Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

CassusVerda's Avatar


CassusVerda
01.08.2013 , 02:46 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Agreed. I don't like Death Watch, but they're the closest things to true Mandos in TCW. Satine must die!!
Which is sad because Death Watch is supposed to be the guys other Mandalorians hate.....yet now I'm finding myself rooting for them....DAMN YOU DAVE FILONI FOR MAKING ME ROOT FOR MY ENEMY!!!!
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.08.2013 , 02:46 PM | #82
I was strictly speaking of them fighting H2H Cass not of everything else.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

HurricaneHarte's Avatar


HurricaneHarte
01.17.2013 , 01:51 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Mandalorians aren't jedi killers. Theres only a few that actually hold that title as being such, and even moreso that have actual evidence of killing jedi some just have the title just because, even moreso its actually even harder to pin down who is a jedi killer or not because even some of the evidence is complete ********.
Which is why they are called 'Jedi-Killers'.. Also its a known fact Boba and other mandalorians killed Jedi that were in groups.. Many Mandos have killed Jedi, also Boba even duelled with Vader himself and it was closely fought. Infact Boba could of had a finishing shot on him but opted not to take it and leave.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.17.2013 , 02:14 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by HurricaneHarte View Post
Which is why they are called 'Jedi-Killers'.. Also its a known fact Boba and other mandalorians killed Jedi that were in groups.. Many Mandos have killed Jedi, also Boba even duelled with Vader himself and it was closely fought. Infact Boba could of had a finishing shot on him but opted not to take it and leave.
Oh yes, lets bring up that so called 'fight' between Vader and Boba and say its a feat for the bounty hunter. When in reality, Boba wasn't really even fighting Vader at all, he was trying to get away from him for the most part.and Boba only lasted so long due to a plot device thats it. Also Boba could have killed Vader? HA thats a laugh.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.17.2013 , 02:47 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Oh yes, lets bring up that so called 'fight' between Vader and Boba and say its a feat for the bounty hunter. When in reality, Boba wasn't really even fighting Vader at all, he was trying to get away from him for the most part.and Boba only lasted so long due to a plot device thats it. Also Boba could have killed Vader? HA thats a laugh.
Wolf makes a good point, I don't know the ins and outs of the fight but Boba > Vader flies in the face of everything about the Force. Everything.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.17.2013 , 03:14 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Wolf makes a good point, I don't know the ins and outs of the fight but Boba > Vader flies in the face of everything about the Force. Everything.
Here is the complete fight.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...4-eote__0_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...5-eote__1_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...6-eote__2_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...7-eote__3_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...8-eote__4_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...9-eote__5_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...0-eote__6_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...1-eote__7_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...2-eote__8_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...3-eote__9_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...-eote__10_.jpg
=======

Out of all of this heres what happens.

1. Boba runs away to a speeder which Vader destroys.

2. Boba then unloads on Vader, which doesn't do a thing.

3. Vader had Boba on the ground TWICE, and disarmed him the 2nd time.

4. Boba got in one cheap headshot, which just knocked Vader back.
===

Ignoring for a moment why Vader, couldn't react to the blaster shot. That is the only notable thing that Boba did, and it was a cheap shot...more to that point at the end where it states Boba could have killed him...well that is just a flat out lie considering Vader has taken blaster shots and a number of other things and has lasted against far worse then a bounty hunter.

More to that point, if its insisting that Vader would fall into the lava...again that doesn't make any sense. Because Vader could have just sense the attack, redirected it back at Boba or even if Vader somehow did fall its not like he wouldn't be able to save himself.

More again to that point, if what it takes for Boba to beat Vader via a cheapshot(not that it would work anyway) then that speaks volumes of how terribly outclassed he is against Vader.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.17.2013 , 03:33 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Here is the complete fight.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...4-eote__0_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...5-eote__1_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...6-eote__2_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...7-eote__3_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...8-eote__4_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...9-eote__5_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...0-eote__6_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...1-eote__7_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...2-eote__8_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...3-eote__9_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...-eote__10_.jpg
=======

Out of all of this heres what happens.

1. Boba runs away to a speeder which Vader destroys.

2. Boba then unloads on Vader, which doesn't do a thing.

3. Vader had Boba on the ground TWICE, and disarmed him the 2nd time.

4. Boba got in one cheap headshot, which just knocked Vader back.
===

Ignoring for a moment why Vader, couldn't react to the blaster shot. That is the only notable thing that Boba did, and it was a cheap shot...more to that point at the end where it states Boba could have killed him...well that is just a flat out lie considering Vader has taken blaster shots and a number of other things and has lasted against far worse then a bounty hunter.

More to that point, if its insisting that Vader would fall into the lava...again that doesn't make any sense. Because Vader could have just sense the attack, redirected it back at Boba or even if Vader somehow did fall its not like he wouldn't be able to save himself.

More again to that point, if what it takes for Boba to beat Vader via a cheapshot(not that it would work anyway) then that speaks volumes of how terribly outclassed he is against Vader.
Oh lol, I was expecting a massive fight where Boba gets a lightsaber and strikes Vader down - guess I was wrong. Boba got owned. Even if he had unloaded on Vader, by the time his blaster bolts cut through that suit/Force shield Vader would have killed him. Period.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.17.2013 , 03:38 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh lol, I was expecting a massive fight where Boba gets a lightsaber and strikes Vader down - guess I was wrong. Boba got owned. Even if he had unloaded on Vader, by the time his blaster bolts cut through that suit/Force shield Vader would have killed him. Period.
Oh to that fight, ya that fight is non-canon(where Boba uses a saber) and infact is more pathetic for Boba.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TheHunterC's Avatar


TheHunterC
01.17.2013 , 09:56 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Depends of a lot of variables, how experienced are they?, how tired are they?, does Mandalorian have some edge? ie surprise, what level of fitness are they?

If an experienced, well rested Mandalorian at peak of physical fitness gets the edge on a Jedi then he/she might beat him/her. Likewise an inexperienced Jedi would probably be in trouble against Mandalrians.

Also type of Jedi would come into play, Knights are combat experts, but lack force lift/push, while a Consular could push Mandalorian away then lift them and escape.

Also I noted that you opened two copies of exact same thread minutes apart, why?
This. I know that some Mandalorians trained to be Jedi Hunters, but a Jedi Master would give a Jedi hunter/mandalorian a tough time.
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner

Darth_Precursor's Avatar


Darth_Precursor
01.17.2013 , 10:43 PM | #90
Due to the Force and it's telekinetic abilities, wouldn't a Jedi win every time? I mean, at least as a Jedi Knight or Master, because they could simply disarm the mando, pull him over, and proceed to mutilate him.
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion