Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 10:28 AM | #1
I am so upset. Finally, FINALLY, Bioware gave us decent cat suits, one white and one black. I didn't care I had to pay real money for it, a lot of it since they came in packs, to get it, IT WAS WORTH IT!

Then after I pay my real money they add huge hideous shoulder pads, Ugly breast smooshing plating, heinous butt flaps, no more cat suits. I want my money back, I feel like I've been robbed with a bait and switch here. Why would BW do this with things people are spending real money for?

Why cant they fire their armor graphic designers and hire some real talent, this game has the unsexiest armor in any MMO I've ever played, and now they changed the two few exceptions to be just as bad after people paid real money for them.

I am so disappoint, I don't feel like playing or buying anything at all from the cartel this new release, even tho I usually spend 100$ or more per. Why would they cheat us this way?
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai · Ebon Hawk · Rysari

Nothing_Shines
01.08.2013 , 10:36 AM | #2
Agreed. Two of my characters' outfits were based around the Phantom and Spymaster chestpieces and now they both look ridiculous. I spent cash money on these things. I used the preview item pane to test the looks and after finally tracking down two of the few cool looking suits in the game, suits without hideous shoulderpads, hoods or glowing baubles, Bioware "fixes" them by making them ugly. Either give me back my money or revert the suits to the original design and issue a new shoulder-pad fugly version, if you absolutely have to have more crap armor in your game. I've spent a ****-load of money on the cartel coins up until this point and I was all ready to go buy more of the new packs today, but guess, what? Not any more. With no guarantee Bioware won't just up and redesign the look of something I bought BECAUSE IT LOOKED THAT WAY, why would I waste money (or credits for that matter) on their in-game items?
Jedi Covenant || The Gallowglass Legacy || Chiss Merc-55 | Chiss Sent-55 | Hum Com-55 | Sith Jugg-55 | Cyb Op-55 | Ratt Sorc-55 | Chiss GS-55 | Hum Shad-55 | Twil Mara-41 | Red Zab Guard-33 | Twil PT-30 | Ratt Snipe-27 I Hum Scoun-23 | Miri Van-21 | Cyb Sin-21 | Ratt Scoun-20 | Sith Sage-19 | Cath Jugg-16 | Cath Agent-13 | Sith Sent-13 | Mira Merc-11

Ryvenn
01.08.2013 , 10:39 AM | #3
This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

You Chose Poorly with the decision to change it (fix it, whatever).

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!

UPDATED Thanks Devs! This and Spymaster are being reverted. http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

yay!

to all you people who chose to take this thread and make it personal by being self-righteous and insulting... - neener neener neener
"There is no greater misery than to remember with bitter regret, a time when you were most happy." - Anakin Skywalker

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 10:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
I am so upset. Finally, FINALLY, Bioware gave us decent cat suites, one white and one black. I didn't care I had to pay real money for it, a lot of it since they came in packs, to get it, IT WAS WORTH IT!

Then after I pay my real money they add huge hideous shoulder pads, Ugly breast smooshing plating, heinous butt flaps, no more cat suites. I want my money back, I feel like I've been robbed with a bait and switch here. Why would BW do this with things people are spending real money for?

Why cant they fire their armor graphic designers and hire some real talent, this game has the unsexiest armor in any MMO I've ever played, and now they changed the two few exceptions to be just as bad after people paid real money for them.

I am so disappoint, I don't feel like playing or buying anything at all from the cartel this new release, even tho I usually spend 100$ or more per. Why would they cheat us this way?
They didn't "change" it. They fixed it. The original appearance did not look like advertised on the pack, so people were complaining about that. Now they fixed it so that it would match the ad on the pack.

AmyBA
01.08.2013 , 10:44 AM | #5
Yea, I am really quite unhappy about the changes. I was so glad to have the white armor for my agent, and to finally have an agent armor that didn't have that stupid skirt thing on the body that all the agent themed armor has, and they go and change it on me. I feel so gypped and screwed over. I didn't buy this set off of the GTN, I got every piece of it from buying cartel packs with real money. Really not cool what they did.

As for changing it to what it looked like on the pack, I could barely even SEE what it looked like on the pack. Using the preview function it was clear what it looked like, no one would be forced to buy it if they didn't like how it looked. They should have just changed the pack icon to match the old look and then added another set that looks like the new appearance instead of screwing over those who bought it based on what it looked like in preview. I can bet there are probably way more people who bought it based on its preview and actual appearance than people who didn't bother looking at the preview and bought it blindly based on icon appearance.

“Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's simply cowardice.”

AdamLKvist
01.08.2013 , 10:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvenn View Post
This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

You Chose Poorly with the decision to change it (fix it, whatever).

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!
Stop saying customer base. You're speaking for yourself and a select few in the forum.

I disagree with your post.
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

iStOnEi
01.08.2013 , 10:44 AM | #7
OMG please change it back... this new looks it TERRIBLE.
- StOnE
< ßalance >
= Prophecy of the Five =

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 10:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvenn View Post
LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON
WHY do you THINK they changed it? it's exactly because they DID listen to the customer base. And customer base was complaining that items did not look like they do on the cartel pack ads, so BioWare has listened and fixed it now. It is now looking as advertised. So original complains > current complaints.

iStOnEi
01.08.2013 , 10:51 AM | #9
There are way more people complaining about the change in both the forums and fleet chat. The people that like the current look are the minority.
- StOnE
< ßalance >
= Prophecy of the Five =

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 10:52 AM | #10
They didnt fix anything, the icon for the gear looked exactly like what the gear looked like on the character, NOW it doesnt match what is advertised. Go look at it in game, they havent changed it yet.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai · Ebon Hawk · Rysari