Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Daegil
01.02.2013 , 05:20 PM | #631
To be a bit creative about "run and gun" style of an ability:

Steady Assault (toggle-able "stance" or maybe gunnery specific ammo, making choice between ammo regen and mobility): Reduces your movement speed to '70%' of normal, but makes you completely immune to slows, roots and interrupts and makes you able to cast on the move.
Verne (The Progenitor)

SpaniardInfinity
01.02.2013 , 06:59 PM | #632
Quote: Originally Posted by Daegil View Post

Steady Assault (toggle-able "stance" or maybe gunnery specific ammo, making choice between ammo regen and mobility): Reduces your movement speed to '70%' of normal, but makes you completely immune to slows, roots and interrupts and makes you able to cast on the move.
I think I'd actually like something like this a bit more; it seems like a nice compromise between Run and Gun with something like Cover. Considering you would essentially moving at the speed of a sloth while it is active, I agree with the immunity to slows and roots. There is no need to be both immune to interruptions AND able to cast on the move. I'd also say this would need to be high in the Gunnery tree too, assuming it is not a base Commando ability. If it were the latter, it would make for some VERY interesting Combat Medic hybrids. Probably utterly overpowered ones at that (ie. a healer that is passively immune to interrupts at all times).
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

DarthBandeth
01.02.2013 , 07:00 PM | #633
I don't even have a Merc/Commando and I want this class to be buffed. Way too many flavor of the months going on right now, give this class a chance to shine again.
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.

ArchangelLBC
01.02.2013 , 07:46 PM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by Daegil View Post

I think this is way too clever by half. I'd much rather have the "run and gun" proc attached to stock strike that's been proposed. Casting on the move is pointless when you have 70% movement speed, especially since you'd probably be unable to stance dance properly. Even snipers have to displace a decent amount. You still have to run, and when you do 70% movement speed reduction is not gonna be something you want.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

dejavy
01.04.2013 , 11:33 PM | #635
Bump in the name of justice.

SneiK
01.05.2013 , 10:14 AM | #636
Either need to be able to fight back, regardless of focus (instant casts), or the ability to escape.

I lean towards escape, as it would make the gameplay towards tactics, rather than spamming rotations 24/7.

dejavy
01.05.2013 , 10:40 AM | #637
Created a thread about this build. Please try it out.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800ZrckzMZcIRrzhuMc.2

fungihoujo
01.05.2013 , 10:55 AM | #638
Quote: Originally Posted by VarrusTheEthical View Post
Well, I'll be very disappointed if 1.7 pops on the PTS and there are no improvements made to Commandos/Mercs.
Nope- they're nerfing operatives, and buffing smash.

aka- same old **** BW has been doing for well over half a year now.

TrumpetNut
01.05.2013 , 11:14 AM | #639
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Dear Austin Peckenpaugh. If you ever actually played the AC in PvP,
(something you clearly have not)
You would know the issue is not just against multiple enemies but a singel "mele" enemy that can shut
down the DPS on this class to easy.ALSO DPS wise gunnery/arsenal is far weaker because of this.
Having a escape is fine but a gunnery commando cant kill enyone with hammershot alone,because a mele/powerteck etc will be on you in a second anyways.
For a matter in fact I can kill a lvl 47 commando with a lvl 20 sorc heal specced 1v1 which is sad. Go ahead hug your corners it is a non-legit place-holding phrase. They have no "Escapabilty"

macumba
01.05.2013 , 11:40 AM | #640
my main is gunslinger and I do support love for mercs & commandos
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.