Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

Roodbot
01.05.2013 , 05:09 PM | #31
Let's see, Gault, Skadge, Guss Tuno, Khem Val... that's everybody I've hated so far.

My bounty hunter started out with always finishing the job. So not killing Gault when she caught him was completely against her code. After she met Torian Cadera, she became a Mando and adopted a Mandalorian honor code. So not killing Skadge the second he threatened an innocent woman was completely not her.

I know everybody just looooves Guss Tuno, but his sense of humor and mine/my smuggler's don't mesh. She's also on a roaring rampage of revenge against Rogun, which includes any- and everyone ever involved in his operation. So yeah, she killed Tuno.

Khem gets on my nerves. He's just so one-note. My inquisitor had him show her where the map was and then stuffed him back into his stasis field in case he turned out useful. Made the Fury wonderfully quiet. Also made her crazy happy when Andronikos wanted to tag along.

Spoiler
Once you go tank, you never go back!

Rauzgriz
01.06.2013 , 12:57 AM | #32
I HATED Ashara, I mean if you're rolling a DS inq, she is completely un-usable, since a lot of dark side choices dont just get you -1 with her, they get you -40. Khem I dont like much either, the majority of your conversations with him are basically him just saying "oh ya ill break free someday and eat you, blah blah blah murder". Im currently leveling a sniper, loyal to the empire, and I actually like Kaliyo. Its seems difficult to find a conversation choice which gets you worse than -1 with her, and I like her sarcastic attitude.

MorgothPl
01.09.2013 , 08:28 AM | #33
Corso.... please BW, let me kick him out of the ship. He is irritatingly stupid and I wish Bowdaar would rip his hands off. Can't stand his chivalrous lawful good character. He so reminds me of sir Anomen of Baldurs Gate 2. It's even worse when you play female smuggler.

AhsokaTanorules
01.09.2013 , 10:44 AM | #34
Mako. I wish my BH had the option of shooting her in the back when her evil sister turned up.

Ashara. MY SI should have the option of breaking her mind and turning her into a slave.

Raina is boring. Jaesa is boring. Torian is boring. Xalek is boring. Blizz needs to be stepped on and fed to Skadge. Doc and Tharan are douche bags and a complete slap in the face to romanceable female Jedi classes.

Guss is a ***** and needs to be shot.

Shadow_Assasin
01.10.2013 , 02:57 AM | #35
hate scorpio just a very wierd looking robot its just creepy in my mind kinda like irobot , why did u give it a face and all that i would have perfered a normal robot like the ones that u see everywhere (security droids) they look awesome instead i get .... that
No one could live without the other, or crumble before an unbalance of power.

Mucklavee
01.18.2013 , 02:05 AM | #36
1. Corso i wanted to shoot the moment i heard him talk about his gun that he thought was more important than my gd ship.
2.malavai because he is a boot licker
3.did i mention corso all ready?
4.jorgan because he's a cathar
5.seriously corso just needs to die
6.the trooper droid because his republic loving ways make me sick
7.they just need to make a option to chain corso to your ships naucelles so you can roast his *** for a gundark who likes bbq'd hillbilly

oh and i absolutely love kaliyo because she's interesting and also a freak plus i don't play my IA as a empire boot licking drone so she fits my character very well

ganondorq
01.18.2013 , 02:44 AM | #37
only met two so far that i didn't want, and that has been gault and broonmark. broonmark is a straight up freak... seriously. gualt... i just wanted to kill him and move on to my next bounty.

_Darkstar
01.18.2013 , 03:14 AM | #38
As it goes on I am starting to dislike Kaliyo more and more. I was happy to take her (I love pale chick, I love bald chicks, she was win) and I like her personality in so far as her comments are usually quite amusing. But I hate that she constantly lies, a sign of insecurity that I know BW won't let me do my head magic and fix.

Her first companion quest
Spoiler
made me dislike her, but at least I play my agent as someone who puts on a different front depending on who he is talking to, so he did what Kaliyo wanted as he knows he wants her help but doesn't really care about her. If I had been playing any other type I don't think I would have been happy with any of the possible choices.

I see the fuss about Skadge, but if I was playing a full DS BH then he would have fitted in quite well I think, my GF calling him a wrinkly foreskin puts me off a little though.

All these comments show that BW did a decent job with companions at least, because most of the ones that people dislike were the ones that you originally got a choice not to take (Kaliyo aside most people like the companions they were intended to like), it is just a shame they caved in and reversed that decision.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

bright_ephemera
01.18.2013 , 03:24 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
Yeah my sniper used the ship droid. Some heals is better than Kaliyo opening that hole in her face.
Your sniper and my marauder should have droid-heals adventures together.

Quote: Originally Posted by urborror View Post
I liked Vette but I think it's weird to make a Twilek pirate a Sith Warrior companion for so much of the game, for story/roleplaying reasons. You just can't imagine Darth Vader running around with his blaster-wielding girlfriend.
Not Darth Vader, disappointingly enough, but their Darth Malgus had a blaster-slinging Twi'lek girlfriend. You can see them in the ?Empire?'s very first cinematic, the one you see when you install the game. I don't see the appeal myself, but the writers were in fact modeling the Warrior/Twi'lek thing on somebody in canon. (Then again, Malgus got to kill his...)

Companions I didn't want to begin with:
  1. Ashara: Could this irate twelve-year-old get any more annoying? I still can't figure out how she got onto my ship. I try to recall the Taris questline and there is just no logic. I'm running on the hypothesis that she's secretly a super genius who manipulated and/or Force Tricked her way onto my ship for her own purposes, because I can think of no other explanation for her presence.
  2. Tharan: If you try to explain basic English words in that condescending tone again I'll punch you in the face. Speaking of which...
  3. Guss. Sorry, too scummy to live, and (in-character) useless if he does live. I was glad that I did get to suckerpunch him. And...
  4. Doctor Lokin. This man is probably smarter than I am. He blackmailed me into taking him with me but I'd rather have shot him then and there for security reasons.
  5. Risha: Hate that she's squatting on my ship. MINE, the one I sweated to earn for 15 levels. Hate that I can't express skepticism for her great plan. Hate that,
    Spoiler
  6. SCORPIO. I love her, but giving that entity a HoloNet uplink pretty much makes me culpable for the destruction of civilization as we know it somewhere down the line. I guarantee it.

Companions I didn't want by the end:
  1. Corso. He's the one with whom I discovered that you can't stop romance conversations once you've started. He'll just keep coming at you forever. As if he weren't enough of a control freak to begin with.
  2. Quinn. 'Nuff said.
  3. Kaliyo. Likewise. (Even though I adore the character.)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

DaShuk
01.18.2013 , 09:44 AM | #40
Agree with a lot of what is here already, but lately Elara is starting to get on my nerves ever since I got to Tatooine. Her heals are great and all but she really gets annoying when I want to kill Imps...quoting rules and all this nonsense. Since I don't play my trooper "by the book" this gets a little aggravating.

I didn't like Corso from the get go, naming his weapons...then I let him shoot the guy in the head on Ord Mantel to get his "revenge" and then he gets all hypocrit with me when I catch the hussy back in the base conspiring with Skavik and introduce her face to a blaster bolt, he gives me the 3rd degree about it.

On my Consular I wouldn't mind putting Zenith and Iresso in the same room and venting it to space, just find the two of them completely useless both on crew and using them in game. Nadia is a bit of a whiner but at least she can do a few things.