Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Prettyevilish's Avatar


Prettyevilish
01.08.2013 , 01:08 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
I get the feeling I'm one of the few who likes the updated look. I went ahead and finally bought the preceptor and phantom sets.

We are also seeing a gross overreaction.

We were told weeks ago that the actual items did not match the advertised pictures on the Cartel Market. So we all knew that this was going to happen.

So we really shouldn't be all that upset. You bought it after you were warned it was going to be changed.
Please tell me where this announcement was made weeks ago - and it has to be a place where EVERYONE would see it, similarly to how they announced the speeder piloting blurb was incorrect and did not apply to an entire account. If it was NOT made in such a manner, and was only on the forum or dev tracker, then it is NOT an announcement that the majority of users will see. Less than 10% of any games population is likely to visit a forum EVER, so to only make announcements there, about items that cost real money, would be foolish, at best.

So no, we did not ALL know. Those who troll the forums were more likely to know, but even some of those didn't know as they liked the armor how it looked and did not seek out any threads pertaining to that armor.

AsheraII's Avatar


AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 01:08 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
And where (besides out of thin air) are you pulling that info from?
From the simple fact that they're going to be fixed back in their original state?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...08#post5694308
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Rhysling's Avatar


Rhysling
01.08.2013 , 01:08 PM | #163
This was a bad change. Just horrible.

A real fix would be that they make the pieces I already own unbound so I could sell them. I didn't know it was a bug. I saw it on the GTN, previewed, liked the way it looked and bought it.

Now I am stuck with armor that looks horrible, that I had no way in knowing it was bugged before. Unless I have to now check the forums before I buy every single piece of gear in this game.

So if they want to FIX it, they should make the pieces I have unbound, so I can choose to keep them or sell them.

Prettyevilish's Avatar


Prettyevilish
01.08.2013 , 01:13 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
If you actually bought it in a pack, then you did not know how it looked on females, because it is a random drop. You bough it because you liked how it looked on the ad showing a male character with it. Therefore you knew how it was supposed to look and that the way it looked was wrong. It has now been fixed and you got what you paid for.

it's like buying a toaster and accidentally getting a blender in a toaster box. Then when store asks you to exchange your blender for a toaster THAT YOU PAID FOR, you say oh, sorry I want that blender now...
Um, I didn't look at the advertisement to decide whether or not to buy the pack. I bought the pack, opened it and used the PREVIEW button to try it on when it turned out to be a chestpiece. So yes, I DID know what it would look like on a female character (and a male for that matter as I tried it on Corso too, just to see) before I decided to equip it.

I did not get what I paid for. Had it looked like this when I opened the package, I wouldn't have put it on and bound it to myself, I would have put it on the GTN. But that's not an option now, because I bound the item based on the preview window in game, not based on a tiny splash advertisement that didn't have a name over the top of the item.

Rhysling's Avatar


Rhysling
01.08.2013 , 01:15 PM | #165
It could be simple to fix.

A real fix would be that they make the pieces I already own unbound so I could sell them. I didn't know it was a bug. I saw it on the GTN, previewed, liked the way it looked and bought it.

Now I am stuck with armor that looks horrible, that I had no way in knowing it was bugged before. Unless I have to now check the forums before I buy every single piece of gear in this game.

So if they want to FIX it, they should make the pieces I have unbound, so I can choose to keep them or sell them.

CarpeSangrea's Avatar


CarpeSangrea
01.08.2013 , 01:15 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.
It better be. This is one of the most boneheaded moves since the release of the cartel market.

dpwms's Avatar


dpwms
01.08.2013 , 01:16 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
From the simple fact that they're going to be fixed back in their original state?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...08#post5694308
Joveth has also stated that he is pursuing more information on this. It seems very likely that the comment you linked to is wrong, because it is directly at odds with the patch notes and BWs previously stated intent.

TheSkate's Avatar


TheSkate
01.08.2013 , 01:17 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.
One question. How many months will we have to wait for the changes that took months to implement to be corrected?
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Prettyevilish's Avatar


Prettyevilish
01.08.2013 , 01:18 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
Joveth has also stated that he is pursuing more information on this. It seems very likely that the comment you linked to is wrong, because it is directly at odds with the patch notes and BWs previously stated intent.
Actually, patch notes only mention two items being changed - Phantom and Preceptor - but a ton of items were changed, including non-cartel items.

So it's possible that TWO items were intentional and everything else was an accident.

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
01.08.2013 , 01:18 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
and a male for that matter as I tried it on Corso too, just to see) before I decided to equip it.
And you did not think for at least a second that it's a bit odd that it looks different on Corso, than on the Ad?