Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
01.08.2013 , 11:59 AM | #61 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
I am so upset. Finally, FINALLY, Bioware gave us decent cat suites, one white and one black. I didn't care I had to pay real money for it, a lot of it since they came in packs, to get it, IT WAS WORTH IT!

Then after I pay my real money they add huge hideous shoulder pads, Ugly breast smooshing plating, heinous butt flaps, no more cat suites. I want my money back, I feel like I've been robbed with a bait and switch here. Why would BW do this with things people are spending real money for?

Why cant they fire their armor graphic designers and hire some real talent, this game has the unsexiest armor in any MMO I've ever played, and now they changed the two few exceptions to be just as bad after people paid real money for them.

I am so disappoint, I don't feel like playing or buying anything at all from the cartel this new release, even tho I usually spend 100$ or more per. Why would they cheat us this way?
Hi folks,

My original post here was incorrect. Please see my most recent post on this.

Prettyevilish's Avatar


Prettyevilish
01.08.2013 , 12:00 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
And then people would have to pay twice to get the look they wanted. Point is, BioWare can do anything and everything and people will still complain about it. These forums proved this countless times.
They could have easily done an item exchange. If someone had the first robe and wanted the new one, they could exchange it and get the new one instead. Anyone who liked the original could keep the original and be happy.

It would have pleased everyone (except the trolls that just like complaining). To wait one - two months to make changes while continuing to sell the item (and without warning purchasers at the items would be changed in the future) is bait and switch and is illegal.

Alodar's Avatar


Alodar
01.08.2013 , 12:01 PM | #63
This is not the same as the Phantom and Spymaster chest pieces which you changed so they would match the advertised pictures. The Trailblazer armour never appeared in an ad.

I liked the way it looked before the change that's why I bought it from someone who was selling it on the GTN.
I would have never purchased it with this current design.

Please remove the shoulder pad and the pointless patches on the back.
Please change it back.
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀!!Ξ[!(Θ)!!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Asuka's Avatar


Asuka
01.08.2013 , 12:02 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Malderak View Post
No I didn't.

What if that was another separate set in the pack? It's not like there is a list on the things I might find within, or a big sign upon it saying "THIS IS THE PHANTOM ROBE!"

What if I saw the Phantom chest wore by somoene else and decided to buy the pack? What if I bought it based on the preview window on GTN (with credits made by selling other stuff bought with real cash)?

And even then, how could I know it was going to be changed? Must I look at the forums every time I buy something to be sure?

What about the trailblazer set? How was I supposed to know?

Stop defending something that's indefensible.
That's your problem then because the cartel pack stock photo shows it's obviously incorrect. A bit of logic would tell you that it not reflecting what was in the stock photo was false advertising if they left it as is.

dpwms's Avatar


dpwms
01.08.2013 , 12:03 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I don't understand this. I thought BW had stated that they would fix the outfits that were originally released with missing pieces?

jupezz's Avatar


jupezz
01.08.2013 , 12:04 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Malderak View Post
Oh, so the damn picture had a giant sign saying "THIS IS WHAT THE PHANTOM ROBE SHOULD REALLY LOOK LIKE AND WE'RE GOING TO CHANGE IT?"

My bad, my bad.
Oh, so the completely unique helmet wasn't a clear indicator? Or the fact that ALL of these items were listed in the "known issues" thread which is visible to anyone, at any given time without even having to search the forum at all?
Riiiiight.


Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Ok, now are you freaking kidding me? You are misleading people into buying something for a second time? You can't be serious.

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
01.08.2013 , 12:04 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
I'll get over it when they refund the real life money I paid based on false previews. I wouldn't care if it's credits, but they took real life money and then changed the product to something I would never ever buy.
Why are you more important then the people who paid real money and requested it be fixed?

AsheraII's Avatar


AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 12:05 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.
YES! Best news of today! Thank you!
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
01.08.2013 , 12:05 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
That's your problem then because the cartel pack stock photo shows it's obviously incorrect. A bit of logic would tell you that it not reflecting what was in the stock photo was false advertising if they left it as is.
I disagree. Going off preview window would be the logical way to check vs the photo on the pack as the preview window shows what it will look like on your character. They need to learn that if they mess up a paid item they need to make changing it optional or offer refunds to people who don't want it after the change. If you didn't get what you paid for, or it was changed to something else after you received it and they refuse to refund your money (or at least the coins) go to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.

Asuka's Avatar


Asuka
01.08.2013 , 12:06 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.
So which is it then? Cartel pack stock photo incorrect or the actual item is incorrect? Because one or the other should represent accurately what's it look like so all this drama is avoided in the future.