Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 07:44 PM | #551
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
VERY importent part imo. I can't count all the times I've seen Han Solo wear long coats with huge shoulderpads and cowboy hats with built-in goggles in the movies. Simply because there aren't any.
my....eyes....
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun.” - C.S. Lewis

Vhaegrant
01.08.2013 , 07:47 PM | #552
I've been away to blow up a few Dread Guard (yay, the shackle quest has been fixed and loads of mobs removed from Heroic 4) and gather my thoughts.

Underlying my indignation at the start was the sense of loss of time I'd invested into earning credits to purchase the items on the GTN. I've since come to realise this isn't the real issue I'm angry, after all I've happily spent 850K on pets I never have out.

No, the real reason I am angry at this change....

Finally I had a sexy, sleek, black leather Ninja Spy wannabe and you've taken it away!

Players care deeply about the look of their characters, I would have thought common sense would dictate preference should go to those who had spent resources to purchase the item and BIND it to them for the look. At no time was a player forced to bind the item to them having gained it from the Cartel Pack, they could to chose to sell it on the GTN and then wait for a new version of the gear to become available in a future cartel pack and buy that from the GTN with the coins they made from selling the first... I would imagine they would have made a fair profit. Last time I looked on Red Eclipse Revan Chestpieces were selling for ~75K while Phantom chestguard pre-change ~300k.

In time, a day or two at the most, I'll recoup the credit loss I incurred through this. What I really want is a set of sleek black armour with no addons and preferably not a skirt (Like posters before I elected to use the Spymaster leggings to get the complete Ninja Spy look).

Tattari
01.08.2013 , 07:49 PM | #553
Quote: Originally Posted by Malderak View Post
While making people pay for something and then taking it away is called...what...hmmm... scam? Robbery?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They "made" people buy it? Are you ******** me? Those packs, and EVERYTHING, in the cartel market are OPTIONAL. Nobody MADE them buy anything. And anyone who bought the packs, got the chest piece and expected it to STAY that way are just...yeah no.

Tough luck. Get over it, BW did what they said they were gonna do. Go cry in a corner somewhere else.

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 07:56 PM | #554
Quote: Originally Posted by Tattari View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They "made" people buy it? Are you ******** me? Those packs, and EVERYTHING, in the cartel market are OPTIONAL. Nobody MADE them buy anything. And anyone who bought the packs, got the chest piece and expected it to STAY that way are just...yeah no.

Tough luck. Get over it, BW did what they said they were gonna do. Go cry in a corner somewhere else.
No one has said anyone was MADE to buy anything.

Many people, on the other hand, have said that people who bought something had a reasonable expectation (by reasonable, I mean 'at point of sale') that their purchase would not abruptly be re-modelled into something they would not have chosen to spend money on. A bit like if you bought a TV and a month later the vendor took it back and forced you to have a kettle.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun.” - C.S. Lewis

Malderak
01.08.2013 , 07:58 PM | #555
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nope. I'll cry here, just to annoy you.

Besides, what you said can be said for any scam: nobody forced the scammed person at gunpoint to give in to the scam. That would be robbery. But deception and unethical practice are what makes a scam.

So yeah, thanks for answering the question for me: scam it is.

Mindwreck
01.08.2013 , 07:58 PM | #556
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hi Mr. BW employee or hardcore fan. So your saying we should expect anything we buy to randomly change it's appearance every patch. Sounds like it's getting close to un-sub time.

ViciousFett
01.08.2013 , 07:59 PM | #557
I understand that the devs want the actual items to match the CC market pictures, but that's a bit of a farce when we can look at the individual items in the market (and on the GTN) and SHIFT + Click it to see how it appears on our characters.

That is far more important to us than what a crappy little low rez image on a pack shows...
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Bozik
Thana'vësh - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookìepuss - Rõland
Mbison

CE VIP

Ilysanth
01.08.2013 , 07:59 PM | #558
NOT happy about the trailblazer change at all! My smuggler had that helmet because of the looks. If I wanted goggles, I'd have BOUGHT something with goggles. Now I have to find a replacement AND pay more credits and another augment slot to put on it. They could have ADDED a set instead of changing one that didn't need changed.

RenegadeClone
01.08.2013 , 08:02 PM | #559
Having also spent the extra credits augmenting these pieces with MK-6 slots just pisses me off even more!

DarthSpooky
01.08.2013 , 08:06 PM | #560
Quote: Originally Posted by RenegadeClone View Post
Having also spent the extra credits augmenting these pieces with MK-6 slots just pisses me off even more!
Hadn't even thought of that. Terrible, terrible thing, I can't even imagine. Hopefully there are at least some refunded credits in your future.