Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Character Slots

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BadOrb's Avatar


BadOrb
01.08.2013 , 02:06 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by kamed View Post
My buddy with over 12 characters just logged on and told me they unlocked her other 4 characters for free. So now she has 16 total. If you want to get a new character, you might have to pay for the unlock after that since you are over the 12 character limit already.

As I see it, people who were merged into the servers and did not delete their characters get those characters unlocked for free. So if you deleted them, you're screwed.... =(
Yeah I'm happy I can still use my 16 characters but also it now makes me not want to make a cathar as it would cost way too much. I made a cathar holding character but she looks cool and is a Chiss ( my only Chiss ) so I'm going to keep her as that race. Yeah it still isn't fair on people who deleted their characters or for the people who only have 12 , that want 1 of each advanced class on a single server. Maybe this was the best way they could do it though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Sambril's Avatar


Sambril
01.08.2013 , 02:10 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I had misunderstood what they were saying. When they said they were enforcing the 12 character slots per server, I took it to mean for those people who had extras because of transfers as well. Other people have clarified what's actually going on though.
Well to be fair the original blog on the issue did seem to suggest that anyone over 12 on a server would have to pay to unlock them. I am glad that they changed their minds on this and grand-fathered them in.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor"

kamed's Avatar


kamed
01.08.2013 , 02:13 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckily View Post
But are they really unlocked is the question. If your buddy bought 1 character slot from the market, would he be able to make a new toon? The post a couple above yours seems to be saying it's clear that you can't. If you have 16 characters and wanted to make another character you would have to buy 5 character slots, not 1.

Anyhow, it still doesn't seem crystal clear to me the way it was stated in the patch notes but I guess that's most likely the case.
She didn't buy any. She had 16 originally from pre-mergers and she didn't delete them, so 4 of them were in limbo status or something. When she logged in again she had 16. She never paid a cent for it.

kamed's Avatar


kamed
01.08.2013 , 02:14 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
Yeah I'm happy I can still use my 16 characters but also it now makes me not want to make a cathar as it would cost way too much. I made a cathar holding character but she looks cool and is a Chiss ( my only Chiss ) so I'm going to keep her as that race. Yeah it still isn't fair on people who deleted their characters or for the people who only have 12 , that want 1 of each advanced class on a single server. Maybe this was the best way they could do it though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
I hear you man. But hopefully the unlock can be bought from the GTN. I am not so sure yet since I haven't logged in today yet. But worst come to worst, wait for a month like me and just get it with you free sub coins LOL

Luckily's Avatar


Luckily
01.08.2013 , 02:17 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by kamed View Post
She didn't buy any. She had 16 originally from pre-mergers and she didn't delete them, so 4 of them were in limbo status or something. When she logged in again she had 16. She never paid a cent for it.
No..I understand she never bought them. I have over 12 and they were NEVER in limbo status, I could use all of them whenever I wanted before this patch, as could everybody else. The only thing that happened was at the bottom you'd see 12/16 and now apparently you see 16/16. But, that in of itself doesn't say that you won't have to buy 5 cartel account unlocks in order to make #17.

Hopefully that's as clear as mud.
IGN: Luck
Server: Prophecy of the Five, formerly The Chubbyman
Specialties: Making implants, hanging out barefoot on the fleet

kamed's Avatar


kamed
01.08.2013 , 02:22 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckily View Post
No..I understand she never bought them. I have over 12 and they were NEVER in limbo status, I could use all of them whenever I wanted before this patch, as could everybody else. The only thing that happened was at the bottom you'd see 12/16 and now apparently you see 16/16. But, that in of itself doesn't say that you won't have to buy 5 cartel account unlocks in order to make #17.

Hopefully that's as clear as mud.
Ah that makes sense now. Why not try making a new character on another server and see how many slots you have available since it is on an account wide basis. From what the Bioware employee said you can go over 350 slots on 1 server if you wanted to badly lol.

SickTag's Avatar


SickTag
01.08.2013 , 02:25 PM | #67
i have 14 slots now as a sub

SlimsPicken's Avatar


SlimsPicken
01.08.2013 , 02:25 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I had misunderstood what they were saying. When they said they were enforcing the 12 character slots per server, I took it to mean for those people who had extras because of transfers as well. Other people have clarified what's actually going on though.
Fair enough.

I prefer to overreact and vent here on the forums, so im sure theres something about this patch i can be unhappy about, this just might not be it...

And for the record, I havent been home to log in yet, and did not delete any of my 30 character slots

but im still pissed in general about the direction EA is taking this game, so my forum posts are dedicated to vitriol.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
01.08.2013 , 02:35 PM | #69 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Just wanted to correct something I said earlier. The information I received earlier was incorrect. Players may have their base character slots and up to ten extra character slots. For example, a subscriber with 12 character slots may increase their character slots up to 22. You can still have 350 characters overall. Apologies for the confusion.

kamed's Avatar


kamed
01.08.2013 , 02:42 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Just wanted to correct something I said earlier. The information I received earlier was incorrect. Players may have their base character slots and up to ten extra character slots. For example, a subscriber with 12 character slots may increase their character slots up to 22. You can still have 350 characters overall. Apologies for the confusion.
Aww, it would have been amusing to see if someone could reach over 350 in one server. Thanks for the update though. Keep up the good work =D