Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

TalonVII
01.06.2013 , 10:09 AM | #41
I'm going to distill this argument into the following statement.

ANYBODY can beat a jedi. Doesn't matter if it's a padawan, knight or master, or even the grandmaster. Now the LIKELIHOOD of such an outcome is slim to none, but the possibility exists.

Cause if jedi were as hard to kill and no mere person without the force could not kill jedi, Order 66 would of been flatly impossible and a bunch of clones would of never taken the jedi temple.

^ Can't be any clearer than that. Hell they could of captured or killed yoda on Kashyyykk if they'd of taken him out first before he felt the deaths of all the jedi and became suspicious.

Again no force user is invulnerable, unbeatable, invincible. They can be killed and it's proven to be shown over and over again.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

Jonoku
01.06.2013 , 10:12 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
They were a different species yes known as The Taung, but they became extinct and the Mandalorian culture was picked up by humans and the like. So yes...Jango/Boba are Mandalorians....infact Jango(I just remembered this) was actually Mandalore by Ep 2 and he still got his tail kicked by Obi-Wan and then killed by Windu so that just makes his defeat even sadder that the best of them couldn't tango with a Jedi Master on two accounts.
This brings up another question, did Jango/Boba train with melee combat yet? using a blaster isn't a smart move against a jedi. Usually they would use their ancient blade of a lightsaber, innercore color black, outer color white if I remember correctly.

Beniboybling
01.06.2013 , 10:15 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
This brings up another question, did Jango/Boba train with melee combat yet? using a blaster isn't a smart move against a jedi. Usually they would use their ancient blade of a lightsaber, innercore color black, outer color white if I remember correctly.
Indeed, like HK-47 says:

"Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

Most Mandalorians wield blasters, so killing a Jedi just got a little bit harder.

But like TalonVII said, no one is invincible. However percentage wise Jedi win 70% of the time.

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2013 , 10:18 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Yes Jango/Boba were trained in CQC, Jango was taught by the Mandos and Boba was taught by his father of everything that he knew.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

annabethchase
01.06.2013 , 01:25 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

But like TalonVII said, no one is invincible. However percentage wise Jedi win 70% of the time.
It's 99.999999999 for the Jedi. The rare occassions we see are plot necessities to keep the suspense up.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

KryptikX
01.06.2013 , 01:55 PM | #46
Really depends on who is writing the content.

Jedi fanboi author: probably not
Anyone else: of course, just takes a bit of forethought and appropriate weapon selection.
Adapt or Die

StarSquirrel
01.06.2013 , 02:39 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
It's 99.999999999 for the Jedi. The rare occassions we see are plot necessities to keep the suspense up.
Sorry to say, but a lot of times it's plot that makes it seem like 99% in favor of the jedi. In EU were Mandos are sometimes the protagonists we can see them kill many jedi but the plot armor for our heroes in the movies make them seem far weaker than they are. Plus, Jango had already killed AT LEAST 1-2 jedi in the movie alone including a JEDI COUNCIL MEMBER! (Coleman Trebor) And we have no clue what he was doing in the battle up to the point Mace (who is toted as one of the greatest saber users of all time) dispatched him. So, honestly it's plots fault we don't see Mando bad***'s, the movies make it very clear (and they should be our basis for cannon anyway) that while jedi are powerful, they can still be defeated by non-force users.
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2013 , 02:43 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Sorry to say, but a lot of times it's plot that makes it seem like 99% in favor of the jedi. In EU were Mandos are sometimes the protagonists we can see them kill many jedi but the plot armor for our heroes in the movies make them seem far weaker than they are. Plus, Jango had already killed AT LEAST 1-2 jedi in the movie alone including a JEDI COUNCIL MEMBER! (Coleman Trebor) And we have no clue what he was doing in the battle up to the point Mace (who is toted as one of the greatest saber users of all time) dispatched him. So, honestly it's plots fault we don't see Mando bad***'s, the movies make it very clear (and they should be our basis for cannon anyway) that while jedi are powerful, they can still be defeated by non-force users.
Jango's only Jedi kill in the movie was Coleman and that isn't really impressive, sure he was a council member but he wasn't a fighter, he was more a diplomat then anything else. He only became a council member due to his contacts around the galaxy. Not everyone on the Jedi Council is a warrior to a high degree.

Beniboybling
01.06.2013 , 02:50 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Jango's only Jedi kill in the movie was Coleman and that isn't really impressive, sure he was a council member but he wasn't a fighter, he was more a diplomat then anything else.
Jango Fett was a known Jedi killer though, which was the reason why he was cloned, so the clones would be effective in killing Jedi in Order 66. He killed half a dozen Jedi whilst he was Mandalore. And he killed that rogue Jedi, Komari Vosa. Even so, he was a better than fully honed Mandalorian.

You do have a point though.

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2013 , 02:54 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
So what? Jango Fett was a known Jedi killer, which was the reason why he was cloned, so the clones would be effective in killing Jedi in Order 66. He killed half a dozen Jedi whilst he was Mandalore. And he killed that rogue Jedi, Komari Vosa. Even so, he was a better than fully honed Mandalorian.

You do have a point though.
I'm speaking strictly from the movies, that was his only kill. Ya...you mean that absurd comic where he took on those Jedi bare handed? The ones who seemed to forget that they could use The Force, or the fact that their training seemed to have went completely out the window? Really think on that for a minute Beni....that comic was full of CIS/PIS...I am actually surprised its even canon with the way it was written.

He didn't really kill Vosa, Dooku did though yes Jango did fight her and beat her though he was outmatched by her Force skills and the like(though should note that Vosa was really just a padawan gone darkside). His only saving grace was his jetpack and weapons(moreso the former) though....infact he should have died before then and was actually saved by Zam.