Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon Under Siege final boss - hard mode

wargonglok
01.05.2013 , 06:39 PM | #11
here is how i do it:

for names and easyness

the one that commands is #1
knockdowner is #2
attacker is #3

kill #3 first, the #1 and #2 do low damage

now 2/3rds fo the damage incoming are done, kill #2 that way no one gets knockdowned, this lets you kill #1 faster

recap: damager first, then knockdowner, then commander
Sniper, 'nough said

Hovergame
01.05.2013 , 07:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Codle View Post
From a healer;

Please kill the commander first. The big one's pin is genuinely a breeze to heal through, and I prefer to have the tank be in control of aggro so it's not on me. I commonly get targetted by the two adds (if you can call them that) and it's just annoying.

So yeah, Commander, then the Hulk, then the tiny one.

THANK YOU
This is probably the worst order ever. One year ago, when we were tanking with 16-17K HP, this order was simply asking "let's wipe please"

Pubsam
01.06.2013 , 11:49 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
While it doesn't really matter to me what kill order is used, the one thing that *always* perturbs me is when someone runs up to the upper platforms: inevitably, they'll be the one called out resulting in the 2 untauntable bosses running all the way up there (and potentially back down if the rail person isn't inept and knows to take the fall before they're jumped and pinned) which splits the group up and cuts down on the damage the group is throwing out (even if you're burning the center boss first, it still reduces damage output because you're not benefiting from incidental AoE).
I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think incidental AOE damage outweighs the DPS saved from no DPS getting pinned at all. Particularly if you're in a PUG, no pins on a non-tank can make this fight go a lot smoother.

That said, no one (except maybe a healer) should be kiting these guys. DPS should stand on the railings and be smart about it, i.e. jump down before they're pinned, and then go stand on the tank so the mobs head back there. A DPS running around doing little damage might as well get himself pinned and prevent some chaos. And of course with melee DPS a pinning should just be expected.
Time for a nap.

mikebevo
01.06.2013 , 12:07 PM | #14
Kill the pin one...the order does not really matter, but I hate being a healer watching health bars go down and there is nothing I can do about it because I am pinned. If all pug dps used defensive cooldowns, it would be no big deal, but the only thing important to some is a high dps number.

Kitru
01.06.2013 , 01:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pubsam View Post
I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think incidental AOE damage outweighs the DPS saved from no DPS getting pinned at all. Particularly if you're in a PUG, no pins on a non-tank can make this fight go a lot smoother.
The problem is that you only get the no-pin when the people on the rail all know what they're doing. Most RDPS and healers, especially in PuGs, get pretty oblivious concerning enemies that they are not target and move out of their direct line of sight (which is what happens with the untauntables when you're on the rail). The rail-drop strat works great for coordinated guild groups that don't really need the extra help, but, for most pugs, they'll just end up screwing it up because they weren't paying attention. It's a risk/reward thing: you're risking the group splitting up and lowering tangential AoE on the off chance that the people on the rail will actually pay attention and drop before they get pinned. A vast majority of the time the risk outweighs the rewards when you're dealing with PuGs.

As to the incidental AoE, you'd be surprised how much additional damage you end up getting "for free" from it: all Smugglers should be dropping Flyby even on a single target but it's friggin' amazing with 3 or more, Focus spec Sents and Guards do a lot more damage when there are 3 targets stacked up, all of the tanks will do a lot more damage when the group is stacked up (Guardians with Guardian Slash and Sweep, VGs with HiB and Pulse Cannon, Shadows with Slow Time and FB), etc. You'd be surprised with exactly how much incidental AoE is in the game.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Swaption
01.06.2013 , 01:19 PM | #16
Just mark a kill order and stack in the middle of the mob. As long as everyone is tionese+ it should be an easy fight.

wadecounty
01.06.2013 , 01:59 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hovergame View Post
This is probably the worst order ever. One year ago, when we were tanking with 16-17K HP, this order was simply asking "let's wipe please"
lmao, maybe if you're horrible? Again, as a tank, if everyone else has decent gear (Tionese or better, which everyone should have by now, no excuses), its far easier if the middle guy goes down first because then you can control the fight. The pin thing really doesn't do much damage at all, even if they pin the healer.

I think this is all really moot because I have never once wiped on this fight before, ever.

Pubsam
01.06.2013 , 02:30 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
The problem is that you only get the no-pin when the people on the rail all know what they're doing. Most RDPS and healers, especially in PuGs, get pretty oblivious concerning enemies that they are not target and move out of their direct line of sight (which is what happens with the untauntables when you're on the rail). The rail-drop strat works great for coordinated guild groups that don't really need the extra help, but, for most pugs, they'll just end up screwing it up because they weren't paying attention. It's a risk/reward thing: you're risking the group splitting up and lowering tangential AoE on the off chance that the people on the rail will actually pay attention and drop before they get pinned. A vast majority of the time the risk outweighs the rewards when you're dealing with PuGs.
Guess I just get luckier with pugs? I rarely see anyone go up on the railings unless they know what they're doing, since if the pugs are dumb or inexperienced it won't even occur to them to avoid a pin, much less stand anywhere else but in the center.

I'm not sure what the mechanics are for who the Commander orders the others to attack, but when I heal this I front-load some heals and damage when the fight starts and more often than not they go to me. I end up controlling the fight until the Commander goes down (since the mobs don't really have time to chase more than 1 or 2 people provided Commander dies first).

So for me the whole group can be pugs but I frequently see the fight go with no pins on anyone but the tank. But I can understand the reticence to see people running around unless you're personally playing that smart healer or ranged DPS.
Time for a nap.

FlyinSpaghetti
01.06.2013 , 04:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Best tactic for boss is to stick your rdps and healer up on the platforms on the side going up to the final conversation...stick em right up there on the rails and melt the big guy as he targets. It makes the fight incredibly easy and you can really kill any of them you want that way because the 2 adds end up running up to get their target. Using the rail tactic you can kill the commander and then finish off the big guy and medium guy or you can burn the big guy before he even gets close to anyone. If you are doing this with melee dps though no question kill the big guy first.
Don't do this, it creates a completely messy situation for the tank to deal with by having adds running up the ramps etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Khevar
01.07.2013 , 01:19 AM | #20
Incidentally, if you have a Sage/Sorc in the fight, and someone else is the target of the pin, use your Force Pull and yank the player out from under the big guy.

Works like a charm.