Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
01.08.2013 , 12:24 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Tommot View Post
I'm so confused by what Joveth is trying to say. You guys said you'd fix the sets, you did, and now you're saying it was done in error? What am I missing here?
Glad I'm not alone...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 12:25 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
They need to cater to both audiences
They need to make the items look as intended. Nothing more and nothing less.

jupezz
01.08.2013 , 12:26 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Phylok View Post
I'm with the most everyone.
But that's the thing. You are NOT in the majority. It's just that people who actually like the changes don't visit the forum immediately to say "YAY!" - complainers are always a hell of a lot faster and more talkative.

Asuka
01.08.2013 , 12:26 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Except, it's NOT a photo, not even a screenshot, but a handdrawn artistic interpretation of POSSIBLE contents. Otherwise, every single pack should contain ALL the items shown on that picture.
It's still supposed to look at the very least close to what's represented especially since Phantom, Preceptor are 2 major pieces of that pack. Revan's robe is just ultimately incorrect in design either way and BW was made aware of that.

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 12:27 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
They need to make the items look as intended. Nothing more and nothing less.
And who decides which way it was intended? The "changed" way now matches the pictures on cartel pack ads.

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 12:28 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Revan's robe is just ultimately incorrect in design either way and BW was made aware of that.
Revan's robe has been fixed with this patch, it now has the metal ring as it should. But it's only a matter of time before we see complains that people liked the WRONG Revan's robe more...

And I'm interested to see how will this turn out, because there are 2 sides of people. One was complaining that they got gear that looked nothing like on the cartel pack ads, so they were granted their wish ("The appearance of the Phantom and Perceptor's armor now matches the appearance seen in the Cartel Market" - patch notes) , so now the opposition complains that they liked the wrong versions more...
Either way BioWare will not please them all, unless they make 2 robes, one with previous looks, other with current looks... And I hope they don't revert Revan's robe to how it was xD

BlameSociety
01.08.2013 , 12:29 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I'm digging in to this today. I'm going to see what happened and clarify what the gear should look like. Apologies for the confusion.
At this point it doesn't matter what it "should" look like. Many people bought the packs because of the look on the picture (the "fixed" set) and many other people bought the gear because of the item preview (the "broken" set).
As I see it, the only way to fix this issue is to have both appearances in the game and give people the possibility to exchange one for the other.
ToFN - QQ
Lenius - Assassin | Lenani - Mercenary | Lennick - Operative | Lenorris - Juggernaut
Lenion - Vanguard | Lendos - Gunslinger | Lensei - Knight | Leninda - Consular

Kaywinnit
01.08.2013 , 12:29 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I'm digging in to this today. I'm going to see what happened and clarify what the gear should look like. Apologies for the confusion.
Could you clarify how there is even any confusion about what the gear is supposed to look like? How does it get implemented in game, with no one knowing what it is supposed to look like?
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Asuka
01.08.2013 , 12:29 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Phylok View Post
I'm with the most everyone. Regardless of how it was intended to look. Change them back, because it was the looks that they HAD before today are why people bought them. not because of what they looked like in the pack advertisement. Word of mouth a visuals are powerful tools, and this kind of thing can really have a negative impact on your base. Listen to your player base about these armors, they like them the way they were, change them back.
The 5% that post on the forums doesn't account for the "player base".

dscount
01.08.2013 , 12:30 PM | #100
Yeah.. When people ask for the graphic to be corrected to match the actual item.

It kinda means.. FIX the GRAPHIC.. not the ITEM to match the Graphic.

Put it back and just create another set of gear to purchase in store that looks like that crap you just changed the gear to look like.

Changing the LOOK of something AFTER people have spent real money is a quick and fast way to piss off and lose your paying customers in a very rapid order.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."