Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

danpen's Avatar


danpen
01.08.2013 , 06:33 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you hope it goes well
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

DarthSpooky's Avatar


DarthSpooky
01.08.2013 , 06:33 PM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
Appreciate that. Just know that there are both types of people on this forum, those who want to keep the "old" look and those who like the fix. Please try to take into account that when it comes to the "look", that no one is wrong. Personally, just give everyone the "old" chest piece that BoP and I think all will be fine.
Not sure I agree on making it BoP, hear me out cause it doesn't effect me at all, just trying to see all sides... I think if your current Phantom chest guard isn't bound, the new one shouldn't be either, just to cover the "holding it for a friend" aspect or all the people who bought cartel packs after seeing what these things were going for on the GTN (doubt they'll sell quite as well now), there would still be some loss incurred otherwise. Really, an even exchange of the item in question with some kind of credit voucher for mod extraction costs would be the most comprehensive (if complex) way to go about this. Yes, they'd be injecting a little more creds into the system, but no more than say, the money we got in lieu of recruit gear.

Edit: Or, heck, let us eat the extraction cost, if someone's got their end game mods in, they probably have the credits to get them back out again.
<South of Heaven>
Ebon Hawk

Mindwreck's Avatar


Mindwreck
01.08.2013 , 06:35 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
Appreciate that. Just know that there are both types of people on this forum, those who want to keep the "old" look and those who like the fix. Please try to take into account that when it comes to the "look", that no one is wrong. Personally, just give everyone the "old" chest piece that BoP and I think all will be fine.
It isn't just the chestpiece. Make the whole set back to the original. I sported the Phantom boots and they had a sleek assassin look, now they look like Eskimo boots. I want the whole set returned to original appearance.

winterjane's Avatar


winterjane
01.08.2013 , 06:35 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
But apparently the one's who wanted the fix were more numerous than those who didn't.
Nope, just louder and preferring to spend time on the forums rather than I game, I fear. You cannot take silence for assent. Especially where unannounced changes (Spymaster, Trailblazer) are concerend.

You do see that it doesn't really work to say "well, some people wanted Revan's Robes changed, so we will assume from this that the majority want changes to the Spymaster set which was barely mentioned if at all in this thread"? Which appears to be what is being asserted in defence of the changes.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

bjbm's Avatar


bjbm
01.08.2013 , 06:36 PM | #495
Like someone suggested earlier, just have a temporary vendor somewhere that will exchange it for the old piece. Better yet, have all the mods and augs transfer over as well so I don't waste 100k because someone at BW thought it was a good idea to screw the paying customer.

OldRepJedi's Avatar


OldRepJedi
01.08.2013 , 06:36 PM | #496
You know what is funny here? There is more outrage over a couple of pieces of gear being fixed like they said they would than over the bugs that still exist from beta. I don't whether to laugh or cry about that.
Dendarii Mercenary Fleet
Seronia-Level 55 Juggernaut Xanshilia-Level 55 Bounty Hunter
Nyrise-Level 55 Sniper Reviasi-Level 55 Assassin
Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
01.08.2013 , 06:36 PM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.
This is great to hear. Thank you very much for taking our comments into consideration.

For the record, I honestly think it's a testament to the artists who created these models that each version is quite strongly liked by many people. More items like these, please. Thanks!

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
01.08.2013 , 06:37 PM | #498
So i just checked out the changed to the gear talk about bad ! you cannot change anything you alredy sold
as a certain look for real life money.

Pscyon's Avatar


Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 06:38 PM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
It isn't just the chestpiece. Make the whole set back to the original. I sported the Phantom boots and they had a sleek assassin look, now they look like Eskimo boots. I want the whole set returned to original appearance.
The backwards-syringe gloves aren't awesome either.
Sith Sorcerer

winterjane's Avatar


winterjane
01.08.2013 , 06:38 PM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
This is great to hear. Thank you very much for taking our comments into consideration.

For the record, I honestly think it's a testament to the artists who created these models that each version is quite strongly liked by many people. More items like these, please. Thanks!
Absolutely, let's have both available! Anything that isn't yet another minor variant on the 'Slave Girl' look!
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis