?
Cartel coins are purchased with real money (or part of subscribers perks). Buying a cartel pack to get a specific item involves a lot of failed attempts and those items are sold on the GTN.

Ingame currency is accrued at the expense of time, or selling cartel acquired items on the GTN.

Both involve an investment, one in cash the other in time. What I was trying to point out was that one doesn't force a player to keep an item they don't want and the other does.

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 02:20 AM | #680
Cartel coins are purchased with real money (or part of subscribers perks). Buying a cartel pack to get a specific item involves a lot of failed attempts and those items are sold on the GTN.

Ingame currency is accrued at the expense of time, or selling cartel acquired items on the GTN.

Both involve an investment, one in cash the other in time. What I was trying to point out was that one doesn't force a player to keep an item they don't want and the other does.
Your right...I wasn't forced. I was informed by BioWare....That a correction was coming in an up coming patch, I got that patch today.