Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I have no problems with PUGs. Do people just like to exaggerate about them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I have no problems with PUGs. Do people just like to exaggerate about them?

DataBeaver
01.08.2013 , 01:21 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
The Queueing as rolls you cant not fill is my hands down biggest rager. I am a SI healer I have 20k HP if your a tank with less and in dps spec you shouldnt be queueing to tank. Nothing I enjoyed more then the 13k Juggy tank with no shield in Heroic Kaon yea that was fun.
And what equipment does your inquisitor have? If my dps smuggler with Columi and 17k-something HP is any indication, you probably have Black Hole gear or so. I wonder if a fresh level 50 tank in Tionese gear has that much?

The example you gave clearly has no business queuing as a tank, but HM FPs are designed for Tionese gear, so if a tank in (sensible) Tionese gear shows up and knows how to play his role, you should have no complaints.

urborror
01.08.2013 , 10:24 AM | #42
I ignore most endgame stuff, so I run into newbs a lot on leveling heroics.

I'd say 30% of the time you might group with total incompetents, sometimes compounded by a bad group makeup (like no tank or no healer.) Sorcerors who don't know they have a CC, healers who don't heal, people totally unaware of the concept of focus firing, people breaking CC...

The only thing sad about this is like a three minute video could totally explain group combat dynamics, they're so simple. Even if the person was playing an RTS from overhead, they would comprehend "everybody shoot at one guy so he dies fast = good."

But to me a bad group can be its own adventure, when you overcome the incompetence. It's definitely easier to weather an incompetent group if you're a healer, though.

Cubert
01.08.2013 , 04:46 PM | #43
It really varies. I do the daily/weekly hm's on 3 50's. Now there are some weeks where every day my pug goes smooth, no issues and about as fast as a group of people I actually know and play with. But then there are other days/weeks where it seems like I'm stuck with people who can't seem to form a coherent thought. The sort of people who can't even understand basic directions. So....yeah, it really fluxuates.