Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double bladed Lightsaber hilts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Double bladed Lightsaber hilts

Talon_Starfire
01.06.2013 , 05:49 PM | #1
Hey,
What kind of double bladed Lightsabre hilts can I create at L10 if I go Artifice?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

QuiDonJorn
01.06.2013 , 06:09 PM | #2
None.

At level 20, with Artifice at 100, you can make "custom-built" single-bladed / double-bladed lightsabers.
But thats it until level 48.

Holinyx
01.06.2013 , 10:11 PM | #3
why are you straight up lying to the guy? you can make lightsaber hilts starting at lvl 11 i believe.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Nythain
01.06.2013 , 11:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
why are you straight up lying to the guy? you can make lightsaber hilts starting at lvl 11 i believe.
They weren't really lying, they were assuming that aside from the generic hilt modification, the OP was inquiring about what styles of double bladed sabers (which in this game really boils down to the design of the hilt, the various custom sabers have different hilt models, some awesome some ugly some bland some super spikey evil looking, etc). And the answer to that question was fairly accurate.

If OP is talking specifically about Hilt modifications then I will clarify some things. First off, hilt modifications made with Artifice are good in any saber, and not saber style specific. Second off, you can easily know what types of hilts will be available to craft at level 10 by taking the skill, going to your trainer, and learning what you can. But to answer the question if applied to hilt modifications, Might (high str low end) and Resolve (high will low end). You don't really get into the more specific hilt mods until later levels when the different roles become more apparent.

Another clarification to the OP, nothing you craft will rely on your level to craft. The stuff you craft will have level restrictions to use, but a Level 10 character can get a crafting profession up to 400 without ever leaving fleet and be able to make anything their profession can. So stating "At level 10" is sort of moot aside from getting across that you presumably also mean "With artifice 1"

For further information visit http://www.torhead.com/schematics/ca...rofessionlevel

QuiDonJorn
01.06.2013 , 11:52 PM | #5
Quote:
why are you straight up lying to the guy?
Why are you a straight-up d***?

Quote:
They weren't really lying, they were assuming that aside from the generic hilt modification, the OP was inquiring about what styles of double bladed sabers (which in this game really boils down to the design of the hilt, the various custom sabers have different hilt models, some awesome some ugly some bland some super spikey evil looking, etc). And the answer to that question was fairly accurate.
Thankyou.
My deepest apologies for not asking to distinguish between "hilt" upgrades and full lightsabers.
Which is what I believed he was talking about.

Quote:
nothing you craft will rely on your level to craft.
Yeah youre right, I was thinking about the level to be able to wield them.

Sinapus
01.07.2013 , 01:13 AM | #6
If your arifice skill is high enough, you can make the custom double-bladed lightsaber, but you can't equip them until about lvl 20, and only if you have the weapon proficiency for it.

I've made items that were too high level for my character and they were crafted just fine, I just couldn't equip them.

Edit: Now, if only I could stop getting new schematics for that weapon...
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

Talon_Starfire
01.07.2013 , 10:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
Can you make an upgrade of hilt and use it even if its only a generic double bladed hilt?
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Nythain
01.07.2013 , 01:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Can you make an upgrade of hilt and use it even if its only a generic double bladed hilt?
As long as said double bladed saber is customizable then yes. Like I said before, the hilt modifications that artifice make are used in any saber style. They won't change the appearance of the saber at all, they're just there to upgrade the damage and add stats to customizable sabers. You will know if your saber is moddable because it will have "slots" listed, with various mods in them or say Open.
Saber slots include:
Crystal - Changes color and add a stat
Hilt - Changes damage and adds primary stats
Modification - Adds primary and secondary stats
Enhancement - Adds secondary stats

Master-Nala
01.07.2013 , 01:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
OP, I think the confusion is that you are using the term "hilt" in its normal meaning, when for crew skill purposes it means something else.

Hilts made by artificers can be slotted into ANY lightsaber type: single or double-bladed. However, the lightsaber in question must be able to be modified. You will know if a lightsaber (or any item) can be modified because when you look at its stats it will look something like this:

Color Crystal
+3 Crit
Hilt <----- This is the piece that Artificers make
+4 Willpower
+4 Endurance
Mod
+5 Willpower
+3 Endurance
Enhancement*
+2 Endurance
+7 Critical

It will also NORMALLY be orange or purple colored, but companions often have green lightsabers that are fully customizable.

For double bladed lightsabers, those are used by Shadows/Assassins and the needed stats are Willpower and Endurance. The hits that those users need are called Resolve Hilt (X) or Force Wielder (X). You can start making hilts as others have said in the tweens.

* - Artificers also make enhancers but you didn't ask about those.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan, Ztephanie

Talon_Starfire
01.08.2013 , 06:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
OP, I think the confusion is that you are using the term "hilt" in its normal meaning, when for crew skill purposes it means something else.

Hilts made by artificers can be slotted into ANY lightsaber type: single or double-bladed. However, the lightsaber in question must be able to be modified. You will know if a lightsaber (or any item) can be modified because when you look at its stats it will look something like this:

Color Crystal
+3 Crit
Hilt <----- This is the piece that Artificers make
+4 Willpower
+4 Endurance
Mod
+5 Willpower
+3 Endurance
Enhancement*
+2 Endurance
+7 Critical

It will also NORMALLY be orange or purple colored, but companions often have green lightsabers that are fully customizable.

For double bladed lightsabers, those are used by Shadows/Assassins and the needed stats are Willpower and Endurance. The hits that those users need are called Resolve Hilt (X) or Force Wielder (X). You can start making hilts as others have said in the tweens.

* - Artificers also make enhancers but you didn't ask about those.
What colour Lightsaber crystal can I make first I have the yellow founder one but I'm still quite new to swtor?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.