Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

Cowflab
01.02.2013 , 08:49 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
don't use dps proc relics in pvp they are completely outclassed by the pure power ones. use 2 boundless ages relics for dps.
Has anyone tested how often they proc as a benchmark? I'm not disagreeing, just curious.

DarthMaulUK
01.05.2013 , 02:39 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
Has anyone tested how often they proc as a benchmark? I'm not disagreeing, just curious.
Not yet but either way, they wont offer the same sustained power as using normal EWH relics. Its just not worth it for a few seconds buff
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

EatenByDistance
01.05.2013 , 07:15 PM | #203
for those who missed it (i.e. probably everyone not on my server and then some) I did an impromptu steaming marathon last night with some friends. No commentary (tried in the beginning, was way too distracted) but hey, you still get my eclectic music tastes for six hours!

When not trolling I consider myself a very modest person, but if I do say so myself there is some absolutely monstrous assassining on display here. I may do some voiceovers on certain parts in the near future but you can/hopefully infer a lot of my strategy and ideas by watching what I have right now.

It is nearly six hours, but I promise its very much worth it to watch even a little. There isn't a long wait between queue pops and I barely did any node guarding. Also the chat might be fun to read huehuehue

http://www.twitch.tv/wifileague/b/354160869
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

Cowflab
01.05.2013 , 07:15 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Not yet but either way, they wont offer the same sustained power as using normal EWH relics. Its just not worth it for a few seconds buff
I have the black hole pve relic. I'll do some testing on a target dummy. You're right that it probably won't add to sustained dps but it could help in burst situations. I'll let you know how it goes.

iesnbold
01.05.2013 , 08:41 PM | #205
I get a ***** every time they break low slash.

Xerain
01.06.2013 , 03:43 AM | #206
Why is your expertise so low?

EatenByDistance
01.06.2013 , 04:48 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Why is your expertise so low?
I prefer the massive increase in mainstat over the PvP armorings. After a lot of experimentation I have found that it simply works better for me, regardless of my enemies' expertise ratings. It is personal preference, but I can with absolute certainty that I always do best when it is so "low."

I wouldn't go much lower than 1150 though, for dps assassin anyways.

ALSO I UPDATED MY ARMORY SO CHECK IT OUT

also I posted a thread in 4 subforums yesterday (this one, shadow subforum, PvP subforum, and The Bastion's subforum) about why DPS assassins can be good in rateds. Has some important points that relate to the class as a whole and how you should play it in PvP so I strongly suggest reading it. I will add its 2300-word content to this guide once the actual threads die out.
Watch my stream!
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

Xerain
01.06.2013 , 05:47 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
I prefer the massive increase in mainstat over the PvP armorings. After a lot of experimentation I have found that it simply works better for me, regardless of my enemies' expertise ratings. It is personal preference, but I can with absolute certainty that I always do best when it is so "low."

I wouldn't go much lower than 1150 though, for dps assassin anyways.

ALSO I UPDATED MY ARMORY SO CHECK IT OUT

also I posted a thread in 4 subforums yesterday (this one, shadow subforum, PvP subforum, and The Bastion's subforum) about why DPS assassins can be good in rateds. Has some important points that relate to the class as a whole and how you should play it in PvP so I strongly suggest reading it. I will add its 2300-word content to this guide once the actual threads die out.
I read your 4 pillars of assassin dps post, how I was lead here so I read your post. Pretty good read and very informative. Ty for posting it as I didn't feel like searching for these guides and i'm always downt o learn more about playing classes I like.

Don't you feel you're a little too squishy though without the insulation talent and so low of expertise? You're in like medium armor with the procs up blackout is a good defensive cd but I feel the whole 24 seconds of up time only really shines in a 1v1 situation and you have to blow quite a few cool downs for it.

EatenByDistance
01.06.2013 , 08:12 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Don't you feel you're a little too squishy though without the insulation talent and so low of expertise? You're in like medium armor with the procs up blackout is a good defensive cd but I feel the whole 24 seconds of up time only really shines in a 1v1 situation and you have to blow quite a few cool downs for it.
nope.
Watch my stream!

RankorSSGS
01.06.2013 , 08:22 PM | #210
I do not know when you started playing your assassin Xerain, but I know that people who have been playing the class for a long time, such as Waka, Shin, and myself, are used to the spec being even squishier. Those of us who stubbornly clung to Decep builds pre 1.4 played the squishiest class in the game bar none. It was basically a melee sorc without the bubble. When we got buffed in 1.4, we held on to the tricks that we learned from the old days. Playing smartly can really reduce the damage you take. There are days when I feel like a full tank playing this build when I compare to what it used to be. And there are times where I'm a solo defender against 4-5 enemies, and while I do die, I surprise even myself how long it takes me to go down. If you have not watched Shin's latest Acumen video, I highly recommend it, as she talks about some good tricks to keep yourself safe.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion