Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Prettyevilish
01.08.2013 , 12:30 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by jupezz View Post
But that's the thing. You are NOT in the majority. It's just that people who actually like the changes don't visit the forum immediately to say "YAY!" - complainers are always a hell of a lot faster and more talkative.
Then the same can be said about the initial complainers that came to the forum to QQ (I don't believe it was QQ, as it was a legit complaint, just like this is now a legit complaint) about the armor not looking like a vague picture on the cartel pack. Those who liked them didn't even notice the cartel pack advertisement, but bought the item (or equipped it out of the box after purchase, as I did) and were happy. They didn't come to the forum to say 'thanks so much for the awesome armor'.

It works both ways, buddy.

And they NEED to cater to both sides and allow for an exchange of items (as well as any credits spent to augment the item you no longer want) so that everyone gets the item they paid real money for.

Majspuffen
01.08.2013 , 12:30 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
They need to make the items look as intended. Nothing more and nothing less.
And you can debate what's intended all night long. The in game items used to correspond with their icons, which to me feels proper. Now they do not, yet they match the items that were advertised...
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

xeraphyne
01.08.2013 , 12:31 PM | #103
They could have easily changed the cartel pack picture with the original way the armor looked. Not like the original picture isn't all pix-elated and blurry anyway, could have used a redo.

I mean I can see changing the Revan lower robe to look like Revan, but the other spymaster and phantom just looks bad.

Asuka
01.08.2013 , 12:31 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Revan's robe has been fixed with this patch, it now has the metal ring as it should. But it's only a matter of time before we see complains that people liked the WRONG Revan's robe more...
No doubt.

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 12:32 PM | #105
They need to make it look like the prieview in the character prieview box that made people buy it. You dont buy based on a pack cover, it cant show the gear on every gender and every race, you look at it in the prieview box to see what it looks like on YOUR character and spend money accordingly. If they want to bait and switch, then just give me back my real life money, and do whatever you want to it then.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 12:32 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
And you can debate what's intended all night long.
Not really, the artwork is very clear in depecting what these sets should look like. Beyond that, the sets as released originally were so plain that no one can claim to believe that the look was intentional--it was always apparant that due to some sort of oversight, pieces were missing.

Majspuffen
01.08.2013 , 12:35 PM | #107
Not really, the artwork is very clear in depecting what these sets should look like. Beyond that, the sets as released originally were so plain that no one can claim to believe that the look was intentional--it was always apparant that due to some sort of oversight, pieces were missing.
And yet if you look at the icons in the game, they matched how the items looked, which suggests that they were supposed to look that way in the first place. I for one saw it as a way to cater to those who did not enjoy the WoWified armor with giant shoulderpads and silly accessories. And that was one of the main reasons I purchased it.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 12:36 PM | #108
And it's obvious the Look on the cartel pack ad was intended look, because patch notes say "The appearance of the Phantom and Perceptor's armor now matches the appearance seen in the Cartel Market. "

Asuka
01.08.2013 , 12:36 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Then the same can be said about the initial complainers that came to the forum to QQ (I don't believe it was QQ, as it was a legit complaint, just like this is now a legit complaint) about the armor not looking like a vague picture on the cartel pack. Those who liked them didn't even notice the cartel pack advertisement, but bought the item (or equipped it out of the box after purchase, as I did) and were happy. They didn't come to the forum to say 'thanks so much for the awesome armor'.

It works both ways, buddy.

And they NEED to cater to both sides and allow for an exchange of items (as well as any credits spent to augment the item you no longer want) so that everyone gets the item they paid real money for.
The original complainers pointed out to Bioware that the gear was misrepresented in the first place so all Bioware did was correct this. Ignorance of not knowing what the cartel pack representation of the armor doesn't really fly as an excuse being they were obviously cartel items. I liked the original Phantom as implemented but knew it was wrong and that they'd fix it eventually so just said whatever.

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 12:39 PM | #110
The icons pretty much says what they should look like imo. For Phantom (not looked at Spymaster so dunno about that one) the chest piece's icon does not have the rolled-up carpet and hood on it and the gloves do not have the stupid backwards syringes. That leads me to believe they should not be there on the 3D model either.

It seems to me that 2 sets of both sets exist; the nice and sleek ones without all the extra crap and the ones with all the extra crap. The former weren't supposed to be the ones added to the pack if we believe the image on cartel market or they were and whoever's in charge of putting together that image made a mistake about which sets to put there, most likely based on miscommunication.
Sith Sorcerer