Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Biochem] Best way to make $$ as Biochem? What sells ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Biochem] Best way to make $$ as Biochem? What sells ?

SPrime
01.08.2013 , 01:25 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
See now there's the problem with Biochem. You have to find your own paste because it sells raw for more than it sells when made into a stim.

There really isn't good money to be made with Biochem any more. You'll make more selling the raw materials than you will the finished goods.
I have tried both sides of this. As in I have done selling paste and selling stims. Here is my experience. Paste will fetch you 8k per paste. Stims will fetch you 15-19k. If you find your own paste, I do not see the reason why not to craft into stim.

From what I find. Unless you have a mission discovery. It takes about 4 missions to find 3 paste. My sample size will be crafting 3 times. So you will need 12 paste as it is 4 per craft. 12@8k is 96k. Where is you convert to stim it becomes 9 stims in worst case (chance to crit) 9@15k is 135k.

40k difference. So even if you do buy it @ 8k you still make 40k.

I do not see how selling paste will every make more money than stims.

P.s. lately stims have been selling for 18k on my server. Also crits are free money. Where you have to crit to get paste. But hey if I can't keep up with demand I will buy paste.

Same goes for 27 armorings if you crit that's like a free million credits.

DarthTHC
01.08.2013 , 03:01 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SPrime View Post
I have tried both sides of this. As in I have done selling paste and selling stims. Here is my experience. Paste will fetch you 8k per paste. Stims will fetch you 15-19k. If you find your own paste, I do not see the reason why not to craft into stim.

From what I find. Unless you have a mission discovery. It takes about 4 missions to find 3 paste. My sample size will be crafting 3 times. So you will need 12 paste as it is 4 per craft. 12@8k is 96k. Where is you convert to stim it becomes 9 stims in worst case (chance to crit) 9@15k is 135k.

40k difference. So even if you do buy it @ 8k you still make 40k.

I do not see how selling paste will every make more money than stims.

P.s. lately stims have been selling for 18k on my server. Also crits are free money. Where you have to crit to get paste. But hey if I can't keep up with demand I will buy paste.

Same goes for 27 armorings if you crit that's like a free million credits.

Remember the Bioanalysis materials - gather or buy - in your profit figuring.

Then factor in the time to make and post and repost and repost and repost stims... because EVERYONE is making them and you're undercut within 30 minutes... Very not worth it. Very.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

SPrime
01.08.2013 , 03:33 PM | #33
The other mats are cheap. And as I stated when you find your own mats you can afford to be the under cutter. 95% of the time I find my own paste. But if you set on selling paste. I am not going to stop you. Crits for me is free money. Where crits for you just = paste.

My stuff does not expire on the market. They sell like hot cakes. Same with all my crafters. You find your own mats. Your finished product will sell.

You are selling 2 peaches for 1 dollar where I sell 1 canned peach for 1.50.

DarthTHC
01.08.2013 , 03:43 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SPrime View Post
The other mats are cheap. And as I stated when you find your own mats you can afford to be the under cutter. 95% of the time I find my own paste. But if you set on selling paste. I am not going to stop you. Crits for me is free money. Where crits for you just = paste.

My stuff does not expire on the market. They sell like hot cakes. Same with all my crafters. You find your own mats. Your finished product will sell.

You are selling 2 peaches for 1 dollar where I sell 1 canned peach for 1.50.
I spend less than 40% of the time selling my 2 peaches than you do canning and selling your peach. Plus my peaches are fresh and ripe and firm and yours are soggy and canned and flavorless. I win.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Khevar
01.08.2013 , 03:50 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I spend less than 40% of the time selling my 2 peaches than you do canning and selling your peach. Plus my peaches are fresh and ripe and firm and yours are soggy and canned and flavorless. I win.
LOL

I have to admit, "firm peaches" sent my mind in a different direction ...

SPrime
01.08.2013 , 04:33 PM | #36
Like I said I am not stopping you from selling mats. I am answering the question from the OP. Find your own mats craft them to stims and sell them. Undercut if you have to cause you can.

johnnyreece
01.10.2013 , 12:46 PM | #37
I've been selling the exotech stims for at least 18k for a while, and recently we had a bump where the cheapest were being sold at 25k. Only lasted a day or so, but that was a nice bonus!

Sometimes if the stims are selling for more, I'll buy the paste (if it's cheap enough). If it's still hovering around the $18k mark, thought, I don't bother buying, and just send crew members out.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder