Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, we wanted a fix for space combat heroics, and we got a nerf?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, we wanted a fix for space combat heroics, and we got a nerf?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MorgothPl
01.08.2013 , 09:48 AM | #1
Nowhere in patch notes is mentioned, that BW fixed the problem with repeatable space heroics. Instead we just got them nerfed.

Right.... great job.

Mistwinter
01.08.2013 , 10:00 AM | #2
It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, because it wasn't fixed by the patch.

In fact, if you check the Customer Service thread, this was added to the "Known Issues" list as of today. That's right: the dozens of posts noting these have been broken since they launched has been added to the known issues list only now, and after the rewards were reduced into the ground.

Honestly, though, nothing surprises me anymore about updates and patches from this company.

JovethGonzalez
01.08.2013 , 10:03 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Nowhere in patch notes is mentioned, that BW fixed the problem with repeatable space heroics. Instead we just got them nerfed.

Right.... great job.
I can actually step in here to explain what happened. Per our development team:

We noticed that the Credit rewards for the new repeatable Heroic Space Missions (the ones you can do as many times as you want per day, not the Dailies) were too great and out of sync with how many credits we expected players to earn on average during normal gameplay. To account for this, rewards for these quests missions have been reduced to bring them more in line with the risk and cost of running Space Missions versus playing through the ground game’s content. We apologize to fans of the new Heroic Space Missions for this oversight and hope that the Credits and Commendations rewarded for the Daily quests are still found desirable enough to overcome the difficulty of these new challenges. Going forward, we will be keeping an active eye on this issue and others like it to make sure players are being rewarded correctly for the amount of effort they put into the game.

MorgothPl
01.08.2013 , 10:04 AM | #4
Well, according to one of BW staffers, this issue was to be fixed in "upcoming patch". As it was mentioned before today's patch, I believed that the fix will be implemented today. But it seems that it was "truth, from the certain point of view"... and "upcoming patch" means anything from now till server closure.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

We noticed that the Credit rewards for the new repeatable Heroic Space Missions (the ones you can do as many times as you want per day, not the Dailies) were too great and out of sync with how many credits we expected players to earn on average during normal gameplay. To account for this, rewards for these quests missions have been reduced to bring them more in line with the risk and cost of running Space Missions versus playing through the ground game’s content. We apologize to fans of the new Heroic Space Missions for this oversight and hope that the Credits and Commendations rewarded for the Daily quests are still found desirable enough to overcome the difficulty of these new challenges. Going forward, we will be keeping an active eye on this issue and others like it to make sure players are being rewarded correctly for the amount of effort they put into the game.
And Joveth, I can understand the nerf... but putting nerf before fix is just not right, especially since those issues were known since those missions saw live servers.

Mistwinter
01.08.2013 , 10:08 AM | #5

Well, that explains the credit reward reduction, thank you for that.

Can you offer any insight as to how much longer until the availability is fixed? These missions were one of the biggest points to 1.6 and this is now two patches leaving them completely broken.

Lostpenguins
01.08.2013 , 10:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Well, according to one of BW staffers, this issue was to be fixed in "upcoming patch". As it was mentioned before today's patch, I believed that the fix will be implemented today. But it seems that it was "truth, from the certain point of view"... and "upcoming patch" means anything from now till server closure.

And Joveth, I can understand the nerf... but putting nerf before fix is just not right, especially since those issues were known since those missions saw live servers.
Honestly, it's not their fault for your assumption. When I see "upcoming patch" I usually believe that means "not the next one, but sometime after that".

As for the nerf, doesn't really affect me... since I can only 2 do of the heroic space missions per week. Wah wah waaaaaahhhh...

Asha-D
01.08.2013 , 10:14 AM | #7
The difference is a fix would probably involve a whole lot of testing, debugging, development, more testing and QA to resolve the issue. Changing how many credits are earned from a quest, could and probably is as easy as an update to a single field in a database. Maybe a Quest_Reward table. I support software myself and we try and keep little things like this ticking over.

Sagon
01.08.2013 , 10:16 AM | #8

Thats so stupid to let people who able to do these over and over get mass credits and new players dont get crap now.

LogicalPremise
01.08.2013 , 10:17 AM | #9

Not really, the credits were the only attractive part of the missing, given then ramped up difficulty. No real reason to play them now.
Majynn - 55 Sith Sorcerer - The Society
Garadan- 53 Sith Juggernaught - VTSU
HARBINGER

Pegg
01.08.2013 , 11:27 AM | #10
Yes, I'm glad they had the time to go ahead and fix all those terrible outfit clipping bugs, and the completely optional resource recharges on the Carbonite chamber and Lifeday orb.

I'm glad that I spent over a month grinding out space missions in order to be able to afford all of the level 7 spaceship upgrades on day 1, only to have them appear on the Cartel Market and flood the GTN at ridiculously cheap prices. Could have saved myself some time there. Thanks for the heads up on that.

I'm also glad that it's been almost a month since 1.6 was implemented and these missions were introduced and I STILL cannot do the weekly operation versions of these missions with any regularity, and that my bug report submissions get the standard "Yeah we know, but we're clueless about what's going on with that so...suck it up." responses.

No wait, I'm not glad. I'm questioning whether or not my entertainment dollars could be better spent each month elsewhere.