Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

TheOne
01.05.2013 , 01:22 PM | #71
Pro tips:

Get your gear up over 16k before you run HM's. It can be done with tionese and recruit, having 13900 Hp is no good for HM's. Bite the bullet if you don't like the look, it will keep you live.

Practice your jumping , people suck at jumping in this game drives me nuts. If you can't jump then prepare for a /kick.

Que for the easy flashpoints until you get familiar with how to play your class. BT, BoI, BP, don't que for Koan or you will die.

As a dps player always stay a couple of feet behind the tank. Don't straggle behind the group.

If the group is space-baring thru cut scenes then do the same , don't hold your group up because your being the jerk , not them.

Practice these tips and hopefully you'll get with the program.

river_of_Gem
01.05.2013 , 01:31 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Cool story, bro! Why do you play the game if playing it properly and enjoying the content is "wasting your time"? Why wouldn't you just sign off if it's that horrible to spend few more extra minutes watching nice voice acting and killing a boss or two?
Sorry but you don't define what's "playing properly" for me. For my RPG point of view, only first run of any dugeon/fp/op count, all others is just grinding for gear/comm, so my play style is finish as soon as possible.

Why wouldnt i just signed off if it's that horrible to spend few more extra minutes watching nice voice acting and killing a boss or two? Because after finish my daily FP i have a lot of other way to enjoy this game, pvp, ranked pvp, op, or just lvling another alt, all those i find much more fun/challenging than watching cutscene in BT.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
I don't pay for this game to smash my spacebar or hug walls and jump platforms like I did back in the early 90s with my NES and Mario-games. When the queue pops up it's time to enjoy the game, voiceover and use my char's abilities as much as possible! Some people have raged because I like watching convos and killing thrash tooto a certain point, some have vote kicked too...And I have reported those vote kickers after putting them onto my ignore-list.
I don't pay to watch the BT cutscent 15345345 times repeatedly as well. You hay your way to enjoy your game and i have mine.

And seriously you have reported ppl about this ? are you 12 or what ? And you don't have to put me or any of the so called "elite-jerk" in this thread, i don't think any of us want to carry you through FP

canuckly
01.05.2013 , 07:41 PM | #73
some people enjoy playing the game unlike you speed runners who have no concept of playing a game bottom line if you wanna speed run stay out of group finder and do these runs in your guild or with friends because more often then not you will meet every type of player through group finder

the elitist
the newbie
the tionese/ low gear (even with the free tionese i still see people in the blues and oranges lower than tionese)

i for one have no problem with these players other than the elitist who wants to spew is knowledge and act like he/she knows everything about the game and their type of teaching is through a condescending arrogant tone

Thorriin
01.05.2013 , 08:29 PM | #74
This thread is getting ridiculous... If you actually want to have success in these HM FP's, do what everyone is saying and space bar when you need to space bar. Skip when you need to skip, and get over it. There's no excuse for wasting peoples time with these cutscenes when they have run the damn instance hundreds of times. Run the STORY Mode FP if you want to watch the STORY. Other than that, deal with the consequences if you choose not to.
Never Tell Us the Odds
Thorriin -- Scoundrel
Da˝o -- Guardian
The Bastion US PvP

Rygho
01.05.2013 , 09:03 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
The grouped wiped, because they were not a group. Sorry in a HMFP I want the people that accidentally pulled to run to me. They get to me, they will live and the mob they pulled will die. Someone pulls by accident I am running towards them. They better be hitting defensive cooldowns and running towards me. I do this dps or healer, only difference with my healer I bring up the rear so any inadvertent pull is in front of me, on dps I stick right behind the tank unless someone says they are new, then I will be right in front of them waiting when needed for them to catch up.

Mobs in HM FP are a joke outside a few in LI HM and Koan, so someone pulling one and running up the group is no big deal, provided the group is more interest in killing stuff than typing insult at whoever accidentally pulled.
This.
As for skipping cut scenes, it can take a lot more time to watch a cut scene than to skip it. Most people have already seen them multiple times. They're just not interesting after the first couple of times and they add so much time to a FP. I'd rather kill every mob in a FP than watch a full FP's cut scenes. I'm guessing that most people are going to feel the same. If you haven't seen them, I can understand the desire to watch them but consider what it's like for someone who has seen them a dozen times. It's extremely boring. Anyone can solo the SM FPs and some classes should have little problem soloing the level 50 SMs (which don't have a lot of cut scenes anyway). They can all be easily two-manned. If you really want to watch cut scenes, do the SMs or run them with friends.

I'm not even sure what the point of discussing "fault" is when someone gets stuck. People get stuck. They didn't do it on purpose and they're not going to try to do it again. Get over yourselves and wait a second. No one is asking you to donate a kidney.

As for the 16 man nightmare progression guy who expects everyone queuing for FPs to be on his level. Get a little perspective and grow up.

DSpectre
01.05.2013 , 09:53 PM | #76
I though my point was settled a while ago...

For the Elitist's who keep posting on here:

I get where you are coming from. I understand you have done the quests a bunch of times. but there is NO NEED to rip on others who dont play up to YOUR standards. everyone is different.

FOR EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE STORY/SPACEBAR

i like watching the story. i dont care if its over and over. I ran Black Talon on my new sorcerer about 7 times last night. know what? i didnt not use the space bar. why? because no matter how many time i play through it i choose different dialogue options and see what outcomes i get.

Put it this way: If the story is there, why not view it? I'll skip a convo if i want to skip a convo. no one owns me or tells me how to play. Ill figure it out. i take advice. i may not use it, but i thank people for it anyway.

If im out there to please the Elitist, then ill skip enemies and convos. but if i come across those of you who are Elitists, i will make it my goal to make your FP run as hard on you as possible.

after all, you do indeed, deserve it

<3
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

-IceHawk-
01.05.2013 , 10:04 PM | #77
DSpectre,

Welcome to Elder Game SWTOR, it is obvious you do not belong here.

Hardmode Flashpoints are scaffolding content to gear players as they move towards actual endgame content, the Operations.

If you enjoy the Story of each Flashpoint, by all means play the Story Mode versions of those flashpoints.

However, you are a member of a player community.
Recognize that you are not in the right Flashpoint if you want the Story, the vast majority of HM runs are specifically for Black Hole Daily and Weekly Com Runs.

Players are attempting to gear up so they can move on to actual End Game content.

Your description indicates, not that you are being abused by "Elitist Players," but that you want to effectively troll better geared players than you because you feel as though, in your words, they "deserve it."

Happy you are not on my server, as you would be Vote Kicked and Ignored the moment you pulled these stunts.

Moraras
01.05.2013 , 10:39 PM | #78
And this thread is exactly why I refuse to do any flashpoints. Though if I did, since I only roll tanks, I will be more than sure to pull every trash pack and every boss just because I can. If you decide to vote kick me, I'll insta log onto another tank and hope I get paired with ya again.

I'll also laugh my bum off if EAWare decides to seal up the skips. Because in my experience, skipping stuff usually results in everyone having a bad time.
TOR = KoTOR 3
Release non MMO version, Bioware

MsMalice
01.05.2013 , 10:53 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
I though my point was settled a while ago...

For the Elitist's who keep posting on here:

I get where you are coming from. I understand you have done the quests a bunch of times. but there is NO NEED to rip on others who dont play up to YOUR standards. everyone is different.

FOR EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE STORY/SPACEBAR

i like watching the story. i dont care if its over and over. I ran Black Talon on my new sorcerer about 7 times last night. know what? i didnt not use the space bar. why? because no matter how many time i play through it i choose different dialogue options and see what outcomes i get.

Put it this way: If the story is there, why not view it? I'll skip a convo if i want to skip a convo. no one owns me or tells me how to play. Ill figure it out. i take advice. i may not use it, but i thank people for it anyway.

If im out there to please the Elitist, then ill skip enemies and convos. but if i come across those of you who are Elitists, i will make it my goal to make your FP run as hard on you as possible.

after all, you do indeed, deserve it

<3
This is nothing about being an elitist. It's about being considerate of others. You are only thinking about your self and what you want to do. When it comes down to things like these, majority rules and most people don't want to be held up by these things. I've said it before, if you want to watch the story run it non-HM, simple as that. I'm not trying to be mean and I'm sorry if you feel that way. If you don't want to listen, then fine don't, just let me know if I'm wasting my time trying to get you to see reason.
RAYE
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
<Just Relax>

USCG_Davis
01.05.2013 , 10:56 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
DSpectre,

Welcome to Elder Game SWTOR, it is obvious you do not belong here.

Hardmode Flashpoints are scaffolding content to gear players as they move towards actual endgame content, the Operations.

If you enjoy the Story of each Flashpoint, by all means play the Story Mode versions of those flashpoints.

However, you are a member of a player community.
Recognize that you are not in the right Flashpoint if you want the Story, the vast majority of HM runs are specifically for Black Hole Daily and Weekly Com Runs.

Players are attempting to gear up so they can move on to actual End Game content.

Your description indicates, not that you are being abused by "Elitist Players," but that you want to effectively troll better geared players than you because you feel as though, in your words, they "deserve it."

Happy you are not on my server, as you would be Vote Kicked and Ignored the moment you pulled these stunts.
You sir, are very lucky. He is on my server but thankfully he posted his name in his forum signature so now all my toons have him on ignore...problem solved for me
Raid Leader for <E>
Prophecy of the Five
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ