Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jugg tank PvE endgame gear question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jugg tank PvE endgame gear question

grallmate
01.06.2013 , 02:54 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
AAs i said - i dont do operations, as i am not guilded - and as Kitru smartly noted, i'm 'overgeared' for the content i do - yes, but the gear didn't fall from heaven on me, i did this with rakata too. I'm happy if me and my team completes FP, my friend Healer is happy with me and this is what matters to me.
This is the important bit. Almost all the theory crafting and optimization that we do is for Ops level content that you don't over gear. This is where things like using the right set bonus and properly weighting your stats are important. In these instances you can't leap around the DPS safely and DPS won't be standing next to you for the same reason: cleaves.

Honestly, even in Rakata you could run most HM FPs without a tank. They are only tuned for Tionese and even then, they simply aren't that brutal that messing up your stats or using the wrong set bonus will kill you.

What it really comes down to is: this works in HM FPs but no one cares about those. It simply won't work in Ops which is what most people here are concerned with.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]