Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darkoman
01.08.2013 , 08:09 PM | #561
i love the set now especially the jacket
Member of Pathfinder; a sub-group of the Jedi Order assigned to locate and protect initiate force users
SWTOR-RP Guide

Malderak
01.08.2013 , 08:09 PM | #562
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpooky View Post
Hadn't even thought of that. Terrible, terrible thing, I can't even imagine. Hopefully there are at least some refunded credits in your future.
Either that or less real money spent on subs and Cartel coins I suppose.

Zixzix
01.08.2013 , 08:17 PM | #563
Just chiming in, on the off-chance BW reads this...

...also very disappointed with the changes.

I actually designed an alt's complete look, including hair color around the Spymaster set, and now it looks awful. Please either revert the change, or at least add the old graphic as a new item. It had a really unique wetsuit look before, now it looks like generic leveling gear.

Caeduz
01.08.2013 , 08:17 PM | #564
While I kind of understand the need of Bioware to "correct" the look to match what was advertise., I still hate the new Phantom look., and IMO I think that a large number of us didn't bought the item based on the advert but base on the preview pane appearance.

Asuka
01.08.2013 , 08:20 PM | #565
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
The post actually didn't state WHAT they were going to fix either. Just that the gear should look like the promo, and that they would fix it. But they didn't state whether they were going to fix the gear OR the promo!

The promo should've been fixed..
Considering the promo was the intended version, that's what they delivered on. It's false advertising to those who bought the packs before BW acknowledged they were incorrect if BW didn't fix it so they did.

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 08:24 PM | #566
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Considering the promo was the intended version, that's what they delivered on. It's false advertising to those who bought the packs before BW acknowledged they were incorrect if BW didn't fix it so they did.
Responsible practice would have been to pull the affected items from sale as soon as a problem was flagged up and unspecified future changes decided upon, until they had been fixed.

Having failed to do that, and so created this mess, BW should make more effort to sort it out to the satisfaction of everyone caught up in it.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

Tale
01.08.2013 , 08:27 PM | #567
The old phantom looked unique. The new phantom just looks like a rehash of already existing armor. If I wanted to look like a generic Sith Sorcerer why would I have bought phantom armor when Revan's was sooooo much cheaper?

The real sad thing about all this is a quick search of the forums revealed only one measly thread complaining about how the phantom armor didn't look as advertised.. and that thread only had 9 posts, most of which were "NO! DON"T CHANGE IT!".

Malderak
01.08.2013 , 08:28 PM | #568
It's also false advertising to those who used their ingame preview function. Which are a lot more of those that bought it based on the Cartel PAck image.

AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 08:30 PM | #569
Is it also false advertisement that I've bought plenty of packs where NONE of the items advertised were in the pack?
Wouldn't it actually be false advertisement since none of the packs contain ALL the pieces shown on the artistic impression used for advertisement, but on very rare cases only 2 at BEST? Two PARTS of COMPLETE outfits, that is.
Oh, and how about that WHITE dancer top advertised on the newest pack? I don't mind a red one, but that's not the point, the advertisement clearly displayed a WHITE top! Of slightly different model too, by the way.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Vhaegrant
01.08.2013 , 08:32 PM | #570
The problem I have with the 'False Advertising' claims is that it is based on gear you 'might' get. There are many items that are available from the packs that don't appear on the pack art. I guess you go to third party sites to see what's in the packs and the chances you might have of getting them.

I think in this matter BW needs to be a bit more transparent. When you buy an equipment pack of armour it expands to show the individual items in the pack and lets you preview each piece and build up the whole set.

If BW listed all the potentially available items in a Cartel Pack this way then all this furore about how an item should look would never have happened. Despite having cover art that suggested a look it would have been easy to scan the items in the pack list and see that no item matched the cover art. At this point the player can chose not to buy the cartel pack.