Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lodestone: A Wynston/Ruth Alternate Universe

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Lodestone: A Wynston/Ruth Alternate Universe

Estelindis
01.06.2013 , 02:26 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I...must be quiet on most of the rest of this for now
I know, because dramatic tension and stuff, but all the same...

Pleeeeeeeeeeease, Bright!

bright_ephemera
01.06.2013 , 03:21 PM | #142
L + 15 years 36 days, part 3: Exodus

Spoiler

L + 15 years 36 days, part 4: On the offensive
Spoiler

L + 15 years 36 days, part 5: Torn
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
01.06.2013 , 04:27 PM | #143
L + 15 years 36 days, part 6: Finding the Voice
Spoiler

L + 15 years 36 days, part 7: About a boy

Spoiler

L + 15 years 36 days, part 8: Patching
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
01.06.2013 , 06:03 PM | #144
Quote:
She rounded the curve and instead found Wynston lying flat on his back.
*gasp*

Mmmm...Cole *worries*

And buh...Doc...oh the best side of Doc...good stuff
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
01.06.2013 , 06:15 PM | #145
Quote:
Larr Gith gave her a long look. She was still a scared muddle. On an impulse Ruth looked down at the dark-haired man the Jedi was defending. "Huh. He's cute."

That finally dropped something into place over Larr Gith's raw uncertainty. She made a small squeaking laugh and suddenly flung the Voice's attack aside. "Yeah," she said. "You should see him when he's conscious."
I know they're not but *GIRLFRIENDPOWER*

and OMG DOC I LOVE YOU BEING YOU.

<3

Estelindis
01.06.2013 , 06:35 PM | #146
Argh! Events! Drama! I'm on the edge of my seat.

bright_ephemera
01.07.2013 , 09:55 AM | #147
Text. Wall. (3900 words in today's story section.)

L + 15 years 36 days, parts 9-end: Guardian

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
01.07.2013 , 10:26 AM | #148
At least Quinn wasn't stupid. I guess.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

iamthehoyden
01.07.2013 , 10:39 AM | #149
Reactions written down as I was reading...forgive the excessive use of exclamation points. I think I have a problem.
Quote:
"Don't do this," said Quinn.

"I have to."

"You don't. You can fight this, it's an unjust command, you don't have to obey."
Omg, Quinn and Colrand...I just. My stomach in knots. Quinn saying something is an "unjust command." Only took you, what, seventeen years and a mind-controlled son to figure that out?!?!
Quote:
"So. You win." He pointed a finger toward Colrand and, beyond that, the Emperor's room. "Get it…right this time."
And then Wynston...omg Wynston you'd better not die.
Quote:
"Agent," he said bitterly, "I don't care how you die."

Then he walked away.
QUINNNNN!!! YOU LEFT WYNSTON TO DIE?!?!?!?!?! OMG DIAFF YOU MONSTER!!!
Quote:
But the man who rounded the corner at a sprint was Quinn, followed by a desperately fatigued-looking Doc.
....okay, hold up on the die in a fire order....for a moment...
Quote:
"Aw, I've fixed up worse. I'll tell you all about it when we're all comfortable, intact, and very far away from here."
Doc, just for being un-BELIEVABLY awesome, I will someday make a jk that will want to stay with you rather than Scourge. Somehow. You deserve it, man.
Quote:
"Forgiven. Anything else is your call."
Wynston, you amazing amazing man. Ugh I love him.

..omg...they're all alive. <3 Bright!!! They're all alive!!! Yayyyy!!!!!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
01.07.2013 , 11:10 AM | #150
So good bright!!!!!!
Many favorites from this <3
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Scourge growled and charged the Emperor himself. Larr Gith activated her saber but looked to Ruth. "Got this, mama?"
once again GIRLFRIENDPOWER I don't even care Ruth and Gith! it's a thing in my head they will save the universe together.

Quote:
"No more distractions, Ruth," he bellowed as he raised his saber and charged her son.

"No!" shrieked Ruth. The Force wave emanating from her shoved the boy with impressive power toward the open exit, far out of reach. She turned to Scourge with flashing eyes. "I'll go with you."

And she'd best keep her focus. Scourge snarled at her briefly and they ran back side by side to join Larr Gith against the big shadow figure.
mmm... Scourge.... So him. Exactly the delay he would not put up with and exactly what he would do. If you need someone for necessary backstabbing he's your man.

Quote:
"Don't do this," said Quinn.

"I have to."

"You don't. You can fight this, it's an unjust command, you don't have to obey."
but but... he has no CHOICE, Quinn. ahahahaha suck it.

Quote:
"Be careful," Larr Gith's presence cried.

"Burn him," urged Lord Scourge. "Burn him to ash."
This is my favorite image of anything ever. It was the thing that made me like Larr Gith despite her being the worst Jedi stereotype gone wrong... and of course obligatory "Scourge mmmm"

Quote:
Quinn, no more than bruised, drew himself up straight immediately. Wynston slumped to the floor, wrapping an arm tightly around himself. He coughed hard, several times; blood from reopened wounds started slowly soaking through his thin shirt. He sat gasping for a few moments before he met Quinn's eyes and said "You'd think…you'd never had to…incapacitate…a Sith before."
*snerk*

Quote:
She sensed the Force battle when it started and she stiffened. That would be the deciding factor. She could only watch her friend's back.
Jaesa was really watching real Sith-wives of Dromund Kaas so she did not notice the moderately important Colerand/Quinn/Wynston fight... or maybe she was watching for guards outside the ring... but I like my version better.

Quote:
Doc whistled. "You carry this much synthplasma around in your field kit? Exactly how much bleeding goes on in your average workday?"

"Use it or don't," Quinn snapped. He returned to his pack, which beneath the two hastily thrown-in bags was immaculately organized, pulled out some supplies of his own, and turned his attention to Colrand.
I love this almost as much as their encounter in NDOW:ComicCon

Quote:
Doc complied, and then finally rocked back on his heels. "And that, my friend, will get you to a kolto tank." He stood and gave Larr Gith an oddly nervous look. "Princess, it's been real exciting catching up. I, uh, I'm thinking of going home and sleeping for a year or ten, but you should call me sometime."

She smiled. "What's your hurry? I'll walk you home."
I love you Doc, in a "You are skeezy-but-silly" kind of way.

Quote:
Quinn and Colrand stood together while Ruth moved to Wynston's side. She looked up at the soldier and her son.
Oooooh just a 'soldier' now hmmm? Good Ruth ... smart Ruth... *pats Ruth* OW ok... I'll stop.

Quote:
"No question of that." Quinn and Colrand exchanged identical looks and identical smiles, weary but warm.
d'awww

Quote:
Her eyes stung. "Let's get you back to the ship," she said hoarsely. She scooped him up once more and let him drape his arms around her neck. "I love you," she said as she walked.

He rested his head on her shoulder. "Again."

"I love you. I love you, and I'm sorry."

"Just the first part."

"I love you," she repeated, and he didn't seem to get tired of it, all the way back to the ship.
double d'aaaaaaaaw (also imagery of this is fantastic and only not absurd because BT1 )

Quote:
Notes~
But Wynston makes Ruth happy. Quinn can't be there for her anymore; Wynston can and is plainly willing to sacrifice to do it. Oh, plus the smallest chance of Ruth or Cole ever discovering Quinn had a hand in Wynston's death would screw him over. Hard.
And the best part? Quinn figures out how not to be a bastard and the person he saves? WYNSTON. <3

Great story, bright. Loved it top to bottom even though it stabbed me in the gut and made me angry on too many occasions to count.