Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mindwreck
01.08.2013 , 06:19 PM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
No. But there really is no way for BW to determine which CC's bought which pack that produced the gear. And let's be honest, it's only the chest piece, and b/c there is such an outcry over it I can see them releasing a BoP chest piece so that those that want the mistaken look can get it. Personally, the mistaken look is rather boring. I happen to like the new look. But I am of the mind that there are enough people who like the pre-fix look, so they should just release the BoP chest so that those that are screaming scam can shut up about it. Mistakes happen. Everywhere. I'm not saying that BW on the correct side of the mistake bar (they're not), but they went with what they heard the most, and that was fix it. I saw no where on the forums any topic for people who didn't want them to fix it.
If BW is scanning the forums for ideas and fixes to situations then that is why we have such a huge problem on this one. The reason you saw nothing from people who didn't want the armor changed is because these are the people who actually play the game, not try to become forum heros. I hardly ever come to these forums, but with this armor change, you will see me post repeatedly until they give us our old look back. There is no reasoning, no argument, or anything otherwise for them to completely scrap the old look.

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 06:19 PM | #472
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
I saw no where on the forums any topic for people who didn't want them to fix it.
Have you considered at all that this is likely because most people just don't spend their time starting threads on the subject "Hey, I bought such-and-such and am totally happy with it" ? They buy the stuff they want and get on with playing the game.

I'm not saying those who wanted changes should have been ignored. Absolutely not. Valid points on both sides. But it is false to assume that a lack of "hey, I bought this, and it looks just like I wanted, excellent'! threads can be translated as 'most people were unhappy with the status quo so we should change it'.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

darklordpotter
01.08.2013 , 06:20 PM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
This SWTOR website is the official source of information for updates, known issues, patch notes, you choosing to not make yourself aware of such issues is your fault. Ignorance doesn't fly as an excuse when the information is there for everyone to read if they choose to do so.
But when the information they provide is hard to find, misleading or just plain wrong is that also the fault of the consumers or maybe, just maybe EA should actually have to shoulder some responsibility for the repeated screw ups.

Also kudos to Winterjane for the highly appropriate Hitchhiker's quote.

JovethGonzalez
01.08.2013 , 06:21 PM | #474 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.

DarthSpooky
01.08.2013 , 06:22 PM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you.
<South of Heaven>
Ebon Hawk

TheSkate
01.08.2013 , 06:23 PM | #476
I just want to thank you Joveth for actually reading and replying to our concerns. From both sides. I would also like to thank you for your work in verifying your information so that we know what is REALLY going on.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 06:23 PM | #477
Thank you. I especially like how you said "all of your comments". Hopefully that will result in us regaining access to the previous non-crappy version of these armour sets
Sith Sorcerer

TheSkate
01.08.2013 , 06:24 PM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Thank you. I especially like how you said "all of your comments". Hopefully that will result in us getting access to the previous non-crappy version of these armour sets
My exact thoughts too
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Malderak
01.08.2013 , 06:25 PM | #479
Thank you.

Now pass this along too: I spent about 90 Euro on Cartel MArket stuff so far, but until we are given the old looks back in some FREE way, I'm not going to spend one more cent.

Until you (Bioware) fix this garguantuan mistake, you hvae zero credibility in my eyes, as I'm sure in the eyes of tons more people who don't want to spend money on stuff that might be changed later.

OldRepJedi
01.08.2013 , 06:25 PM | #480
Appreciate that. Just know that there are both types of people on this forum, those who want to keep the "old" look and those who like the fix. Please try to take into account that when it comes to the "look", that no one is wrong. Personally, just give everyone the "old" chest piece that BoP and I think all will be fine.
Dendarii Mercenary Fleet
Seronia-Level 55 Juggernaut Xanshilia-Level 55 Bounty Hunter
Nyrise-Level 55 Sniper Reviasi-Level 55 Assassin
Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies