Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Midget_Yoda
01.08.2013 , 05:19 PM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
I know I saw it, but I guess it's understandable that he didn't know this at first since his job is to moderate forums (or something related to forums), and not fix bugs and probably not write patch notes either.

Sorry but no, it's not his job to moderate the forum, it's his job to keep the hordes happy, engaged and informed, and that involves checking his facts before making any statement(s). Bottom line, he should _not_ have said it was an unintended change unless the devs told him it was unintended. He also said the change would be reversed; will that happen or did he pull that "fact" out of the same orifice?

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 05:20 PM | #412
Bioware's handling of this is one of incompetence, not cruelty. Most developers actually want to make something that makes themselves and their customers happy. Shocking I know.

They first either used the wrong pictures on the cartel pack ads or added the wrong sets into the packs. They then attempted to fix it by dropping the "new" models on top of the "old" items since that's easier than replacing everyone's items; imagine the mess with installed mods/augments, GTN, banked items, unopened packs...

Bunch of messups, but none of it seems to be intended to "cheat" us.
Sith Sorcerer

Majspuffen
01.08.2013 , 05:21 PM | #413
Quote: Originally Posted by Saitada View Post
Here is the thing that really chaps my hide. Bioware finally produces a cpl decent piece of armor that look good. That don't have all these ridiculous blobs, bumps, diapers, wings and appendages on them. People LIKE them and then they turn around and change it to the hideous armor they are so well know for and have had constant complaints about since before launch.

Doesn't BW get the fact that the vast majority of their armor designs are flat out fugly? I've seen dogs backsides that looked better than most of the armor in this game. Whoever is designing this stuff needs to stop and go back to simpler and cleaner is better. because that is the look I go for, and that most of the people I know go for.

Yes you are always going to have people who don't have the slightest aesthetic sense of taste when it comes to what they like, but seriously. Does that include your entire art department? if so. FIRE THEM.
Sadly Eaware looks to World of Warcraft for inspiration.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

Estelindis
01.08.2013 , 05:22 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
I like the new appearances, but I also liked them as they were before and the original version of the spymaster chest was perfect for my assassin. I finally nailed her look just right. Now the new top, while fine on its own merits, doesn't suit her at all.

Is there no way Bioware could have both sets of appearances in the game, in different versions of the item?

TheSkate
01.08.2013 , 05:22 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
There are so many hooded robes in the game, we don't need more. The Phantom Chestguard was a beautiful addition to the game as it was even if it was unintended. Purely by accident, you created something that so many of us wanted - a sleek, black chestpiece without unnecessary adornment, perfect for colour-matching with any other item.

Give us the Accidental Perfection back, I beg you. I only bought it off the GTN because of the way it looked in game.
I agree with this statement so much that it is getting a double exposure.

Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
The Phantom Chestguard was a beautiful addition to the game as it was even if it was unintended. Purely by accident, you created something that so many of us wanted - a sleek, black chestpiece without unnecessary adornment, perfect for colour-matching with any other item.
Give us the Accidental Perfection back, I beg you.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

bjbm
01.08.2013 , 05:22 PM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Bioware's handling of this is one of incompetence, not cruelty. Most developers actually want to make something that makes themselves and their customers happy. Shocking I know.

They first either used the wrong pictures on the cartel pack ads or added the wrong sets into the packs. They then attempted to fix it by dropping the "new" models on top of the "old" items since that's easier than replacing everyone's items; imagine the mess with installed mods/augments, GTN, banked items, unopened packs...

Bunch of messups, but none of it seems to be intended to "cheat" us.
BW is by far the most incompetent company by far. It saddens me to mention incompetence and BW in the same sentence, as I love their old games so much. I guess EA's incompetence is contagious. Just look at EA on the stockmarket.

JovethGonzalez
01.08.2013 , 05:24 PM | #417 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
He was wrong.
This is correct. That post has been updated.

bjbm
01.08.2013 , 05:25 PM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
This is correct. That post has been updated.
Thank you for instilling confidence and trust in BW again. /s

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 05:25 PM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by bjbm View Post
BW is by far the most incompetent company by far. It saddens me to mention incompetence and BW in the same sentence, as I love their old games so much. I guess EA's incompetence is contagious. Just look at EA on the stockmarket.
Eh. I'm actually generally quite happy with TOR. I do think they need to hire a new art department though, as well as letting us get our hands on some of the good stuff that allready does exist. But yes, without being Mr. Dictionary since I'm sure someone will nitpick, I do feel they handled this whole thing incompetently.
Sith Sorcerer

bjbm
01.08.2013 , 05:27 PM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Eh. I'm actually generally quite happy with TOR. I do think they need to hire a new art department though, as well as letting us get our hands on some of the good stuff that allready does exist. But yes, without being Mr. Dictionary since I'm sure someone will nitpick, I do feel they handled this whole thing incompetently.
Seems like all they do nowadays is damage control. Damage control. And more damage control. I think they need to hire a new community outreach department too.