Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Losing the ability to right click to loot or chat

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Losing the ability to right click to loot or chat

Grayseven
12.22.2012 , 09:10 AM | #1
Not sure what happened but suddenly I lost the ability to do anything using right click in game. I could not loot, could not initiate conversations with NPC's, nothing.

I tried logging out and back in but that didn't work, checked my preferences to make sure I didn't mess something up with an odd keystroke combo in the heat of combat, tried ctrl-u twice to reset, even closed the game completely.

I could still right click to target so it wasn't the right mouse button. A quick search showed that this isn't an isolated incident but none of the suggested practices worked.

Is there a work around for this issue in case it happens again? I'm not sure what I did but it seems to be working now.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

GimpedChameleon
01.05.2013 , 05:25 PM | #2
Same here. This just started for me on Tatooine fighting some sand people. The right click works almost like its a left click? It highlights enemies but wont loot or explode canisters, etc... Im trying a repair and see if that works. First time it happened I quit the game and reloaded and it worked for a while but stopped working again.
Tech support please advise.

OwenBrooks
01.05.2013 , 05:29 PM | #3
Just a suggestion
Have you tried to reset the keybinds in-game this may clear whatever is happening

GimpedChameleon
01.05.2013 , 05:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Just a suggestion
Have you tried to reset the keybinds in-game this may clear whatever is happening
I've never set any but I can certainly try that. Thank you.

GimpedChameleon
01.05.2013 , 07:26 PM | #5
Ive been playing for awhile now after doing two repairs from the login screen and haven't had the problem reoccur yet.