Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

The advertised picture is just a vague representation, the preview on your character is what you use to decide to buy or not, to see what exactly they are offering. For example, on the game box, THE advertisement for the game, Satele is an attractive young woman. In game she's a weird black lipliner wearing, wrinkly old broad, who's gained 40 lbs. The advert is simply an artist representation, the prieview in the changing room is the exact representation of what you're buying will look like on your character, and they changed it, its a bait and switch scam. Edited by Karaiblis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change.

I like the change, therefore your argument is invalid.

All-caps makes it louder but not more accurate.

Also, I do not think you understand what the term "customer base" means.

It's advertised by the preview that shows people exactly what it will look like on your character, dont be an idiot. You put things on in a dressing room and buy them based on what it looks like on you, that's the way clothes shopping works, ask your mom to take you next time she buys your clothes and you might get a clue.

You're trying to make this really really difficult, aren't you?

They have been fixed so they are as advertised on the cartel pack stock photos.

The in-game "Preview" function only showed the broken version, not the intended stock photo version.

Wrap your head around it.

All you had to do is look at the picture on the cartel pack to see both armor pieces looked totally incorrect.

No I didn't.

What if that was another separate set in the pack? It's not like there is a list on the things I might find within, or a big sign upon it saying "THIS IS THE PHANTOM ROBE!"

What if I saw the Phantom chest wore by somoene else and decided to buy the pack? What if I bought it based on the preview window on GTN (with credits made by selling other stuff bought with real cash)?

And even then, how could I know it was going to be changed? Must I look at the forums every time I buy something to be sure?

What about the trailblazer set? How was I supposed to know?

Stop defending something that's indefensible.

The advertised picture is just a vague representation, the preview on your character is what you use to decide to buy or not, to see what exactly they are offering. For example, on the game box, THE advertisement for the game, Satele is a attractive young woman. In game she's a weird black lipliner wearing, wrinkly old broad, who's gained 40 lbs. The advert is simply an artist representation, the prieview in the changing room is the exact representation what you're buying will look like on your character, and they changed it, its a bait and switch scam.

The images of content and armor on the cartel packs are in-game images, not some graphic cartoon hand-made drawing of an artist's "representation".

Get over it. The in-game was finally fixed to appear as intended.

This is ridiculous and you know it.

So everytime I buy an item I have to search through all advert pictures and forums to make sure it is as intended and not going to be changed in the future?

Do you realize how stupid your statement is?

"Search through"? All you had to do was look at the damn picture. That should of been enough to at least guess that there's a high chance that it will be changed/fixed.

And stop babbling about spending real money. You bought the packs with money, not the respective armor sets. And I sure as hell hope that you didn't just buy the packs to get your hands on the Phantom pieces.

hahaha! Don't hurt yourself twisting logic into pretzels trying to defend Bioware.

It's not twisted logic, it's common sense - an ability, which many here seem to seriously lack. And I'm not defending Bioware as they do screw up often but just not this time.

They didn't "change" it. They fixed it. The original appearance did not look like advertised on the pack, so people were complaining about that. Now they fixed it so that it would match the ad on the pack.

And where in the advertisement was it said that those specific pieces shown were the Phantom and Spymaster pieces? Exactly nowhere. Handdrawn advertisements are just interpretations of how the items look. They are NEVER reliable examples of the actual item. Never meant to be either, otherwise EACH cartel pack should contain a full Revan set and every other piece of clothing displayed as well, all pets shown, and maybe even give you a companion looking like every character displayed on the package.

The preview button exists specifically to show how the items look in game, and even on your own character or companion. Both were rather uncommon drops from Cartel Packs, both were Bind on Equip.

Don't like their appearance? Simple: put them on GTN and sell them for several hundred thousand.

Do like their appearance? Simple: look through the GTN, make sure to preview, and buy them if you like them.

However, the items were changed DRASTICALLY in appearance AFTER purchases have been made, items have been equiped and thus, items have become bound to character. This change needs to be reverted, and FAST. Especially on the Phantom and Spymaster sets, since those two sets were altered radically, while the other sets were also altered, but more subtle.

I can already see the value of the chestguard dropping from it's current 400-500k to less than 30k. Traders are very reluctant to relist the ones they have in storage, a lot of them have probably been flipping the thing like crazy over the past month, and now see their investment turn into a profit loss, hoping for a revert or waiting to see where the new value settles. I'm glad I'm not one of them, since I don't like flipping, but I personally wouldn't even give 5k for it as it looks now, whereas the old design had me look a few times whether I should save up for it on some toons.

I am so upset. Finally, FINALLY, Bioware gave us decent cat suites, one white and one black. I didn't care I had to pay real money for it, a lot of it since they came in packs, to get it, IT WAS WORTH IT!

Then after I pay my real money they add huge hideous shoulder pads, Ugly breast smooshing plating, heinous butt flaps, no more cat suites. I want my money back, I feel like I've been robbed with a bait and switch here. Why would BW do this with things people are spending real money for?

Why cant they fire their armor graphic designers and hire some real talent, this game has the unsexiest armor in any MMO I've ever played, and now they changed the two few exceptions to be just as bad after people paid real money for them.

I am so disappoint, I don't feel like playing or buying anything at all from the cartel this new release, even tho I usually spend 100$ or more per. Why would they cheat us this way?

Hi folks,

My original post here was incorrect. Please see my most recent post on this.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

And then people would have to pay twice to get the look they wanted. Point is, BioWare can do anything and everything and people will still complain about it. These forums proved this countless times.

They could have easily done an item exchange. If someone had the first robe and wanted the new one, they could exchange it and get the new one instead. Anyone who liked the original could keep the original and be happy.

It would have pleased everyone (except the trolls that just like complaining). To wait one - two months to make changes while continuing to sell the item (and without warning purchasers at the items would be changed in the future) is bait and switch and is illegal.

This is not the same as the Phantom and Spymaster chest pieces which you changed so they would match the advertised pictures. The Trailblazer armour never appeared in an ad.

I liked the way it looked before the change that's why I bought it from someone who was selling it on the GTN.

I would have never purchased it with this current design.

Please remove the shoulder pad and the pointless patches on the back.

Please change it back.

No I didn't.

What if that was another separate set in the pack? It's not like there is a list on the things I might find within, or a big sign upon it saying "THIS IS THE PHANTOM ROBE!"

What if I saw the Phantom chest wore by somoene else and decided to buy the pack? What if I bought it based on the preview window on GTN (with credits made by selling other stuff bought with real cash)?

And even then, how could I know it was going to be changed? Must I look at the forums every time I buy something to be sure?

What about the trailblazer set? How was I supposed to know?

Stop defending something that's indefensible.

That's your problem then because the cartel pack stock photo shows it's obviously incorrect. A bit of logic would tell you that it not reflecting what was in the stock photo was false advertising if they left it as is.

Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I don't understand this. I thought BW had stated that they would fix the outfits that were originally released with missing pieces?

Oh, so the damn picture had a giant sign saying "THIS IS WHAT THE PHANTOM ROBE SHOULD REALLY LOOK LIKE AND WE'RE GOING TO CHANGE IT?"

My bad, my bad.

Oh, so the completely unique helmet wasn't a clear indicator? Or the fact that ALL of these items were listed in the "known issues" thread which is visible to anyone, at any given time without even having to search the forum at all?

Riiiiight.

Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Ok, now are you freaking kidding me? You are misleading people into buying something for a second time? You can't be serious.

I'll get over it when they refund the real life money I paid based on false previews. I wouldn't care if it's credits, but they took real life money and then changed the product to something I would never ever buy.

Why are you more important then the people who paid real money and requested it be fixed?

That's your problem then because the cartel pack stock photo shows it's obviously incorrect. A bit of logic would tell you that it not reflecting what was in the stock photo was false advertising if they left it as is.

I disagree. Going off preview window would be the logical way to check vs the photo on the pack as the preview window shows what it will look like on your character. They need to learn that if they mess up a paid item they need to make changing it optional or offer refunds to people who don't want it after the change. If you didn't get what you paid for, or it was changed to something else after you received it and they refuse to refund your money (or at least the coins) go to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.

Hi folks,

So which is it then? Cartel pack stock photo incorrect or the actual item is incorrect? Because one or the other should represent accurately what's it look like so all this drama is avoided in the future.

Edited by Asuka

YES! Best news of today! Thank you! :D

Except it's not good news at all. It just shows that Bioware don't know what they are doing at all.

I for one want the items to look like how they did but I still think they are giving unfair treatment to.. well.. at the moment, -everyone- involved who cares about this issue, regardless of what they prefer.

Hi folks,

This statement needs clarification. So the fix was unintentional? It was unintentional that everyone was fixed? I'm so confused. Someone need to post exactly what was "unintentional" about it and what your intended fix entails.

Except, it's NOT a photo, not even a screenshot, but a handdrawn artistic interpretation of POSSIBLE contents. Otherwise, every single pack should contain ALL the items shown on that picture.

BIOWARE PLEASE READ:

This is how you fix the problem.

Create a temporary vendor that contains the armors (Phantom, Spymaster, not sure if others) that were falsely advertised. The vendors should contain BOTH the "old" and "new" armors. The cost for the "old" armor would be the "new" armor, and vice versa.

This way everyone can have the look they wanted, no more QQ.

So which is it then? Cartel pack stock photo incorrect or the actual item is incorrect? Because one or the other should represent accurately what's it look like so all this drama is avoided in the future.

Yes, some sort of clarification is needed as to what is going to happen. I was going to acquire a couple of these sets for companions now that they have been fixed, but I will wait until it is made clear exactly what BWs intent is.