Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

ladwar
01.08.2013 , 09:00 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
For the record, I'm not under geared. I stripped the mods of the free tionese gear and put it on my other adaptable armor (revans) and it has the exact same stats as if I was wearing the armor =)

if u think tionese is up to par with HM FP, then u must think rakata is geared for NiM EC but im going to guess you have never ran an Operation before.
its a good thing im not on your server so i don't have to waste my time putting you onto my ignore list.

Khevar
01.08.2013 , 09:05 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
if u think tionese is up to par with HM FP, then u must think rakata is geared for NiM EC but im going to guess you have never ran an Operation before.
its a good thing im not on your server so i don't have to waste my time putting you onto my ignore list.
Are you actually unable to run a HM FP in Tionese gear? You have to overgear it with Columi or better?

Wow. I suggest you read some guides on how to play your class and improve your skill in this game.

Tionese is good enough for ANY T1 HM FP.

ladwar
01.08.2013 , 09:15 PM | #183
hve u tried it with a full team in tionese but u. its murder and i was the healer who ended up tanking with self heals and did more damage then both dps+tank, it would of been easier to have solo the fight with my companion out. worse battle of illum HM i ever did.

Darth_Dreselus
01.09.2013 , 12:26 AM | #184
Recruit/Tionese is good enough for HM FP, it is kinda obvious considering they drop Columi.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Khevar
01.09.2013 , 01:11 AM | #185
hve u tried it with a full team in tionese but u. its murder and i was the healer who ended up tanking with self heals and did more damage then both dps+tank, it would of been easier to have solo the fight with my companion out. worse battle of illum HM i ever did.
I've absolutely done it with a full group in Tionese.

Actually, when I first hit level 50 on my first toon way way way back, I did my several HM FPs with groups that were a mix of Tionese and some level 49 purples.

Before the group finder, you trolled gen chat for groups, and often times the people that joined had poor gear -- the whole slew of overgeared people doing HM FPs came about much later, with the BH comm rewards.

I think I finished (successfully) 7 HM FPs before I won my first piece of Columi.

Oh, and these were all pugs, I wasn't in a guild at the time.

Since the group finder, I've done HM FPs several hundred times on five different level 50s. In additional to the typical overgeared group, I've done plenty of undergeared pugs. As long as they were willing to listen to strategies, or already knew the fights, there wasn't a problem.

Tionese is PLENTY of gear for HM FP. If you're struggling with it, there are threads on this forum for every class giving optimal builds, rotations, etc. I suggest to look these up and improve your gameplay, rather than threatening to put a Tionese-geared player on ignore for daring to join you in a T1 HM FP.

DSpectre
01.09.2013 , 08:35 AM | #186
Uhh I KNOW it is up to par. Because I'm able to run hard modes with it and no body complains about what stuff I'm wearing. So your point of the tionese mods not being up to "par" is wildly inaccurate.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

DataBeaver
01.09.2013 , 09:36 AM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
Uhh I KNOW it is up to par. Because I'm able to run hard modes with it and no body complains about what stuff I'm wearing. So your point of the tionese mods not being up to "par" is wildly inaccurate.
Furthermore, if you hover your mouse pointer over the title for hardmode flashpoints in the group finder window, you get a tooltip that says you should have Tionese or better. So it definitely is the gear that content was designed for. A skilled group could make do with even less.

It seems that as players progress through content and gain more powerful gear, their skill actually decreases and they become more and more reliant on overpowered gear to clear content.

RikuvonDrake
01.09.2013 , 09:47 AM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
It seems that as players progress through content and gain more powerful gear, their skill actually decreases and they become more and more reliant on overpowered gear to clear content.
Not really, they just focus less.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

DSpectre
01.09.2013 , 10:00 AM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Not really, they just focus less.
Two good points
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

DawnAskham
01.09.2013 , 10:44 AM | #190
I and many others have successfully run T1 HM Flashpoints with groups wearing less than full Tionese. What the heck kind of gear do you think we all had back when we first hit 50?

Just because the players in your group couldn't handle the mechanics of the instances while playing up to their characters potential does not mean that everyone is just as bad and must overgear content to succeed.

Not saying you personally need to learn to play, but if a group in full Tionese cannot reasonably complete a T1 HM, it isn't the gear that is holding the group back.