Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hardmode "manners"


DSpectre's Avatar


DSpectre
01.06.2013 , 03:29 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Washu View Post
I'm not going to ask you to change. If you've found a play style you enjoy, then more power to you. At the same time, you need to realize that other people have other play styles they prefer, and those styles MAY NOT be compatible with yours.

If you are a player who enjoys watching the cutscenes, then you need to make note of that to your team mates. If you're a player who enjoys clearing the content, same. If you like to RP your way through, and don't find the idea of skipping content or bonus bosses, or other things to be enjoyable... you need to tell your team. Because then your team mates can decide if they're going to stick with you, or if you're not going to be compatible with their play style.

Again, this is where a guild comes in, as you can find people who are similar to you, and who enjoy playing in compatible play styles with yours... then you can avoid PUGs entirely.
Sorry if my words were unclear. Never meant any ill-intent on what you said.

I fully understand your point. I'm not looking to do hard modes as a full time thing right now, but when I do, I will be sure to notify the group. If they don't like what I want, I'll kindly leave. I'd rather leave than kicked to be honest... Seems less of a downer
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

DSpectre's Avatar


DSpectre
01.06.2013 , 03:31 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Red text is mine



We're on different servers, though if you ever feel like switching;......my main character is Brimmer over on the Republic side on the server Jedi Covenant. I'd be happy to take you through flashpoints with my friends, and help you gear up.
Thank you, and I am aware of stating my intents at the beginning of a flashpoint now.

Haha and thanks for the offer, luv, but I'm quite content where I am. Feel free to shoot over some PMs if you'd like to still talk
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
01.06.2013 , 03:41 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
Thank you, and I am aware of stating my intents at the beginning of a flashpoint now.

Haha and thanks for the offer, luv, but I'm quite content where I am. Feel free to shoot over some PMs if you'd like to still talk
Best of luck.

Like others have said: try story mode or grab a good set of friends / guildies to rolls with.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Nasja's Avatar


Nasja
01.06.2013 , 04:01 AM | #124
You know, this game is terrible. Why?

1) Npc skipping inside instances -- exploit. Npc's are there for a reason whatever that may be. The devs didn't put them in for decoration, they interact to your presence and open fire. The fact that they have a very smallish detection range is bad game design. In SWG (that previous Star Wars MMO) you couldn't "skip" npc's in instances, if you wanted to complete, you had to kill all of them, simple. Everyone knew how much time the instances were going to take and prepared for that. If it would be the same thing here, everyone would simply know how much time they were going to take. Skipping = exploiting game mechanics

2) Not viewing lines and cutscenes -- the usual omg spacebar. Spacebar = another bad game design made by bioware. You'll know how long the instance is going to take if it doesn't do anything. If you don't have the time to play an fp you wanted to do... then don't, simple.

The bad thing in this game isn't as some of you want to believe that people are allowed by game mechanics to aggro npc's or to not spam the spacebar but it is the fact that it is possible to skip.

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
01.06.2013 , 04:12 AM | #125
Red text is mine

Quote: Originally Posted by Nasja View Post
You know, this game is terrible. Why?

1) Npc skipping inside instances -- exploit. Npc's are there for a reason whatever that may be. The devs didn't put them in for decoration, they interact to your presence and open fire. The fact that they have a very smallish detection range is bad game design. In SWG (that previous Star Wars MMO) you couldn't "skip" npc's in instances, if you wanted to complete, you had to kill all of them, simple. Everyone knew how much time the instances were going to take and prepared for that. If it would be the same thing here, everyone would simply know how much time they were going to take. Skipping = exploiting game mechanics

First of all flashpoints have been edited to remove some groups of mobs within the flashpoints, lowering the amount you have to fight. Second the scoundrel can knockout mobs (CC) without causing aggro. Come on they gave us the ability and tools to do so.

2) Not viewing lines and cutscenes -- the usual omg spacebar. Spacebar = another bad game design made by bioware. You'll know how long the instance is going to take if it doesn't do anything. If you don't have the time to play an fp you wanted to do... then don't, simple.

I've been here since closed beta - I would of quit shortly after if I couldn't use the spacebar. I enjoy the clips, though not enough to watch them a 100 times. I'm all fine with rewatching them if somebody hasn't been through; though people shouldn't be forced to watch them. That would be a horrible design.

The bad thing in this game isn't as some of you want to believe that people are allowed by game mechanics to aggro npc's or to not spam the spacebar but it is the fact that it is possible to skip.

Freedom to play how you would enjoy is a bad game design? I see..... No, no I don't.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Nasja's Avatar


Nasja
01.06.2013 , 04:43 AM | #126
First of all flashpoints have been edited to remove some groups of mobs within the flashpoints, lowering the amount you have to fight. Second the scoundrel can knockout mobs (CC) without causing aggro. Come on they gave us the ability and tools to do so.

CC isn't an ability to use to skip npc's, it is there for example to aggro 1 npc in stead of 2.

I've been here since closed beta - I would of quit shortly after if I couldn't use the spacebar. I enjoy the clips, though not enough to watch them a 100 times. I'm all fine with rewatching them if somebody hasn't been through; though people shouldn't be forced to watch them. That would be a horrible design.

No because with the exception of Esseles / Black Talon there are just a few cutscenes inside FP's. They hardly matter.

Freedom to play how you would enjoy is a bad game design? I see..... No, no I don't.

As we can see, in group content there are different people with different opinions. You get both verbal pvp in game and forum pvp here just because there are different ways to play the same flashpoint. One prefers this, the others prefer that and when you play the fp in a group finder queue you get the people who smacktalk other people just because of their preference. That is a bad game design.

If the devs removed all trash mobs from for example hard modes then there wouldn't be any need to skip because they simply aren't there.. see what I mean.

WooliestWorm's Avatar


WooliestWorm
01.06.2013 , 05:42 AM | #127
Wow... people are complaining you only have 14k hp? I remember running my first hard modes in a mix of champion and leveling gear with no idea what the tactics were because we were some of the first 50s on the sever. Those runs definitely took more than 20 mins or whatever the average is now. People really should learn to chill a bit .

Bit of a tip on early 50 gearing, you may be beyond it now or you may have done it and not mentioned it but it's still worth getting the recruit gear from the pvp area as you'll get earpieces, implants and relics that aren't available at the Tionese vendor. As I say may no longer be useful unless you level an alt but oh well .

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
01.06.2013 , 06:00 AM | #128
Default text colour is mine.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nasja View Post
First of all flashpoints have been edited to remove some groups of mobs within the flashpoints, lowering the amount you have to fight. Second the scoundrel can knockout mobs (CC) without causing aggro. Come on they gave us the ability and tools to do so.

CC isn't an ability to use to skip npc's, it is there for example to aggro 1 npc in stead of 2.

Normal CC such as the force lift is what you describe. The smuggler's CC can be used before combat without any aggro. If they wanted us to have to fight every mob they wouldn't have given us the ability to CC trash mobs without aggro.

I've been here since closed beta - I would of quit shortly after if I couldn't use the spacebar. I enjoy the clips, though not enough to watch them a 100 times. I'm all fine with rewatching them if somebody hasn't been through; though people shouldn't be forced to watch them. That would be a horrible design.

No because with the exception of Esseles / Black Talon there are just a few cutscenes inside FP's. They hardly matter.

You clearly don't have alts (or many at least) if you think that. Also this goes beyond flashpoints. This includes doing normal quests, which talking to the npc takes longer than the quest itself.

Freedom to play how you would enjoy is a bad game design? I see..... No, no I don't.

As we can see, in group content there are different people with different opinions. You get both verbal pvp in game and forum pvp here just because there are different ways to play the same flashpoint. One prefers this, the others prefer that and when you play the fp in a group finder queue you get the people who smacktalk other people just because of their preference. That is a bad game design.

If the devs removed all trash mobs from for example hard modes then there wouldn't be any need to skip because they simply aren't there.. see what I mean.


There are four of you, take a vote. Person that doesn't get their way can either go along or leave. It's a group finder, if you want to dictate other players' action form a group without the group finder. Using the group finder is a cooperative tool. Work together or get kicked - for most parts. Harsh but it's better than LFG. I personally never kick people, but that's the mentality of the system.

For the most part it works fine; I rarely ever find pugs with drama in them.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Ms_Sunlight's Avatar


Ms_Sunlight
01.06.2013 , 06:13 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Nasja View Post
CC isn't an ability to use to skip npc's, it is there for example to aggro 1 npc in stead of 2.
Of course it bloody well is; one of the main plus points of a stealth playstyle is to be able to get past mobs without fighting them, both in solo and group play.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

clevos's Avatar


clevos
01.06.2013 , 06:31 AM | #130
"poor game design" *snort*
If BW/EA only catered to players that wanted to hack and slash and grind out every mob then they would have a very small player base indeed. Devs have to balance games in order to appeal to many different play styles. Doing otherwise would be actual poor game design.

Out of combat CC and stealth exist for a reason.