Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Asuka
01.09.2013 , 01:50 AM | #661
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVandalism View Post
So, I do not like the changes to my characters outfit, and people are telling me that I should come to the forums and spend hours of my RL time sifting through this garbage to find out that it may get switched on me for something I do not care for.

Before I bought, I used the preview window. Why? Because I do not give a rats *** about what some artist drew for an illustration of the packs. I care about what my character looks like in game. I bought what I liked. I do not have what I bought. I do not like what I have. PERIOD! This is called fraud. Hiding disclosure on a forum is not customer clear disclosure.

I would like it changed back, my money back, or the option to get what I originally purchased without having to shell out a lot more money or credits or both.
It's still your fault completely that you didn't bother to read the below which was posted in what is the official communications for Bioware which has always been the website. Ignorance isn't an excuse and you choose to not spend 5 mins looking at daily updates to see if anything the devs have said might pertain to you instead of making excuses for being too lazy to even look.

Old 12.12.2012 , 04:10 PM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.

Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!

Joveth Gonzalez | Online Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

MiralukaJedi
01.09.2013 , 01:52 AM | #662
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Wow...nice blinder's

I got mine from the cartel packs....been holding on to the for when(today) BioWare corrected their mistake.
I originally purchase the cartel packs for the armor advertised on the cartel packs. I did not get what was advertised. Now, you want me to have to buy new packs in the hopes of getting Armor I had already purchased?
I did list majority. Is your current armor bound? That's the thing. You held onto yours, but unless you equipped it then it wouldn't be bound. Trade, sell, barter, etc. Perhaps a way to allow a trade-in from bioware. Those that have it equipped have it bound. They have no option to sell it and use the credits to buy the old set. It's a matter of options. The majority of the people with the set kept it due to liking it. Now they can't do anything about it. It's bound. You at least had the option (had the advertised set been offered) to trade old for advertised or sell old, buy advertised (GTN), etc.

The point is that forcing the changed look is a bit worse then providing a new option. Again, flip the side. Imagine if it started with you wearing the advertised that you liked and you logged on today to find it reduced to the old set.

Your character was changed without your permission

Can you honestly tell me that is a lesser offense then the option to buy a new suit you like? Would you rather I broke into your house and replaced all your clothes with clothes I liked or for me to sell you clothes you like to replace ugly clothes you bought before hand?

Snaekolf
01.09.2013 , 01:53 AM | #663
Quote: Originally Posted by Reppical View Post
Thank you Bioware, not everyone hates your new changes...
/agree

MiralukaJedi
01.09.2013 , 01:54 AM | #664
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
It's still your fault completely that you didn't bother to read the below which was posted in what is the official communications for Bioware which has always been the website. Ignorance isn't an excuse and you choose to not spend 5 mins looking at daily updates to see if anything the devs have said might pertain to you instead of making excuses for being too lazy to even look.

Old 12.12.2012 , 04:10 PM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.

Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!

Joveth Gonzalez | Online Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]
And the yellow text is official and can never be wrong or changed? Do I really need to go back and quote today's post of "We didn't mean to change the phantom set it will be changed back" and demand it be adhered to regardless of the fact he corrected it and said he was mistaken?

A post on the forum is NOT an official statement that automatically clears all wrong doing. And it is NOT the buyers fault for buying something that was offered incorrectly. If I went to a grocery store and they labeled something wrong and I bought it, I AM entitled to return it because of manufacturer's error.

Asuka
01.09.2013 , 01:59 AM | #665
Quote: Originally Posted by MiralukaJedi View Post
I did list majority. Is your current armor bound? That's the thing. You held onto yours, but unless you equipped it then it wouldn't be bound. Trade, sell, barter, etc. Perhaps a way to allow a trade-in from bioware. Those that have it equipped have it bound. They have no option to sell it and use the credits to buy the old set. It's a matter of options. The majority of the people with the set kept it due to liking it. Now they can't do anything about it. It's bound. You at least had the option (had the advertised set been offered) to trade old for advertised or sell old, buy advertised (GTN), etc.

The point is that forcing the changed look is a bit worse then providing a new option. Again, flip the side. Imagine if it started with you wearing the advertised that you liked and you logged on today to find it reduced to the old set.

Can you honestly tell me that is a lesser offense then the option to buy a new suit you like? Would you rather I broke into your house and replaced all your clothes with clothes I liked or for me to sell you clothes you like to replace ugly clothes you bought before hand?
They don't need permission to do anything they want anytime they want. It's their property and we own absolutely nothing. Also they stated it was incorrect and that it's supposed to look like the artwork and they made it look as advertised.

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 02:00 AM | #666

Ok....I bought mine with CC, Which I had to purchase with real world currency. Yes, They are bound. Multiple sets. I have waited for nearly a month for BioWare to make this correction. So if you care to send me cash....not credits...to re-purchase the multiple packs I have to purchase to get FULL SETS.

And its not a changed look....its a correction.

Mindwreck
01.09.2013 , 02:01 AM | #667
It's kind of funny to me. Here we are 3:00 AM 1-9-13 and finally the 3 BW supporters on this issue have arrived, where have you been all day? Well I guess we'll have to wait for the masses when they wake up tomorrow. In the meantime you 3 go ahead and fill in this thread with as much counter- argument as you can (if it really is 3 and not 1). I'm sure your just adding plenty of fuel to the fire.

MiralukaJedi
01.09.2013 , 02:02 AM | #668
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
They don't need permission to do anything they want anytime they want. It's their property and we own absolutely nothing. Also they stated it was incorrect and that it's supposed to look like the artwork and they made it look as advertised.
And with that I'm done and going to sleep.

That's just sheer stupid. I'm sure if you woke up one day to find all your characters deleted because they can do anything they want you'll reroll all your characters and just shrug and go "Welp they can do anything they want."

You don't **** people who give you money. You don't **** your customers. That's basic level intelligence and if you can't grasp that you really shouldn't be posting. I hate throwing out insults, but what you just said was probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

You know technically I CAN go out and kill/ someone. Sure it's against the law, but I CAN do it. What a person CAN do and what they should do are two separate things. Now you could argue "Well yes, but I meant legally they can do whatever" as a negation for that thus clarifying "can" is "legal". That'd be accurate and would negate that statement, but it would not negate the first.

Asuka
01.09.2013 , 02:03 AM | #669
And the yellow text is official and can never be wrong or changed? Do I really need to go back and quote today's post of "We didn't mean to change the phantom set it will be changed back" and demand it be adhered to regardless of the fact he corrected it and said he was mistaken?

A post on the forum is NOT an official statement that automatically clears all wrong doing. And it is NOT the buyers fault for buying something that was offered incorrectly. If I went to a grocery store and they labeled something wrong and I bought it, I AM entitled to return it because of manufacturer's error.
The statement on 12/12/12 stated it was incorrect and was supposed to look as the promo and Joveth confirmed the exact same thing today. That's all there is to it.

Asuka
01.09.2013 , 02:04 AM | #670
And with that I'm done and going to sleep.

That's just sheer stupid. I'm sure if you woke up one day to find all your characters deleted because they can do anything they want you'll reroll all your characters and just shrug and go "Welp they can do anything they want."

You don't **** people who give you money. You don't **** your customers. That's basic level intelligence and if you can't grasp that you really shouldn't be posting. I hate throwing out insults, but what you just said was probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

You know technically I CAN go out and kill/ someone. Sure it's against the law, but I CAN do it. What a person CAN do and what they should do are two separate things. Now you could argue "Well yes, but I meant legally they can do whatever" as a negation for that thus clarifying "can" is "legal". That'd be accurate and would negate that statement, but it would not negate the first.
Nobody forces you to buy something that's stated to be wrong. If you proceed to buy said wrong item that's your problem.