Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

YeIIow
01.05.2013 , 03:58 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Alright: let's leave that awful debate with Surinen behind and get back on topic.
was thinking about the same thing :P
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Beniboybling
01.05.2013 , 04:25 PM | #172
Hmmm, I think the Force is inherently light side. That is at least what the Prophecy of the Chosen One says. Its sort of 70% light, 30% dark. But the Je'daii Order need to find some sort of middle ground to maintain balance in the Force, basically wherever the Father was on the spectrum. A sort of 'gray Jedi'. Just did some reading on gray Jedi and its seems that many of the Gray used both sides of the Force. They were more attuned the light but used the dark side, but were free from dark side corruption, they did not fully embrace it. Jolee Bindo for example could use force lightning without being corrupted and did so by controlling his emotions but not blocking them out. A form of 'Electric Judgement'. The Je'daii Order would be gray Jedi.

I also think having several force sects would be dangerous, as many might turn to the dark side or cause imbalance. You need a single, unified body that believes in the same code in order to achieve balance.

What would there code of goals be? Something like this:

Je'daii are the guardians of peace and harmony in the galaxy.
Je'daii use their powers meditate and reflect, never for violence.
Je'daii use their knowledge to advise and guide.
Je'daii respect all life, in any form.
Je'daii serve only the Force, light and dark, and maintain its balance.
Je'daii seek to achieve wisdom through knowledge and understanding.

They are dedicated to upholding peace and harmony in the galaxy, yet do so through meditation and reflection. Garnering knowledge they use it to advise peace upholding forces in the galaxy and encourage them down a path of further peace.

And this is how I believe they would interpret the various Jedi Codes:

There is no ignorance or fear, there is knowledge.
There is emotion, yet peace.
There is passion, yet serenity.
There is chaos, yet harmony.
There is only the Force.

They recognise the importance of knowledge and understanding, it drives out dangerous fear of the unknown and ignorance of it. They embrace emotion, passion and chaos, but control it and so achieve peace, serenity and harmony. They understand there is no light or dark, only the Force.

Thoughts?

Maaruin
01.05.2013 , 04:46 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Hmmm, I think the Force is inherently light side. That is at least what the Prophecy of the Chosen One says. Its sort of 70% light, 30% dark. But the Je'daii Order need to find some sort of middle ground to maintain balance in the Force, basically wherever the Father was on the spectrum. A sort of 'gray Jedi'. Just did some reading on gray Jedi and its seems that many of the Gray used both sides of the Force. They were more attuned the light but used the dark side, but were free from dark side corruption, they did not fully embrace it. Jolee Bindo for example could use force lightning without being corrupted and did so by controlling his emotions but not blocking them out. A form of 'Electric Judgement'. The Je'daii Order would be gray Jedi.
Yeah, I can agree on that. In this case balance means something slightly different from balance between light and darkness.

Quote:
I also think having several force sects would be dangerous, as many might turn to the dark side or cause imbalance. You need a single, unified body that believes in the same code in order to achieve balance.
Hm, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I think different Force sects is worth the risk.

Quote:
What would there code of goals be? Something like this:

Je'daii use their powers meditate and reflect, never for violence.
Je'daii use their knowledge to advise and guide.

They are dedicated to upholding peace and harmony in the galaxy, yet do so through meditation and reflection. Garnering knowledge they use it to advise peace upholding forces in the galaxy and encourage them down a path of further peace.
Then they should at least allow people to be trained in the Je'daii Order and then return to their homeworld and serve as knights. Force users in fighting roles are much more capable to face some threats than non-Force-users are.
The Je'daii would keep watch over them and call them back if they think they are too close to falling to the dark side.

Quote:
And this is how I believe they would interpret the various Jedi Codes:

There is no ignorance or fear, there is knowledge.
There is only the Force.

They recognise the importance of knowledge and understanding, it drives out dangerous fear of the unknown and ignorance of it. They embrace emotion, passion and chaos, but control it and so achieve peace, serenity and harmony. They understand there is no light or dark, only the Force.

Thoughts?[/COLOR]
Hmm, I'm not sure about the first line... since "the wise knows nothing but seeks knowledge", maybe the old Ignorance, yet knowledge. would still be better.

Also, I like the line "There is no death, there is only the Force."... can't we keep it somehow?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling
01.05.2013 , 04:56 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Yeah, I can agree on that. In this case balance means something slightly different from balance between light and darkness.

Hm, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I think different Force sects is worth the risk.

Then they should at least allow people to be trained in the Je'daii Order and then return to their homeworld and serve as knights. Force users in fighting roles are much more capable to face some threats than non-Force-users are.
The Je'daii would keep watch over them and call them back if they think they are too close to falling to the dark side.

Hmm, I'm not sure about the first line... since "the wise knows nothing but seeks knowledge", maybe the old Ignorance, yet knowledge. would still be better.

Also, I like the line "There is no death, there is only the Force."... can't we keep it somehow?
I not really sure if many Force sects bring enough, or anything to the table. They can fulfil different roles yes, but the Je'daii Order can have sects within its organisation. And I'm still sticking with the pacifism part, the Je'daii Order are not protectors of the galaxy, but peacekeepers. If they advocate violence they go against everything they stand for, and risk falling to the dark side. This is because as soon as you start learning to use the Force as a weapon, it becomes dangerous because you have to make the choice of how to use it. By the way of the light, or the darkness. Not sure what you mean by your last point though about the first line.

I suppose the final line is also important... so Je'daii don't attempt to prevent their deaths as they study the Force.

How about:

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no death, there is the Force.
There is light, yet dark.
There is only the Force.

Maaruin
01.05.2013 , 05:15 PM | #175
I not really sure if many Force sects bring enough, or anything to the table. They can fulfil different roles yes, but the Je'daii Order can have sects within its organisation. And I'm still sticking with the pacifism part, the Je'daii Order are not protectors of the galaxy, but peacekeepers. If they advocate violence they go against everything they stand for, and risk falling to the dark side. This is because as soon as you start learning to use the Force as a weapon, it becomes dangerous because you have to make the choice of how to use it. By the way of the light, or the darkness. Not sure what you mean by your last point though about the first line.

I suppose the final line is also important... so Je'daii don't attempt to prevent their deaths as they study the Force.

How about:

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no death, there is the Force.
There is light, yet dark.
There is only the Force.
I think being pacifists wouldn't guarantee they stay away from the dark side. Some Jedi have fallen to the dark side through... wait for it... meditation.

Imagine something like the Krath Cult takes over a system. A few Force-using knights could infiltrate the palace and take them prisoner without causing too much casulties.
And if every military would have some Je'daii among the troops, they could prevent war crimes from occuring.
Je'daii in police functions will help capturing dangerous criminals alive and without too great risks.

And if two planets decide to fight each other, but the Je'daii in the troops of both planets go to the battlefield and start negotiating with each other, they might prevent the war better than advisors could.

The line about ignorance and knowledge is: There actually is ignorance. You should encourage young Je'daii to admit their ignorance and try to gain knowledge.

also: There is light, yet darkness.

But I'm cool with different sub-oders in the Je'daii Order.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling
01.05.2013 , 05:41 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I think being pacifists wouldn't guarantee they stay away from the dark side. Some Jedi have fallen to the dark side through... wait for it... meditation.

Imagine something like the Krath Cult takes over a system. A few Force-using knights could infiltrate the palace and take them prisoner without causing too much casulties.
And if every military would have some Je'daii among the troops, they could prevent war crimes from occuring.
Je'daii in police functions will help capturing dangerous criminals alive and without too great risks.

And if two planets decide to fight each other, but the Je'daii in the troops of both planets go to the battlefield and start negotiating with each other, they might prevent the war better than advisors could.

The line about ignorance and knowledge is: There actually is ignorance. You should encourage young Je'daii to admit their ignorance and try to gain knowledge.

also: There is light, yet darkness.

But I'm cool with different sub-oders in the Je'daii Order.
You make good points. OK, how about this. Unlike the Jedi the Je'daii don't advocate leading armies off to war and responding to attackers with Force, only as a last resort. The Je'daii aren't trained to wield lightsabers, because it symbolizes defenders and war etc, but they focus all time into honing their strength in the Force and so can be formidable. I therefore wouldn't advocate them leading soldiers, even as advisers. We also have to consider that as not official protectors of the Republic, they don't automatically have that kind of authority. But the Je'daii will monitor and operate in the shadows, and if they see a need to intervene, maybe with minimal force to subdue, they will do so.

So the guidelines:

Je'daii only use violence as a last resort, and never for the purposes of war.
Je'daii use their knowledge and power to advise and guide.

And the code:

There is ignorance, yet knowledge.
There is death, yet the Force - there is only the Force.

Maaruin
01.05.2013 , 06:13 PM | #177
You make good points. OK, how about this. Unlike the Jedi the Je'daii don't advocate leading armies off to war and responding to attackers with Force, only as a last resort. The Je'daii aren't trained to wield lightsabers, because it symbolizes defenders and war etc, but they focus all time into honing their strength in the Force and so can be formidable. I therefore wouldn't advocate them leading soldiers, even as advisers. We also have to consider that as not official protectors of the Republic, they don't automatically have that kind of authority. But the Je'daii will monitor and operate in the shadows, and if they see a need to intervene, maybe with minimal force to subdue, they will do so.

So the guidelines:

Je'daii only use violence as a last resort, and never for the purposes of war.
Je'daii use their knowledge and power to advise and guide.

And the code:

There is ignorance, yet knowledge.
There is death, yet the Force - there is only the Force.
In some sense, I think it could work. At least, until they have to face great threat, which forces them into battle. If you are not trained to fight while still resisting the dark side, but circumstances force you to fight, you will fall easier.

Also, from the perspective of a reader, I admire an order of knights or warrior monks more than I admire an order of pacifists quite meditation only order. I, personally, think the Jedi are already watered down enough into pseudo-pacifists in many star wars works. Instead, I'd rather like them based upon the ideal of knights.

The codes are good, I especially like the last line with the double-Force as opposed to the other line. It fits quite well.
-Ajunta Pall

masterepic
01.06.2013 , 07:36 AM | #178
My sig has a good light/dark code in it
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. There is no death, there is the Force. The Force shall free me.

SnoggyMack
01.06.2013 , 10:07 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by YeIIow View Post
the current people would be Sidius and Vader,
I'm not much of a history buff, but if I recall correctly the battle of Yavin took place "A long time ago."

(In a galaxy far, far away).

So none of the characters are in any way "current."
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

YeIIow
01.06.2013 , 10:21 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
I'm not much of a history buff, but if I recall correctly the battle of Yavin took place "A long time ago."

(In a galaxy far, far away).

So none of the characters are in any way "current."
the person to who my comment was aimed, only knows about Star Wars from what he has seen in the games and movies, thats why i refer to those two as "current."
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)