Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

QwibQwib
01.05.2013 , 12:02 PM | #5031
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittand View Post
The first red passage is in Future I Progressive indicating something that will happen in the future. As opposed to Conditional (would) which indicates a possible, but not definite option.
The second one is in Present Perfect Simple.
This has, quite possibly, made my week.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

Lent_San
01.05.2013 , 12:04 PM | #5032
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittand View Post
Nowhere in the statement is any indication that SGRAs with companions are off the table. In fact in the Elder game segment of the blog post Mr. hickman wrote that more content with companions will be coming (post Makeb) and I believe that it is likely that any change to existing companion dialoge will happen at the same time.
I read that the same way.

I didn't get the notion that companion SGRs were off the table at all, just delayed. I know that "delayed" isn't really much, infowise, but it's too early too read anything more into that.

The statement also said "More info to come", the only topic in the State of the Game, by the way, that had that little footnote.

So I think we should be waiting for "more info" before we make any definite statements on what will or will not be coming, SGR wise.

Anglvamp
01.05.2013 , 12:10 PM | #5033
I tend to look at the SGR flirts coming as getting a foot in the door. BW taking a tentative step to see if there is some mass exodus from the game over this issue ( which I highly doubt will happen ) It is a sensitive issue, and they do have to be careful and i have no issues with it.

I'm choosing to be optimistic and hope that they will add more SGR content later. I also don't read anything in his statement to mean that it won't be added at some point.

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

Lent_San
01.05.2013 , 12:19 PM | #5034
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
I tend to look at the SGR flirts coming as getting a foot in the door. BW taking a tentative step to see if there is some mass exodus from the game over this issue ( which I highly doubt will happen ) It is a sensitive issue, and they do have to be careful and i have no issues with it.
I don't really think that had anything to do with why we haven't gotten SGR yet. After all Mass Effect and Dragon Age were hugely successful and both had SGRs in them and everybody knew. If they'd feared a mass exodus, I don't think they would have announced SGRs as post-launch content from the beginning, as they would have shot themselves in the foot that way.

Time and money constraints, that's the only reason I can see, really. And I hope both will be a thing of the past, once this game gains more momentum and at the moment, it's not looking that bad for it.

TaxMilliont
01.05.2013 , 12:52 PM | #5035
I just had a thought. I've seen people speculate whether they'll add new companions or add SGRAs to the old ones (if they're doing SGRAs for companions, and for everything that's sweet and good I hope they do), but wouldn't they have to bring back the old VAs regardless? For the people already in a romance with the old companions, I mean. You'd need the "jealousy scenes" or confrontations. Unless they have them break up via mail, make it a "You can't have me unless you're single" type thing, or ignore the old companions like the new one magically isn't even there. That would make me sad/irritated. I'd have to re-roll my agent again since I'm stuck in eternal romance with the creepy Raina Temple :/

Tell me if I'm jumping too wildly to conclusions, or if I'm missing something.

In any case, I'm personally fine with either new companions (as in both one male and one female for all of the separate classes) or the old ones. Secretly pining for Vector. As long as they won't go with the one-size-fits-all as with HK. I'd prefer something of actual equality.

I apologise if it's been mentioned before and if so, I somehow missed it.

Nozybidaj
01.05.2013 , 01:05 PM | #5036
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I read that the same way.

I didn't get the notion that companion SGRs were off the table at all, just delayed. I know that "delayed" isn't really much, infowise, but it's too early too read anything more into that.

The statement also said "More info to come", the only topic in the State of the Game, by the way, that had that little footnote.

So I think we should be waiting for "more info" before we make any definite statements on what will or will not be coming, SGR wise.
/shrug Take what you want from it. I thought it was pretty clear. I'd bet my house that you will never see Same Gender romances with your companions. "oh this is like really hard and stuff" and "delayed" are pretty obvious Developer speak for "we don't wanna".

Senatsu
01.05.2013 , 01:29 PM | #5037
Anyone who plays games such as SWTOR, WoW, EVE etc. doesn't have any right whatsoever to dislike the addition of SGR. When you play games with so many different people, from different cultures, with different things they want out of a game, with different playstyles, different personalities, there is really no point in caring about the opinion of some idiot who has gotten lost in the internet and doesn't know how MMO communities work. For goodness sakes, I have a guy in my guild who does drugs every weekend at big party events, he's also a vegetarian, and a mormon. Does anyone care? No, they have no right. Does everyone know this? Yes. So what's the big fuss about being scared people will leave just because of SGR? Those people are fools who shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.
I would agree to an Aion-type LFG system, but not WoW's LFD. We don't need Blizzard's failures in this game.

Quething
01.05.2013 , 02:59 PM | #5038
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
/shrug Take what you want from it. I thought it was pretty clear. I'd bet my house that you will never see Same Gender romances with your companions. "oh this is like really hard and stuff" and "delayed" are pretty obvious Developer speak for "we don't wanna".
"It's really hard" and "delayed" are also what they said about hood toggles. And we know those are still coming, because they gave us hide head slot for companions, which was a direct byproduct of the effort to code a hood toggle, and thus clear evidence that they're legitimately working on it. What they said about Guild Ships, on the other hand, was "sorry, we're no longer doing this in the forseeable future."

I mean, I'm not holding my breath for anything in the next twelve calendar months, but I see no evidence of weaselspeak in the current regime. They don't tell us spit, but on the rare occasion that they let some meager tidbit slip they don't appear to lie.

drfumblez
01.05.2013 , 04:09 PM | #5039
Long-time lurker here. Just want to say glad you guys are finally getting your turn for developments. I'm a straight, white male, and SGR is a staple in some of the other BW games. I usually don't part-take in it myself, but you guys definitely deserve some good news.

Hope you get companions soon!

Sebah
01.05.2013 , 04:22 PM | #5040
Nice to see a game rated T for Teens turn to this gay romance game because...hey sims 3 has it. I don't know about you but I don't want my son exposed to SGR.
Sebah - Jedi Knight Guardian