Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alacrity cap?

darthgamer
12.25.2012 , 09:38 PM | #1
I know we got a crit cap just curious about alacrity thinking about goofing off with lightning
Squadron 11-11-11

Quantemoq
12.31.2012 , 03:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by darthgamer View Post
I know we got a crit cap just curious about alacrity thinking about goofing off with lightning
http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/03/a...to-mediocrity/
there you go.
it has dr but no real hardcap like surge

Edonidd
12.31.2012 , 05:21 PM | #3
I played around with min maxing a bit and the best I could easily do was around 15% alacrity. Which actually sounds pretty good. 4.5 tenths of a second off each force lightning. Means I can cast 4 force lightnings and a shock in the same amount or time everyone else can cast 4 force lightnings.

The problem is, alacrity doesn't actually help all that much in PvP as OT pretty much only affects sustained DPS, doesn't really change burst damage all that much. Plus Lightning spec still has long cast times, just because they aren't AS long, doesn't mean it's not still broken. And Madness you don't save a full GCD until you cast 4 force lightnings, so anything less than that you haven't really changed anything at all. And instant cast abilities are not affected at all. Since my madness spec has 8 abilities I use regularly (Shock, Force Lightning, Affliction, Creeping Terror, wrath proc'd Crushing Darkness, Deathfield, self instant heal, and static barrier) and only one of them is affected by alacrity at all in any way.

Force Lightning may be the single biggest contributor to my damage, but choosing between items that have surge, crit, and alacrity I'm going to choose the ones that affect all of my abilities. Well most of them. I'm still waiting to crit on static barrier of force speed.

Vladnar
01.02.2013 , 01:01 PM | #4
GET RID OF ALL YOUR ALACRITY, the difference is minimal and you are wasting damage or healing potential. Next you'll be saying you want accuracy to ensure your heals don't miss......NO this is not true.

Willpower, Power, Crit and expertise after willpower if pvp....your lumbered with endurance anyway, want it or not.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Quantemoq
01.03.2013 , 06:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vladnar View Post
GET RID OF ALL YOUR ALACRITY, the difference is minimal and you are wasting damage or healing potential. Next you'll be saying you want accuracy to ensure your heals don't miss......NO this is not true.

Willpower, Power, Crit and expertise after willpower if pvp....your lumbered with endurance anyway, want it or not.
neither willpower, nor power nor crit ,nor expertise, nor endurance is exchangebale 1:1 for alacrity. (with the excption of relics and augments but everyone takes the powerrelics and mainstat augments there anyway)

alacrity is only exchangeable for surge or accuracy.

so once you have 300 surge you go for alacrity instead (maybe even earlier).

(also force lightning is 40% of madness damage . and the dots are only 20%)

PS: Of course "IF" alacrity would be replaceable by willpower etc. you would take it.

Vladnar
01.05.2013 , 10:42 AM | #6
hmmm i have virtually no alacrity in pve or pvp and don't need find...theres ways and means and thats for you to find my friend....theres always ways and means
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

SoonerJBD
01.05.2013 , 10:59 AM | #7

Why is there always some bad who tries to argue against alacrity?

The theorycrafting on this is absolutely clear. You need alacrity as either a DPS or healing sorc. The way the itemization works, all pieces come with either surge, accuracy or alacrity. We don't need accuracy, and surge has a severe DR curve after around 300. So stack alacrity once your surge is at 300 and be happy with your faster force lightning and heals.

SoonerJBD
01.05.2013 , 11:00 AM | #8
hmmm i have virtually no alacrity in pve or pvp and don't need find...theres ways and means and thats for you to find my friend....theres always ways and means
Just... no.

Diablo_Cow
01.07.2013 , 10:04 AM | #9
Get your alacrity to around 8% percent and you will be fine. The tooltip will show a difference in vast times between 8% And 10% however the cast time will still take the same amount of time. For example, when my sorcerer is a Lightning DPS, force lightning takes 2.7 seconds (without polarity shift, lightning barrage and the 4 item set bonus) to cast at 10%. Wheny alacrity is at 8% it still takes 2.7 seconds to cast even though there is a difference on te tool tip. When my sorcerer is healing, the alacrity stays the same but I lose those nifty procs.

AdmiralParmesan
01.10.2013 , 03:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Why is there always some bad who tries to argue against alacrity?

The theorycrafting on this is absolutely clear. You need alacrity as either a DPS or healing sorc. The way the itemization works, all pieces come with either surge, accuracy or alacrity. We don't need accuracy, and surge has a severe DR curve after around 300. So stack alacrity once your surge is at 300 and be happy with your faster force lightning and heals.
Shame there isn't a like button on here
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-