Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

But that's the thing. You are NOT in the majority. It's just that people who actually like the changes don't visit the forum immediately to say "YAY!" - complainers are always a hell of a lot faster and more talkative.

Then the same can be said about the initial complainers that came to the forum to QQ (I don't believe it was QQ, as it was a legit complaint, just like this is now a legit complaint) about the armor not looking like a vague picture on the cartel pack. Those who liked them didn't even notice the cartel pack advertisement, but bought the item (or equipped it out of the box after purchase, as I did) and were happy. They didn't come to the forum to say 'thanks so much for the awesome armor'.

It works both ways, buddy.

And they NEED to cater to both sides and allow for an exchange of items (as well as any credits spent to augment the item you no longer want) so that everyone gets the item they paid real money for.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to make the items look as intended. Nothing more and nothing less.

And you can debate what's intended all night long. The in game items used to correspond with their icons, which to me feels proper. Now they do not, yet they match the items that were advertised...

Edited by Majspuffen

They could have easily changed the cartel pack picture with the original way the armor looked. Not like the original picture isn't all pix-elated and blurry anyway, could have used a redo.

I mean I can see changing the Revan lower robe to look like Revan, but the other spymaster and phantom just looks bad.

They need to make it look like the prieview in the character prieview box that made people buy it. You dont buy based on a pack cover, it cant show the gear on every gender and every race, you look at it in the prieview box to see what it looks like on YOUR character and spend money accordingly. If they want to bait and switch, then just give me back my real life money, and do whatever you want to it then. Edited by Karaiblis

And you can debate what's intended all night long.

Not really, the artwork is very clear in depecting what these sets should look like. Beyond that, the sets as released originally were so plain that no one can claim to believe that the look was intentional--it was always apparant that due to some sort of oversight, pieces were missing.

Not really, the artwork is very clear in depecting what these sets should look like. Beyond that, the sets as released originally were so plain that no one can claim to believe that the look was intentional--it was always apparant that due to some sort of oversight, pieces were missing.

And yet if you look at the icons in the game, they matched how the items looked, which suggests that they were supposed to look that way in the first place. I for one saw it as a way to cater to those who did not enjoy the WoWified armor with giant shoulderpads and silly accessories. And that was one of the main reasons I purchased it.

And it's obvious the Look on the cartel pack ad was intended look, because patch notes say "The appearance of the Phantom and Perceptor's armor now matches the appearance seen in the Cartel Market. "

Then the same can be said about the initial complainers that came to the forum to QQ (I don't believe it was QQ, as it was a legit complaint, just like this is now a legit complaint) about the armor not looking like a vague picture on the cartel pack. Those who liked them didn't even notice the cartel pack advertisement, but bought the item (or equipped it out of the box after purchase, as I did) and were happy. They didn't come to the forum to say 'thanks so much for the awesome armor'.

It works both ways, buddy.

And they NEED to cater to both sides and allow for an exchange of items (as well as any credits spent to augment the item you no longer want) so that everyone gets the item they paid real money for.

The original complainers pointed out to Bioware that the gear was misrepresented in the first place so all Bioware did was correct this. Ignorance of not knowing what the cartel pack representation of the armor doesn't really fly as an excuse being they were obviously cartel items. I liked the original Phantom as implemented but knew it was wrong and that they'd fix it eventually so just said whatever.

The icons pretty much says what they should look like imo. For Phantom (not looked at Spymaster so dunno about that one) the chest piece's icon does not have the rolled-up carpet and hood on it and the gloves do not have the stupid backwards syringes. That leads me to believe they should not be there on the 3D model either.

It seems to me that 2 sets of both sets exist; the nice and sleek ones without all the extra crap and the ones with all the extra crap. The former weren't supposed to be the ones added to the pack if we believe the image on cartel market or they were and whoever's in charge of putting together that image made a mistake about which sets to put there, most likely based on miscommunication.

The 5% that post on the forums doesn't account for the "player base".

That must've been the 5% who complained before this change. The truth is, the Phantom and Spymaster sets were NOT complained about. Some complaints were made about the Preceptor set, which I understand since those looked rather bland compared to the advertised image, and the Revan set, which not only didn't look like the picture, but also didn't look in any way like previous appearances of Revan, both from TOR and from previous games, novels and comics. But, I didn't see a single complaint about the Phantom set "not looking as advertised". If there were any, they were VERY few. Instead, in its original released state, it was in HIGHER demand even than the Revan set. In its current downgraded state, it won't be in demand. Even the new red bikini is more preferable. It's saving grace to keep the GTN price for the current Phantom piece somewhat afloat will probably be the extremely low supply. 30k max.

So for the Phantom outfit, it's the advertisement that should've been changed, NOT the Phantom set itself!

I hated the old Phantom armor. Your statement is invalid, please stop assuming your desires speak for everyone.

more dislike the change. the old was better. my post is valid. people who like the change are the minority. the proof is in the number of replies here who stated as much as well. new look is fail.

The original complainers pointed out to Bioware that the gear was misrepresented in the first place so all Bioware did was correct this. Ignorance of not knowing what the cartel pack representation of the armor doesn't really fly as an excuse being they were obviously cartel items. I liked the original Phantom as implemented but knew it was wrong and that they'd fix it eventually so just said whatever.

Time and time again these forums have proven that whatever BioWare does, people will complain. Then they ask why there's a lack of communication. Well they did what community asked. Now the "other" side of the community is whining. It's amazing how can people who work at BioWare cope with this. I'd probably put a bullet in my head by now... (Jk)

Obvious now after people have paid real life money for the set shown in the character changing room. not obvious when they were spending it on gear that finally looked good. I cant even find a picture of the spymaster stuff on the pack advert, where are you seeing it? I want breasts and butt back please, not a squeezed flat man like the adverts for the pack shows, why would I assume it should look like a man in the armor when the character changing room shows it is attractive on a female, then is later changed.. Edited by Karaiblis

That must've been the 5% who complained before this change. The truth is, the Phantom and Spymaster sets were NOT complained about.

If true, that only proves that the original sets were released in error, the fact was realized by BW, and they have now been rightly corrected.

The trouble is, people interested in Cartel Packs and the possible images are more likely to be aware of any problems associated with such items. Having purchased a Cartel Pack to find the item is not the one they wanted they still have the option to leave it unbound and sell it on the GTN.

I don't go near the cartel packs, I don't like the odds on that kind of item acquisition. I had no idea the Phantom chest and gloves were supposed to look like the artwork on the cartel pack. I did however see that the models in preview mode looked nice and sleek, and importantly the object icon reflects this too. The Phantom Chestguard and Revan Chest plate are essentially the same hooded model now but the object icons are completely different.

I think the biggest problem I have is that a Cartel pack buyer, who gaining an item they didn't want (and this would probably account for most of the items gained) still had the choice to sell it on.

The GTN purchasers bought it at the time based on how it looked in the preview screens and have had no choice.

I cant even find a picture of the spymaster stuff on the pack advert, where are you seeing it?

Here: Phantom AS IT SHOULD BE AND NOW IS http://imageshack.us/a/img801/6895/phantomq.jpg

Here: Spymaster AS IT SHOULD BE AND NOW IS http://imageshack.us/a/img69/2060/spymaster.jpg

Previous versions were wrong, people complained same way as you do now, Oh I paid real cash did not get what I want... so what can they do?

And you know what, they probably did buy it with real cash, but people who complain now just bought it on GTN.

Edited by Aelther

I'm with the most everyone. Regardless of how it was intended to look. Change them back, because it was the looks that they HAD before today are why people bought them. not because of what they looked like in the pack advertisement. Word of mouth a visuals are powerful tools, and this kind of thing can really have a negative impact on your base. Listen to your player base about these armors, they like them the way they were, change them back.

Regardless of how it was intended to look. Change them back, because it was the looks that they HAD before today are why people bought them.! -- Exactly!