Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jupezz
01.08.2013 , 10:52 AM | #11
Gotta agree on the Phantom changes but in what world does the Spymaster Chest look worse than before? Like seriously.

EDIT:
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
They didnt fix anything, the icon for the gear looked exactly like what the gear looked like on the character, NOW it doesnt match what is advertised. Go look at it in game, they havent changed it yet.
Are you blind or something? They have FIXED it. All the gear now looks exactly like it was advertised the whole time.

Danbuterx
01.08.2013 , 10:52 AM | #12
It would have been very simple for Bioware to just release a new set of armor with the revised look. Instead, they took this route. I love it!

LogicalPremise
01.08.2013 , 10:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvenn View Post
This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

You Chose Poorly with the decision to change it (fix it, whatever).

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!
I hated the old Phantom armor. Your statement is invalid, please stop assuming your desires speak for everyone.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

TrigPt
01.08.2013 , 10:55 AM | #14
I bought my peices, both outlaw and phantom guard from the gtn based on the look from the charatecr preview. I no longer own what i paid for. If bioiware screwd up they should have introduced the new versions as new sets and left the existing stuff alone.

ParagonAX
01.08.2013 , 10:57 AM | #15
The new phantom chest looks absolutely terrible.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance
Malefžce | Sžlence | Macropyre | Blžnk

For general inquiries about Triumph, please direct your questions in-game to our PR representative, Undercon

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 10:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbuterx View Post
It would have been very simple for Bioware to just release a new set of armor with the revised look. Instead, they took this route. I love it!
And then people would have to pay twice to get the look they wanted. Point is, BioWare can do anything and everything and people will still complain about it. These forums proved this countless times.

TheSkate
01.08.2013 , 10:58 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
WHY do you THINK they changed it? it's exactly because they DID listen to the customer base. And customer base was complaining that items did not look like they do on the cartel pack ads, so BioWare has listened and fixed it now. It is now looking as advertised. So original complains > current complaints.
Does not matter if it looks like the add now.
It looks like **** compared to the super sleek, stealthy "phantom" look it had before. It was a mistake to change it.

If they just had to make something that looked like the advert, they should have added an item and changed the name to "Dark Jedi Chest Piece" with the graphical change.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 10:59 AM | #18
It no longer matches the icon or what was previwed. thats not fixing to match, it no longer matches. And a breast smooshing iron plate hiding the chest and a butt flap hiding the waist and butt is what makes the new spymaster set changes worse, it was a white catsuite, now its just the same as all the other ugly gear in game, which is fine, but I payed real money for a premium set of attractive armor, and now its not. I just want my money back.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai ∑ Ebon Hawk ∑ Rysari

TrigPt
01.08.2013 , 10:59 AM | #19
the icons look like the old original armour not the "fixed" armour

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 11:00 AM | #20
Changing the pieces was a mistake; the people who wanted the model shown on the pack picture wasn't wrong in wanting that one, but Bioware was wrong in "fixing" it the way they did. Anyone who had a bound version of the old phantom pieces should've been mailed a BoP version of the new one(s). Or, another way I like much less, would be to add a vendor that let you trade the pieces for the new ones, similar to what they have with them green Razer crystals.
Sith Sorcerer