Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rafaman
01.08.2013 , 03:51 PM | #301
[Popcorn]

I like both the old and the new.

[/Popcorn]

orpheus
01.08.2013 , 03:52 PM | #302
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
I love the new Trailblazer look - the jacket style is one of my favourites in-game - please don't shoot me
i agree and will be gutted if they revert this look - i changed to trailblazer after the phantom set got changed. It didnt look right on my Scoundrel

Rassuro
01.08.2013 , 03:52 PM | #303
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
[*]The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
When I got my Spymaster gear, I got it based on what I actually saw in the game, the gear preview screen WAS the advertised appearance I went by. I especially liked the upper body, because it was unique and unlike anything else in the game.

Look, I get that you wanted to change it because some people got it based on what they saw in the icon, but when you are the one who screws up, if anyone it's you who are the ones who should suffer for it when you go and try to make it right, not the players.

Not cool BioWare, not cool...
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

SNCommand
01.08.2013 , 03:53 PM | #304
I'm a person for those small details in things, and to add some extra parts to what before looked like a very flat multi colored shirt is in my opinion appreciated
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 03:55 PM | #305
So very not cool. But very much the standard of service we have come to expect, sadly.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun.Ē - C.S. Lewis

Kayeri
01.08.2013 , 03:57 PM | #306
All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:
  • The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revanís armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancerís outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.
We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.
Joveth, I loved both sets as they were before this fix. Is there any chance we can get some other armor sets based on those models in (very) near future? Losing the look I loved on both my Assassin and my Operative makes this a very sad day.

Saitada
01.08.2013 , 03:59 PM | #307
Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
Maybe I am wrong here, but none of the Pet Droids shown in the art for Skip Tracer Packs are actually available from the Skip Tracer Packs. They were all introduced in the Blockade Runner Packs, right? Does this mean all of the ugly Womp Weasel will be redrawn in the next patch?

RE the Armor changes: I empathize with those who spent credits or cartel coins to get the look they wanted; however, in BW's defense this has been on the Known Issues List. Still, it seems like there has to be a good solution for all.
Bioware isn't interested in a good solution for all, they are only interested in alienating the maximum number of people they can with each change they make. So many aspects of this game are DESIGNED to be petty annoyances from the very start. I swear it looks like more and more that EA/BW are deliberately trying to kill the SW IP with their constant screw ups, mistakes and high handed actions.

They could make everyone happy by allowing an option to change. Instead, they choose to piss off as many or more people than they made happy. Further alienating their customers and subscribers. I have several characters that simply no longer look like I designed them to look after this 'fix'. I am going to have to take this into consideration when It comes time to renew my sub.

By itself, it isn't a major deal, I can always go seeking out another piece or two to fix the look as best I can. But taken with all the other tiny paper-cuts this game has (though I admit they have fixed SOME of them and I'll be the first to give them props for doing so), it starts to become egregious. When I find another look I like, and spend real money to get, what's to say BW won't come along in a month or two and change it? messing up my new look? Nothing, Not a ******* thing. So yeah, it now becomes an issue where I spent my hard earned money for a specific look, that no longer exists. I'm now unhappier by a factor of more than $100.00 (not counting sub).

When real money starts squeaking at me... it makes me listen real hard.

Galbatorrix
01.08.2013 , 04:00 PM | #308
I LOVE the changes, BUT, they need to get rid of the rear but cape as it clips through the robe.

Prettyevilish
01.08.2013 , 04:01 PM | #309
All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:
  • The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revanís armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancerís outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.
We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.
Okay, then refund the remaining time on my six month sub as well as the money I spent on cartel coins to get these items. If you don't I'm submitting a BBB complaint for bait and switch.

Also, the stylish dancer outfit is yellow/white. It's the new reveler outfit that's red and showing incorrectly in the advertisement. Good job not even knowing what's going on.

facesofderek
01.08.2013 , 04:01 PM | #310
But it's still okay to be misleading in the description text of the Cartel Packs? Right?

Sorry but continuing to say that each different pack includes Rare Bonus Items found no where else in each one is still misleading since I've never failed to get less than 2 Covert Torso energy armor each time I buy more than 4 packs. Guess they are found elsewhere, not just in that specific pack.