Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

Brimmer
01.06.2013 , 08:33 PM | #151
lookie what I found.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nasja View Post
I have seen most of the flashpoints. I prefer not to skip mobs or text however I will skip when others are politely asking to skip. However, if I spot someone being rude who thinks he / she can boss me around telling me to spacebar / mount up / skip npc's etc. I purposely never spacebar, engage every mob just to make them angry and have a lot of enjoyment doing that for obvious reasons. Hatetells are one of the best forms of entertainment after all.

But to find a solution to this problem... Would people get behind the idea that if say... on Rp servers the spacebar wouldn't work in the flashpoints and the detection range of npc's is higher on those servers? So you can't skip anything and are forced to interact with the playing environment including text?
You're a troll, you said it yourself.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

basketballbum
01.06.2013 , 08:56 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
I though my point was settled a while ago...

For the Elitist's who keep posting on here:

I get where you are coming from. I understand you have done the quests a bunch of times. but there is NO NEED to rip on others who dont play up to YOUR standards. everyone is different.

FOR EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE STORY/SPACEBAR

i like watching the story. i dont care if its over and over. I ran Black Talon on my new sorcerer about 7 times last night. know what? i didnt not use the space bar. why? because no matter how many time i play through it i choose different dialogue options and see what outcomes i get.

Put it this way: If the story is there, why not view it? I'll skip a convo if i want to skip a convo. no one owns me or tells me how to play. Ill figure it out. i take advice. i may not use it, but i thank people for it anyway.

If im out there to please the Elitist, then ill skip enemies and convos. but if i come across those of you who are Elitists, i will make it my goal to make your FP run as hard on you as possible.

after all, you do indeed, deserve it

<3
If this is your attitude then that's fine, it's your subscription money. That being said if the other 3 subscribers decide to vote kick you because in their mind you are wasting their time/money you don't really have any ground to stand on. I sympathized with you in your original post but after this one it makes you really come across as whining about the pugs you are grouped with. You can't complain because they didn't cater to your needs. As many people have already said in the FPS majority rules and if you get vote kicked for something like not spacebarring you will just have to try to find a group that fits your play style and not come to the forums complaining because majority of people in your group wanted to play differently. Many here are just trying to offer suggestions so you don't get vote kicked as much but it appears as that was never the purpose of your thread. The purpose of this thread seems to be to simply complain because people aren't playing the way you want them to in FPS.
Your ability to speak does not make you intelligent

Dacce
01.06.2013 , 09:07 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
This game has only been out for a year, therefore one must assume anyone with a Level-50 character must by nature be a lifeless-basement dwelling child.

It is impossible that adults with limited play time could have made a Level 50, have limited time to play, and do not want to sit through the exact same dialog trees day after day after day.

Simply, impossible.

The problem is obviously with everyone else.
Here I have 1 Internets for you.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Banegio
01.06.2013 , 09:36 PM | #154
delete

DSpectre
01.06.2013 , 10:50 PM | #155
I took the advice from everyone here about hard mode flashpoints. That's done

Do of course the last thing I need to address is people's temperament towards other people who don't comply with elitist behaviors. I do one thing wrong, I'll apologize and they immediately mouth me off. It's dumb. No one can take a simple apology. To elitists, I control everything, all factors, all outcomes. Someone with that mentality I don't enjoy being around. I can control everything that happens, so blame is misplaced.

Of course I'm gonna stay because I want to finish the flashpoint.

I hate being blamed for things I didn't do or had no control. I hate being ripped at for minor inconveniences that takes maybe 6 seconds to fix. I hate asking for help and not getting it. I hate asking for help and later getting blamed for not asking.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

-IceHawk-
01.06.2013 , 10:50 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
Here I have 1 Internets for you.
I love these things.

OP:
You have taken what could have been a primarily positive thread and turned it into something quite different. There are elitist players on the servers...ironically, they get vote-kicked just as quickly as the trolls.

As has been explained to you numerous times, the Hardmode Flashpoints carry their own set of Standard Operating Procedures and Social Rules.

The people you indefatigably deride as the so-called Elitists are nothing more than your average veteran player. Most would have no issue with someone who stated their inexperience or preferences right up front.

Your concern is a desire to attack as supposed segment of the player population thereby validating your actions, because you were (rightfully) vote-kicked from a HM.

Learn the rules and acclimate.
The faster you do it the more fun you have.

Brimmer
01.06.2013 , 10:55 PM | #157

Do of course the last thing I need to address is people's temperament towards other people who don't comply with elitist behaviors. I do one thing wrong, I'll apologize and they immediately mouth me off. It's dumb. No one can take a simple apology. To elitists, I control everything, all factors, all outcomes. Someone with that mentality I don't enjoy being around. I can control everything that happens, so blame is misplaced.

I hate being blamed for things I didn't do or had no control. I hate being ripped at for minor inconveniences that takes maybe 6 seconds to fix. I hate asking for help and not getting it. I hate asking for help and later getting blamed for not asking.
You should roll republic. I find the Imperial faction tends to invite a larger quantity of immature people. Though you'll get the bad apples on both sides. Just be respectful and if there is drama /ignore is your friend.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Joluka
01.06.2013 , 11:03 PM | #158
Hi! I totally agree on the part about people being jerks in not wanting to help you kill what you accidentally pulled. Repairs are no excuse if they claim to be the Super Elite of All Time players, they can surely take down those mobs you pulled in 15-20 seconds. On the spacebar thing, I am a subscriber since first day of early access and I've been actively playing every week. I admit, I have asked (keyword here elite people) *NICELY* to skip every conversation I don't want to watch or don't have time for but I have only asked people whom I play with that I am very close to in real life. When I play in PuG's I usually skip the very first conversation and if I see that I have to wait for the other players' responses I decide to watch the cutscenes because the acting in this game is honestly very well done. However, as I learned in what, kindergarten, "Treat others as you want to be treated." So to stay true to that, if I see a person who just screams Bloody Mary "SPACEBARRRRR!!! SPACEBARRR, NOOBZZ, WE DON'T HAVE THIS CRAP ON WoW!" Or something to that effect, I don't answer his message and just keep on watching the cutscenes unless another member replies in accordance to his rude request. I do NOT do what he says because I want to make his life miserable, but if someone else is disregarding him I'm not going to miss my chance to hear my toon speak, after all, the expansion isn't out yet and I love the way my scoundrel delivers her lines!

When someone in my group accidentally pulls something I go and help them. Simple as that. Then I tell them to just follow me close since I know all the fights and skips and whatever, but I don't rage at them and vote kick them. I think that's kind of impatient and slightly dumb unless the person is pulling on purpose multiple times. if he/she DID NOT TELL US BEFORE THE RUN BEGAN that he/she wanted/needed a full run.

All in all, I have five level 50's and I am very happy to help you should you ever need assistance for I am on your server. Just hit me up! Also, please don't try to make people's lives miserable because in the end they're just there to have fun just like you and I. Even if they are inconsiderate sometimes :P

May the Force be with you!
Qanon Conrad, the Scoundrel Darth Aderius, the Juggernaut
Master Aryanna Conrad, the Sentinel Darth Dementius, the Assassin Jovae Conrad, the Mercenary

basketballbum
01.06.2013 , 11:06 PM | #159

I hate to say it but there are always going to be people out there that blame other people whether it's their fault or not. I'm just questioning this thread now because it's turning into two sides just saying the same stuff in different ways with no ones views changing, just insults being thrown out. As far as in game all you can do is /ignore the people that you don't enjoy playing with, friend the ones you do and try to form groups with them and let the chips fall where they may and that goes for everyone that plays this game.
Your ability to speak does not make you intelligent

DSpectre
01.07.2013 , 12:04 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Joluka View Post
Hi! I totally agree on the part about people being jerks in not wanting to help you kill what you accidentally pulled. Repairs are no excuse if they claim to be the Super Elite of All Time players, they can surely take down those mobs you pulled in 15-20 seconds. On the spacebar thing, I am a subscriber since first day of early access and I've been actively playing every week. I admit, I have asked (keyword here elite people) *NICELY* to skip every conversation I don't want to watch or don't have time for but I have only asked people whom I play with that I am very close to in real life. When I play in PuG's I usually skip the very first conversation and if I see that I have to wait for the other players' responses I decide to watch the cutscenes because the acting in this game is honestly very well done. However, as I learned in what, kindergarten, "Treat others as you want to be treated." So to stay true to that, if I see a person who just screams Bloody Mary "SPACEBARRRRR!!! SPACEBARRR, NOOBZZ, WE DON'T HAVE THIS CRAP ON WoW!" Or something to that effect, I don't answer his message and just keep on watching the cutscenes unless another member replies in accordance to his rude request. I do NOT do what he says because I want to make his life miserable, but if someone else is disregarding him I'm not going to miss my chance to hear my toon speak, after all, the expansion isn't out yet and I love the way my scoundrel delivers her lines!

When someone in my group accidentally pulls something I go and help them. Simple as that. Then I tell them to just follow me close since I know all the fights and skips and whatever, but I don't rage at them and vote kick them. I think that's kind of impatient and slightly dumb unless the person is pulling on purpose multiple times. if he/she DID NOT TELL US BEFORE THE RUN BEGAN that he/she wanted/needed a full run.

All in all, I have five level 50's and I am very happy to help you should you ever need assistance for I am on your server. Just hit me up! Also, please don't try to make people's lives miserable because in the end they're just there to have fun just like you and I. Even if they are inconsiderate sometimes :P

May the Force be with you!
My point exactly! If people ask nicely, ill be more co=operative. if people immediately scream to mash the spacebar, no im not gonna. you can wait. Irritability isnt my problem.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan