Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OGsam
01.08.2013 , 05:03 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Don't worry, it WAS intentional and they won't undo the changes, you are safe.
Phew, I was about to cry a little on the inside!
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

bjbm
01.08.2013 , 05:03 PM | #392
fraud

plain and simple

BobaScott
01.08.2013 , 05:04 PM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
I just spent real money so I could BUY the gear since I prefer it post change, what is to be done about this?
Since the changes were MENTIONED IN PATCH NOTES I can't see how they were "unintentional."
After reading the patch notes I forked out cash to get the items BECAUSE they had been changed.
Are people in my situation to be taking into consideration?
You stopped reading the thread too soon. Keep going, SPOILERyoursidewinsSPOILER.

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 05:04 PM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by AmyBA View Post
Except Bioware themselves know that a very small minority of their player base check their forums. This is true for any game.
This is probably true, but a company has to have one central outlet for communications especially when it has so many customers. In my opinion it is important for all of us who plan on investing a significant amount of time and money in this game or anything else take a little time to familiarize themselves with its status.

I hope that BW comes up with a way to make this right for the people who feel wronged, but fixing bugs, errors and mistakes has to continue.

Midget_Yoda
01.08.2013 , 05:05 PM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
It was never unintentional. Like I said before, these changes are even noted in the patch notes.

And like I said before, Joveth claimed it was unintentional, in this very thread.

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 05:06 PM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by Midget_Yoda View Post
And like I said before, Joveth claimed it was unintentional, in this very thread.
He was wrong.

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 05:06 PM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
If you want to get technical, its called the SpyMASTER set. A spymaster is the person who runs a spying operation, like M, not Mrs. Peel. The Spymaster set now, correctly and appropriately, looks like a variant of the Imperial uniform. By the way, there is an excellent, sleek, close fitting, spy-style outfit in the game since launch. Hardweave Jacket and Hardweave Leggings, avaialble for the Agent and Warrior. I know it won't make you feel any better about the situation, but since you are obviously interested in this style of armor I thought I would let you know about it.
The hardweave is not white, not adaptive to my Smuggy, and it also has a big fat chest smashing piece of crap over it. I paid real life money for the lack of that crap on my armor. If they are going to remove this item, just refund me my money.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

bjbm
01.08.2013 , 05:06 PM | #398
fraud [frawd]
noun
deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.
any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.
a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 05:08 PM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by Midget_Yoda View Post
I know I saw it, but I guess it's understandable that he didn't know this at first since his job is to moderate forums (or something related to forums), and not fix bugs and probably not write patch notes either.

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 05:09 PM | #400
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
The hardweave is not white, not adaptive to my Smuggy, and it also has a big fat chest smashing piece of crap over it.
Understood, like I said I just wanted to point it out as an option because it is uncommon and so I thought you might not be aware of it. It doesn't have anything big and nasty on it though, so you may be thinking of something else. It has what looks like some nylon webbing, which is very military/spy in appearance.