Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What you like to see in the new Ops

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bsbrad
01.07.2013 , 02:21 PM | #21
How about making it so the mechanics of the boss change thereby it isn't just a memory check of click this, dodge this AOE, tank swap etc...

This would keep everyone on their toes and mean that people need to learn the fights for themselves and not just run tried and tested strategies. As once you have the pattern memorized it is just rinse and repeat and then becomes a dps check.

I also agree that the boss mechanics need to be that everyone has to do something unique and not just sticking to their rotation. Obviously the bosses will have to be tuned differently for this.

Also allowing us to interrupt the bosses would be nice, say give them 8-10 hard hitting channeled abilities and the party must decide which of the 2 that they are going to get hit with. There are too many ppl who still dont know how to use their interrupts and end up getting carried by other people

sithgreyguard
01.07.2013 , 02:36 PM | #22
1.No difficult Puzzles.

2. An Op with Sith history would be cool.

wetslampigduex
01.07.2013 , 02:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by theblaznee View Post
A "hub and spoke" raid of 6-10 bosses.. Minimal but challenging trash leading to 2-4 bossfights pr. "spoke".

Crafting encounters.

More fights requiring awareness and class abilities instead of hard dps checks and simple tank swaps.
i like this idea, however adding to it maybe in certain parts of the operation the raid is forced to split up and get things done in a certain amount of time. 4 one way and 4 the other each group fights a mini boss's(also add linking mechanics where say if the interrupt is missed on "x" ability on one boss than the other boss would produce some god awful raid wide aoe) then is forced to split yet again to 2's. If you don't complete the tasks it adds buffs and such to the final boss or maybe even just buffed trash on the way to the final encounter.

deljavimlg
01.07.2013 , 02:48 PM | #24
i hope that bioware doesnt read the forums.

Gordoma
01.07.2013 , 02:51 PM | #25
when the new "super secret" space project is completed it would be fun to have it incorporated into the ops. For example a big (optional) space battle in the beginning were the entire operations group is fighting to board a ship/ space station.
May the Force be with you

KarethRiker
01.07.2013 , 03:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Infalliable View Post
speeders that actually take you to a boss, rather than to a point after the previous one with a long run back to the next one.

A "medic station" to rez inside of the instances (at the start?).
Huge yes to this! Less time wasted means more time actually playing the game for my guild
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Ashesunei
01.07.2013 , 03:14 PM | #27
Both of these were mentioned, but I'll add my vote/comments to them.

1) The Hub-Spoke raid with tied in Flashpoints. IE, A BIG Raid. Where you can 'finish' one part, move on to the next.
(And I hate using this since it's quoting another game, but Uldaar for example).

2) "Alternate Gear". Why is the Top PVE gear only the set gear? Make the mobs 'useful' in ops, and have a gear alternates that drop as semi rare randoms from them.

3) EPIC Loot items. Same idea as above, but entire quest lines to get them. And I'm not talking easy. These should be the BIS slot that anyone can get, but they need drops from OPS, Flashpoints, and maybe even PVP to get them. And not even 1 OP run, but lets say 20 runs just to get that one mat.

KarethRiker
01.07.2013 , 03:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
[*] New Flashpoints. I may not be a "take vacation time to raid 18 hours a day" progression raider, but I'm fairly serious and in a fairly serious group. Despite this fact, I don't want to see *just* 8/16 man raids going forward. I still believe that LI HM is some of the best content in the game. The fact that even radically over-geared groups are under serious threat of wiping *repeatedly* on its bosses is a testament to how well-designed the mechanics are. The rewards are disproportionate, but who cares? We don't spend all our time raiding with an ops group. More 4 man content of this caliber would be *very much* appreciated. If I could get a flashpoint at the challenge level of LI HM but tuned for augmented Dread Guard rather than Tionese gear, I would be *begging* Bioware to take my Cartel Coins.[*] Less "Side Show" Story Themes. With the launch of Makeb, I have very little hope for this one. Did you know that the Dread Guard were the first ops bosses to use a lightsaber? (I don't count the Infernal Council as a real boss) So much for Star Wars… I want to walk into the next operation and be fighting a pitched battle against the Empire. When I walk into the same op on my Imp alts, I want to be fighting the Republic. Same bosses, same mechanics, just reskin everything. Red lightsabers instead of blue/green.

Love these two

KarethRiker
01.07.2013 , 03:25 PM | #29
Two ideas for bosses:

1) Just a flat out a massive army attacking. With tanks having to blow their AOE taunts, this would get pretty hairy. Kind of like the pull between Operator and Kephess, but more adds coming in constant waves.

2) A team up encounter where your party of 8 or 16 has to team up (maybe even go down separate paths) to beat a set of enemies. Could even be like a mini Council/Dreadguard fight, but teams of two. Should be different ways of beating each boss based on the two roles that pair up. Another way to do this would be more like a council but where the enemies change abilities in the middle of the fight causing all players to have to figure out who to attack next and how to switch.

But in general I'd like to see more fights against people with lightsabers, Bounty Hunters or humanoid aliens. Jarg/Sorno, Dreadguards really stand out as classic Star Wars fights.

bsbrad
01.07.2013 , 04:06 PM | #30
I like the idea of team up. I thought Bioware could of made the TfB Operation be a mixed team of pubs and empire to make the players on either side start getting to know each other and to add variety.

As you are going against a common enemy there is no reason why (even in the midst of war) can two enemies not form up to fight a bigger enemy. Maybe make this a group finder Op where 4 imps and 4 pubs have to queue up. Obviously having voice chat in the game would make this smoother but I still think they missed an opportunity here.