Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightsaber

Talon_Starfire
01.06.2013 , 10:14 AM | #1
Hi all,
Is it possible to use a Lightsaber as more than a stat stick?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

SoonerJBD
01.06.2013 , 11:15 AM | #2
Not for a sorcerer. You might as well take your lightsaber skills off your hot bar.

AdmiralParmesan
01.06.2013 , 06:37 PM | #3
Idk I like to hit assassins buring force shroud with my saber strike if I have nothing else better I can do.

Honestly the Sorc/Sage melee attacks are the worst in game. They don't benefit from your main stat and can be dodged so they do no damage and also are kind of unlikely to hit.

Bascially saber strike/trash is only for the LOLz
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

ImmortalLeoman
01.06.2013 , 06:39 PM | #4
It's fun to beat the people who really really bad to death with it in pvp.
I am the Blackness.... /flap

Rabelle
01.07.2013 , 05:08 AM | #5
Yeah, the lightsaber is just a statstick for us... I don't think any sorcerer is asking to be good at melee but just one ability that required the lightsaber to activate would be sweet. Like this for example:

Striking an opponent with Thrash that you previously have afflicted with Affliction will cause Affliction to immediately detonate for its full damage and cause 40% of the damage as splash damage to all opponents within 5 meters of the target. If any target hit by splash damage also carries your Affliction these too will detonate with the same effect.
Using this combo will put your Affliction on a 20 seconds cooldown.

Boom-boom-boom!

Sure would be sweet, but this would require some degree of imagination from the devs and I'm afraid they used it all up on other classes (or other games). Just look at the class feedback thread prior to 1.4, full of ideas and what did we get? A new heal...
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, the heal is nice and all but could you be more unimaginative?
Héx - Sorcerer The Red Eclipse

Goretzu
01.07.2013 , 06:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabelle View Post
Yeah, the lightsaber is just a statstick for us... I don't think any sorcerer is asking to be good at melee but just one ability that required the lightsaber to activate would be sweet. Like this for example:

Striking an opponent with Thrash that you previously have afflicted with Affliction will cause Affliction to immediately detonate for its full damage and cause 40% of the damage as splash damage to all opponents within 5 meters of the target. If any target hit by splash damage also carries your Affliction these too will detonate with the same effect.
Using this combo will put your Affliction on a 20 seconds cooldown.

Boom-boom-boom!

Sure would be sweet, but this would require some degree of imagination from the devs and I'm afraid they used it all up on other classes (or other games). Just look at the class feedback thread prior to 1.4, full of ideas and what did we get? A new heal...
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, the heal is nice and all but could you be more unimaginative?

Yeah it would be nice for there to be some sort of lightsaber attack with the lightsaber that was useful.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Hairyzac
01.07.2013 , 09:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Idk I like to hit assassins buring force shroud with my saber strike if I have nothing else better I can do.

Honestly the Sorc/Sage melee attacks are the worst in game. They don't benefit from your main stat and can be dodged so they do no damage and also are kind of unlikely to hit.

Bascially saber strike/trash is only for the LOLz
I thrash for the luls if someone is in my face sometimes. It usually hits. Always fun to use right as you finish someone off! Looks epic!

AdmiralParmesan
01.07.2013 , 02:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
I thrash for the luls if someone is in my face sometimes. It usually hits. Always fun to use right as you finish someone off! Looks epic!
I know! I try to kill baddies with it all the time
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

ZeppFreeloader
01.09.2013 , 12:48 AM | #9
Am I the only one who would rather have a second focus rather than a vestigial lightsaber?

Talon_Starfire
01.09.2013 , 07:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeppFreeloader View Post
Am I the only one who would rather have a second focus rather than a vestigial lightsaber?
What kind of Focus a Shield or what?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper