Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment question

StJon
12.25.2012 , 08:59 AM | #11
No matter what your stats are you should always go for Willpower / Endurance and heres the hard math bout it

1 Willpower = 0.2 bonus damage + Crit chance (its not a straight line so hard to say)
1 Power = 0.22 bonus damage

Lets use round numbers for easier understanding and comparassion

100 WP = 20 bonus damage + Crit chance
100 power = 22 bonus damage

Now as we are all aware WP is affected by our very own SI buff adding 5% to it so in fact when we add 100 WP we are actually adding 105

100 WP + SI buff = 105 WP = 21 Bonus damage + crit chance

In my case 100 WP gives me about 0.5 crit chance (im at 1900 WP in almost full EWH gear) so your trading 1 bonus damage for 0.5% crit chance
People say "if your crit capped" thats innacurate... as stated before alot of things affect crit chance and all of them have different diminishing returns but personally i beleive you get more damage (and steadier damage) if you go willpower

(both power and WP get affected by SW buff in the same way so it was discarded for this comparassion..altho i agree that adding it would increase the gap a little bit... by 0.05 bonus damage per 100 to be precise)

Zunayson
12.25.2012 , 09:19 AM | #12
Crit rating DR has nothing to do with your crit chance. It has to do with your crit rating. I deductively can prove it:

You're at 10% crit without coordination. That's 5% base, 5% from crit rating. Adding coordination makes it 15%. Without the crit rating, you'd have 10%. If it had a DR, it would be lower than 5%.

I hear main stat increases crit by about .00285 a point or something.... really low. Going for main stat is generally better only for classes that have a 9% buff to it. I'm pretty sure inquisitors don't have any of that. Go power.
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao
Next time you hear about someone getting raped ask them if it was like PvP in an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Cowflab
12.25.2012 , 09:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Crit rating DR has nothing to do with your crit chance. It has to do with your crit rating. I deductively can prove it:

You're at 10% crit without coordination. That's 5% base, 5% from crit rating. Adding coordination makes it 15%. Without the crit rating, you'd have 10%. If it had a DR, it would be lower than 5%.

I hear main stat increases crit by about .00285 a point or something.... really low. Going for main stat is generally better only for classes that have a 9% buff to it. I'm pretty sure inquisitors don't have any of that. Go power.
From a bit of reading I have done, it seems the added crit from willpower is not on the same scale as the crit rating DR. Feel free to correct me if that's inaccurate because it seems a bit like splitting hairs. The bonus damage of power over willpower is pretty minute, so wouldn't it be better to take the stat that adds to both lines? However small it may be.

Reveillere
12.25.2012 , 12:56 PM | #14
theres no cap on crit, always go for willpower.

Omophorus
12.25.2012 , 12:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post

Main stat increases crit by a non-static amount. How much it adds depends on how much you have.

With current stat budgets, all classes (with or without a main stat buff) gain more marginal benefit from 1 point of main stat than 1 point of power, especially once Mark of Power is accounted for.

Power gives .02 more bonus damage per point. Most geared DPS classes have between 500-1200 (depending on gear level, PvE vs PvP, etc.) bonus damage already. The marginal difference of .02 bonus damage on, say, 800 bonus damage is incredibly minute. Discounting Unnatural Might (since it has equal impact for both main stat and power), 18 Willpower adds 3.78 bonus damage, Power adds 4.14. The .36 difference in bonus damage is .045% from an arbitrary starting point of 800 bonus damage.

If a Willpower aug increases your crit chance by .02% (e.g. 30% -> 30.02%) or more you get a larger marginal gain from the Willpower aug than a Power one, if you have 800 bonus damage.

You can figure out on your own pretty quickly how much of a marginal increase in bonus damage you gain from a Power augment instead of a Willpower one based on your own bonus damage, and figure out how small the gain in crit rate has to be to make a smaller contribution than that bonus damage.

There will come a point in the not-too-distant future for Assassin and Marauder DPS where Power augs will be on par with main stat, but we're not there yet.

svenofnine
01.07.2013 , 05:54 PM | #16
Was just wondering what is the hard cap for crit for a deception si? right now fully buffed and stimed I'm at 37% (crit rating 332). I was thinking of dropping some crit for power but just want to make sure i don't lose to much. Also my surge is 77% and I'm sure i can drop some of that. Thanks for the help .
"I'm not a fact I'm a proven fear, Mr. Rogers blocking my U-Haul screaming HEY YOU AIN'T MOVING HERE!!"
GST
PvE Raiding/PVP Guild

Cowflab
01.07.2013 , 07:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by svenofnine View Post
Was just wondering what is the hard cap for crit for a deception si? right now fully buffed and stimed I'm at 37% (crit rating 332). I was thinking of dropping some crit for power but just want to make sure i don't lose to much. Also my surge is 77% and I'm sure i can drop some of that. Thanks for the help .
You'll want to get your crit anywhere between 25-28%(I run close to 26), surge at 75%, rest in pumping up your power.