Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, change back quick shot FX !

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware, change back quick shot FX !

denisabc
01.07.2013 , 12:10 PM | #1
Quick shot is not an essential ability but as a scoundrel i use it frequently, and to hear that thin, weak sound effect is frustrating.

I loved that desert eagle-like sound, specially when the mob had just a little hp to be finished but not enough to be killed with 1 flurry of bolts, and u used the quick shot and executed them with that agressive sound.

I know ppl will say "they have to worry about more critical bugs" , but i dont think it will compromise the development team just to change this little thing.

Its not critical, but you play a game to see amusing stuff on your screen and hear cool effects on your speakers/phones.

95% of ppl who play as smugglers surely liked the old effect better. The current effect sounds weaker then the "normal attack". Lame

"May the force be... wherever it needs to be."

randiesel
01.07.2013 , 12:33 PM | #2
Almost makes you wonder why they do things the way they do. Who have them approval to put the changes into public release and actually said "yeah, this way is MUCH better".

I still miss the laughs that were audible when Tactical Advantage procced.

It's almost like when you go to the deli and expect you're gonna get a delicious looking sandwich as in ads or magazines and when they serve you is some half***** excuse for a sandwich that looks like they threw the contents together and dumped half a jar of mayo on and called it a job well done.

They must have a different opinion of quality down in Austin than what I'm used to.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

rhakoth
01.07.2013 , 08:50 PM | #3
+1! The first thing I noticed on coming back to my scoundrel was the sound change to Quickshot. The only reason I can think of was that it sounded almost exactly the same as Backblast and people were getting confused thinking they were geting hit with Backblast more often than they really were so they changed it to prebvent Blackbast QQ threads.

The new sound is attrotious and I'm all for the bringing the old sound back =)

denisabc
03.14.2013 , 10:17 PM | #4
bump !

pls bioware.... its not on the pts...it means u didint care abou that. Such a simple change. Come on

"May the force be... wherever it needs to be."

Chiramu
03.20.2013 , 01:55 PM | #5
Yeah, when I do quick shot I have no idea I've done it, it sounds just like my regular attack lol.

Zlug
03.23.2013 , 03:40 PM | #6
I take it that was the shot that made a god awful BOOM when it went off.

I can't believe they removed it, it was the main reason I wanted to roll a gunslinger.

Pheebe
03.29.2013 , 06:40 AM | #7
I never actually heard the old sound as I'm new to the class, but clearly it must have been better than the one now because that is terribly underwhelming D: