Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquiz/Consu PvP Sugesstion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Inquiz/Consu PvP Sugesstion

L-RANDLE
01.07.2013 , 05:10 PM | #1
Battle Meditation:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_meditation

The whole point of this class was to "make allies more effective and bewilder enemies", so not having this is a big "shame on you Devs". Presense works in PvE, so we need some form of it in PvP...

Maybe the Cons/Inquiz should get this and top tier talents be tied to them for the Sage/Sorc AC and the shared tree...

I suggest this:

1. Add a it as a baseline talent to the Con/Inquiz class. Maybe a +15% ally heal output & 15% enemy damage debuff(but nerfs, your own healing/damage output), 3 min CD, 30sec duration, 100 Force.

2. Add a top tier talent to the Sage/Sorc healing tree to increase Healing percentage portion.

3. Add a top tier talent to the Sage/Sorc TK/Lite tree to increase Damage percentage portion.

4. Add a top tier talent to the Sage/Sorc & Shadow/Sin BAL/MAD to increase duration.

I know Hutt Cartel is coming, but Sage/Sorc, especially Sage/Sorc DPS, and the BAL/MAD trees for both AC's could use some love now...

Thoughts?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

UGLYMRJ
01.07.2013 , 05:15 PM | #2
Definitely an interesting idea.... but like I've said before... the more complicated it is the more likely they are to break something else... or like 5 other things.

Personally now that I've played a sorc in 50 PvP, I still think survivability is fine and burst is where they hurt. A simple fix I think would be to make shock capable of 4K crits on initial hit and an additional 2k if spec'd into it. Not sure how that would play into lightning tree since I've primarily played madness but it would give sorcs comparable burst to PT's, snipers and marauders.

L-RANDLE
01.07.2013 , 05:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Definitely an interesting idea.... but like I've said before... the more complicated it is the more likely they are to break something else... or like 5 other things.

Personally now that I've played a sorc in 50 PvP, I still think survivability is fine and burst is where they hurt. A simple fix I think would be to make shock capable of 4K crits on initial hit and an additional 2k if spec'd into it. Not sure how that would play into lightning tree since I've primarily played madness but it would give sorcs comparable burst to PT's, snipers and marauders.

Well I am kinda piggy-backing off another thread where Sage/Sorc were asking for stealth... This would not be game breaking, because the percents are too small, even if they had a top tier modifier.

but it also could help burst. I said debuff your own output, but maybe have a smaller "self buff" say 5%/5%.
I just want something in line with the lore that would "help Allies" in PvP. There is no other way to affect group output, and heals has a input(LOL) buff.

Chlomamf
01.07.2013 , 05:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Battle Meditation:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_meditation

The whole point of this class was to "make allies more effective and bewilder enemies", so not having this is a big "shame on you Devs". Presense works in PvE, so we need some form of it in PvP...

Maybe the Sorc/Sage AC should get this and top tier talents be tied to them...

I suggest this:

1. Add a it as a baseline talent to the Sage/Sorc AC. Maybe a +15% ally heal output & 15% enemy damage debuff(but nerfs, your own healing/damage output), 3 min CD, 30sec duration, 100 Force.

2. Add a top tier talent to the healing tree to increase Healing percentage portion.

3. Add a top tier talent to the TK/Lite tree to increase Damage percentage portion.

4. 2. Add a top tier talent to the BAL/MAD to increase duration.

I know Hutt Cartel is coming, but Sage/Sorc, especially DPS could use some love now...

Thoughts?
I don't even know why you wrote 'Iquiz/Cons' for the title as this is obviously directed towards Sorcs/Sages. No mention of Sins/Shadows from what I see.

L-RANDLE
01.07.2013 , 05:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
I don't even know why you wrote 'Iquiz/Cons' for the title as this is obviously directed towards Sorcs/Sages. No mention of Sins/Shadows from what I see.
I started thinking about it and still undecided on our tank spec DPS cousins..... I didn't change the title before I posted....

Technically they should have access as well, just no modifiers on their skill trees because they are "not Masters of the Force"

L-RANDLE
01.07.2013 , 05:33 PM | #6
Fixed...

Chlomamf
01.07.2013 , 05:34 PM | #7
I started thinking about it and still undecided on our tank spec DPS cousins..... I didn't change the title before I posted....

Technically they should have access as well, just no modifiers on their skill trees because they are "not Masters of the Force"
Well the fact that we can turn completely invisible would sorta show we have knowledge of the force.

UGLYMRJ
01.07.2013 , 05:34 PM | #8
Well I am kinda piggy-backing off another thread where Sage/Sorc were asking for stealth... This would not be game breaking, because the percents are too small, even if they had a top tier modifier.
While I can't agree or disagree... would be hard to say what it would really do to the game unless tested. I just simply go for simple. They would surely break something if they tried to implement this.

And I didn't even open the other thread when I read the title... just reading the nonsense in the title made it very clear that the thread was more infraction points waiting to happen.

L-RANDLE
01.07.2013 , 05:36 PM | #9
Well the fact that we can turn completely invisible would sorta show we have knowledge of the force.
Yeah, that's why Balance/Mad Tree shared modifier would suffice, as long as it is top tier. I don't know many Shad/Sins full speccing that tree...

L-RANDLE
01.07.2013 , 05:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
And I didn't even open the other thread when I read the title... just reading the nonsense in the title made it very clear that the thread was more infraction points waiting to happen.

Did it almost hook you?