Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CarpeSangrea
01.08.2013 , 01:34 PM | #181
If they don't change it back I'm never spending another cent on the cartel market.

Galbatorrix
01.08.2013 , 01:36 PM | #182
If they change it back, I'm never spending another dime on the Cartel Market. I just bought several of the sets thanks to the new looks and will be very mad if they go back to the painted look.

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 01:37 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
I'll agree to the extent that they should not release things that are broken, but there is no excuse for not fixing things that do get released broken.
They obviously have both set of graphics available, and considering the items were things people paid real life cash for, I dont understand why it needs to be changed either way, both are in game ALREADY, give us a choice and let that be the end of it.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari

Saitada
01.08.2013 , 01:37 PM | #184
Yeah, lots of risk inherent in the plan of buying a lot of packs in search of one item.
That is how the Cartel packs are set up and designed to operate though. I bought the Spymaster chest piece off the GTN for it's previous look, and ONLY for it's previous look. It matched up well with the preceptors skirt on my female character and actually looked good. Now... it looks horrid and makes my character look bloated and ugly. It's not what I purchased.

I also purchased over $100.00 worth of Cartel Coins this month alone and spent them on packs, armor (love the sith suit) etc, to acquire specific 'looks' (by mixing/matching armor sets) for my characters. Now one of them looks so ugly I don't even want to play her and another is... barely passable and not what she once looked like.

So yeah. not particularly happy with this change myself. I'd prefer a one time option to switch back to the previous 'look' for my armor. It would be the best way for BW to do it. Making everyone happy.

Ryvenn
01.08.2013 , 01:38 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
If they change it back, I'm never spending another dime on the Cartel Market. I just bought several of the sets thanks to the new looks and will be very mad if they go back to the painted look.
good. never spend again. you're being overly melodramatic and i've no doubt you will... but they are reverting it. but as long as you feel better about yourself by throwing yourself on the floor and pounding your fists declaring "NEVER AGAIN! QQ" hey, feel better!

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php
"There is no greater misery than to remember with bitter regret, a time when you were most happy." - Anakin Skywalker

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 01:38 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
They obviously have both set of graphics available, and considering the items were things people paid real life cash for, I dont understand why it needs to be changed either way, both are in game ALREADY, give us a choice and let that be the end of it.
As long as they don't remove the correct, fixed, working as intended versions we now have.

Galbatorrix
01.08.2013 , 01:40 PM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvenn View Post
good. never spend again. you're being overly melodramatic and i've no doubt you will... but they are reverting it. but as long as you feel better about yourself by throwing yourself on the floor and pounding your fists declaring "NEVER AGAIN! QQ" hey, feel better!

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

LOL!! Are you KIDDING me?!? This entire board is being melodramatic over these fixes! You guys are acting like it's the end of the (gaming) world because your females have less curves now!! Your post is absolutely priceless. Personally, I just love that they actually fixed the sets like they said they would in the beginning.

Also, Joveth posted again in the thread where he said they are reverting them. You might want to go check that post out.

Also...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...50#edit5569050

Again, they knew right away that the outfits were bugged and have always said they'd be fixed.

SNCommand
01.08.2013 , 01:41 PM | #188
Where were you guys when we were discussing how the items looked wrong before the patch?

I just hope this doesn't mean they will remove the fixed gear, can't stand the bodypaint look
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 01:42 PM | #189
As long as they don't remove the correct, fixed, working as intended versions we now have.
Lol, if you want to wear gigantic pwetty pwetty pwincess shoulder pads, be my guest. I just want my catsuit, or my money.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 01:43 PM | #190
To me the "correct" version is the one I saw in the previewer before buying it off of GTN and what's reflected in the item's icon. Both versions of the sets should be obtainable but currently only the new seems to exist since they obviously dumped the new models on top of the old items.
Sith Sorcerer