Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Asuka
01.08.2013 , 11:41 AM | #41
Phantom was implemented incorrectly to begin with. Did you actually think that Bioware wouldn't change it to what they actually advertised? False advertising is what would have been if they left it without matching the pictures on the cartel pack.

MaximusRex
01.08.2013 , 11:41 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvenn View Post
This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

You Chose Poorly with the decision to change it (fix it, whatever).

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!
They listened to their customer base when they fixed it in today's patch. If you didn't want them to fix it to correspond to the image shown on the Blockade Runner's Cartel Pack then you should have stated that weeks ago when the request to change it was made.

Malderak
01.08.2013 , 11:42 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Phantom was implemented incorrectly to begin with. Did you actually think that Bioware wouldn't change it to what they actually advertised? False advertising is what would have been if they left it without matching the pictures on the cartel pack.
While making people pay for something and then taking it away is called...what...hmmm... scam? Robbery?

TheSkate
01.08.2013 , 11:43 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Correct decision by BW to change it to what was advertised on the picture of the cartel pack. Your fault for buying it knowing that it looked incorrect and that they would fix it eventually.
The main problem is most people DID NOT know that it looked "incorrect" or that it was going to be changed. Otherwise it would not have been a hot-ticket item on the GTN and no one would have bought it until they could preview its actual look before purchase.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Akomo
01.08.2013 , 11:43 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Trust me, you won't be unsubbing because the developers change it back in its original state.
No I won't because its a LOOK and doesn't affect how i play.Seems to bother you though eh?LOL!
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

TheSkate
01.08.2013 , 11:44 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
They listened to their customer base when they fixed it in today's patch. If you didn't want them to fix it to correspond to the image shown on the Blockade Runner's Cartel Pack then you should have stated that weeks ago when the request to change it was made.
See my post from 1 minute ago. Most people did not know about this at all.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Terro_Fett
01.08.2013 , 11:45 AM | #47
I don't know what you guys are on, but the new models smoke the old, flat ones.

Danbuterx
01.08.2013 , 11:46 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by jupezz View Post
Wrong. You didn't take the precaution of reflecting the situation. That doesn't mean that you're wrong or at fault but anyone who bought this stuff should of known that there was a big chance that it would eventually be changed.
hahaha! Don't hurt yourself twisting logic into pretzels trying to defend Bioware. In all reality, this kind of stuff is the basis of many a complaint to the Better Business Bureau or even a lawsuit.

Asuka
01.08.2013 , 11:46 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Malderak View Post
This is ridicolous and you know it.

So everytime I buy an item I have to search through all advert pictures and forums to make sure it is as intended and not going to be changed in the future?

Do you realize how stupid your statement is?
All you had to do is look at the picture on the cartel pack to see both armor pieces looked totally incorrect.

Akomo
01.08.2013 , 11:47 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
I don't know. I put a lot of effort into building a look around the Spymaster's chestpiece, and I was extremely satisfied with the results, because Consulars generally get such bad-looking gear.

The change feels like an insult. Now the chest item clips with my lower robe, so I'm pretty much forced to abandon it. I would not consider this a minor thing. For months I've waited for a hood-toggle to appear, something they promised way back before 1.2. It never came. I've been looking for a nice outfit for so damn long, and I finally found one in the Cartel Market. Now they changed that too, so I'm back to square one.

I am constantly questioning my subscription.
Then you think way too much about your monthly fee.I already paid so no point in ranting about it.Glass is half full to me.��
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!